Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Last Place In England You Would Visit.

leigh white

If I wasn't from Bolton but took a daytrip to here, I'd say Bolton.

Hulls is pretty grim too. Once coming home from a ferry trip and the motorway out of the hellhole was shut. I ended up going round in cricles and couldn't get out of the place. It was like a recurring nightmare

Hinkley

Dove Holes

I used to work in Hinckley and it is, indeed, a shithole. Not even in the races compared to Corby though. Full of bitter, third generation, skirt-wearing, porridge wogs.

Lovely.

On the non league wankathon, this years event was in Nottingham, the two dozy wankers I was with after a mega sesh in town with a gathering from all over the place decided to board a train what came in late, i had gone to the bog, to find them shouting to get on. Yeah, I got on, a non stop train in the wrong direction. Landed back home on Sunday.

Stretching the story a bit there Mick, you were home for half 2 Sunday morning and I was back in the pub for half 8 Sunday morning!

Stretching the story a bit there Mick, you were home for half 2 Sunday morning and I was back in the pub for half 8 Sunday morning!

when Leigh White starts a thread at 10.30pm, have visions of him propping the bar in the vault of some questionable boozer

yet he's on here

I say give him some slack!

when Leigh White starts a thread at 10.30pm, have visions of him propping the bar in the vault of some questionable boozer

yet he's on here

I say give him some slack!

To be fair while I was slumped at Piccadilly Gardens waiting for the 12.30am bus back to Leyth, he decided it'd be a good idea to nip to Spoons for a quick pint. Seriously dedicated boozing, can't knock it!

East Kilbride. I worked there for 6 months and that was 6 months too many. Awful purpose built concrete town full of porridge eating, English hating, skirt wearing Jocks.

It's the last place I'd visit in England too, since it is in Scotland

Carlisle is where I don't want to visit

then Merseyside

Edit to say... if you want to claim East Kilbride, you're welcome to it... FD is right it is a shit hole

Edited by jazza

Whitehaven, in fact most of the small coastal towns in the far west of Cumbria.

Good call. I was working in Workington recently. What a shithole. Stayed in Cockermouth though and that was lovely.