Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Last Place In England You Would Visit.

leigh white

Good call. I was working in Workington recently. What a shithole. Stayed in Cockermouth though and that was lovely.

Went to Workington on Sunday for the rugby but pitched up in Cockermouth from 12 til half 2. Cracking little town, some corking pubs, especially in the nice weather. I think Whitehaven isn't actually that bad either, especially around the 'marina'. Apparently Cleator Moor and the like are ones to steer clear of though.

totally disagree... horrible place to look at but really down to earth nice friendly people.

The thread wasn't about the people, I have a lot of family in Whitehaven & Workington and couldn't agree with you more, fine people in that part of the world. But you can't disagree that they are grim places.

The thread wasn't about the people, I have a lot of family in Whitehaven & Workington and couldn't agree with you more, fine people in that part of the world. But you can't disagree that they are grim places.

No, I can't

I worked for a couple of years at Distington Landfill and if there is a more horrible place in England, I don't want to see or smell it

You are 100% right

Offerton, then I went upmarket to Cheadle Hulme!

I used to work on Cheadle Hulme

And my Sister and Grandad live in Offerton...it's no worse than many places; depends which part I guess

I'm moving back to Marple in a few weeks....

Brinny and Adswood are the biggest shitholes in Stockport. Oh and the own centre

There's alot worse up there though

Lived at Kelbrook Court in Offerton, Just off Alfreton Road,

Cheadle Hulme was okay,, but has more than its fair share of knobs out and about.

Have friends in Marple, nice place.

My stepfather's from Hale Barns. He said there's far too much "new money' round Cheadle Hulme these days. Bless him :)