Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

I Will Get The Biggest Hard On

Garrp

The missus and kids are all Arsenal and I can't stick 'em.

That Gallas tackle on Mavies when they scored at the morgue that is the Emirates got me in the shit in the hospitality bit and ended up getting thrown out and banned.  

Just hate the big club getting away with anything at home stuff which luckily we don't get too much in our league.

See on the whole united thing...

I've watched them personally laugh in our faces for pretty much 25 years. (Bar the odd couple of occasions of course)

I can still see them chuckling their heads off watching our end get all hot and bothered just at their sheer presence,our lot myself included a actually foaming at the mouth in anger giving loads including Munich jibes and they just stand there laughing as they stick another past us.

That isn't rivalry,is it fuck.

On flip side watching the Blackburn fans reaction after our last minute winner this season and there little charge outside afterwards I could feel actuall hatred from them....and I fucking loved it!

It actually felt like a proper rivalry for a bit...

I think as long as we are playing Blackpool regularly there will be fun and games,but that like Tranmere is now and then thing...Ie anyone under the age of 20 will never even seen us play Tranmere never mind hate them,whereas the younguns will be all over this little tiff with Blackpool next season that's for certain.

As for Liverpool ...can't be arsed either way,I like Brendan Rodgers though.

And those vermin stood there being all 'let's laugh at the small timers' and dismissive, fair enough, if they're actually from Manchester or have an affiliation to Manchester...

We can't have some cunt from Cumbria, Connaught or Cornwall getting all haughty and superior - just because they've elected to follow the vermin can we?

When they're skulking back to their sordid little grief holes up and down the land or even overseas (those that actually follow them in the flesh) or walking around doing the shopping, in the pub or other armchair related shite wearing that shit-red rag - well they should be jeered and heckled and abused at every opportunity.

Real supporters of every team should unite in vitriol against these plastic twats...

The penny might finally drop in their numb as a piss-stone skulls then.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

And those vermin stood there being all 'let's laugh at the small timers' and dismissive, fair enough, if they're actually from Manchester or have an affiliation to Manchester...

We can't have some cunt from Cumbria, Connaught or Cornwall getting all haughty and superior - just because they've elected to follow the vermin can we?

When they're skulking back to their sordid little grief holes up and down the land or even overseas (those that actually follow them in the flesh) or walking around doing the shopping, in the pub or other armchair related shite wearing that shit-red rag - well they should be jeered and heckled and abused at every opportunity.

Real supporters of every team should unite in vitriol against these plastic twats...

Have a plus 1 

'It's a travel tavern.'

My top 5

DMBs

T'Rovers

Wolves

Tramcart

Hate my self for biting here but Wigan are starting to grate.

See on the whole united thing...

I've watched them personally laugh in our faces for pretty much 25 years. (Bar the odd couple of occasions of course)

I can still see them chuckling their heads off watching our end get all hot and bothered just at their sheer presence,our lot myself included a actually foaming at the mouth in anger giving loads including Munich jibes and they just stand there laughing as they stick another past us.

That isn't rivalry,is it fuck.

On flip side watching the Blackburn fans reaction after our last minute winner this season and there little charge outside afterwards I could feel actuall hatred from them....and I fucking loved it!

It actually felt like a proper rivalry for a bit...

I think as long as we are playing Blackpool regularly there will be fun and games,but that like Tranmere is now and then thing...Ie anyone under the age of 20 will never even seen us play Tranmere never mind hate them,whereas the younguns will be all over this little tiff with Blackpool next season that's for certain.

As for Liverpool ...can't be arsed either way,I like Brendan Rodgers though.

You have to live in the nothern hinterlands between Salford and Bolton to really understand the hatred and believe me it's palpable they fuckin hate us and the feeling is every bit as strong for the Whites in that area, the rest of the united support probably don't feel it but the Reds who run with the United lads from elsewhere let it be known, hence the turn outs from their boys in the early years when we regained our status, there was a heavy mob of boys from Walkden,LH, and Salford and no doubt a few Bolton reds(traitors) a few Bolton lads from LH also have been on the wrong side of kickings outside of football days just for being Whites, totally bang out of order. Oh I forgot the day our lads met a few Bolton lads who chased some of the LH reds who ran with the MIB at the Kenyon arms and chased them out of the pub, well done to the Bolton lads a rare victory for us. Edited by Mounts Kipper

I hate everyone, dmbs will always be top I count fcum as them also because they basically are the same.

We always seem to have a decent ratio of being hated as a 2nd 3rd team rather than a main rival but by many club supporters I have encountered. That will do for me.

You have to live in the nothern hinterlands between Salford and Bolton to really understand the hatred and believe me it's palpable they fuckin hate us and the feeling is every bit as strong for the Whites in that area, the rest of the united support probably don't feel it but the Reds who run with the United lads from elsewhere let it be known, hence the turn outs from their boys in the early years when we regained our status, there was a heavy mob of boys from Walkden,LH, and Salford and no doubt a few Bolton reds(traitors) a few Bolton lads from LH also have been on the wrong side of kickings outside of football days just for being Whites, totally bang out of order. Oh I forgot the day our lads met a few Bolton lads who chased some of the LH reds who ran with the MIB at the Kenyon arms and chased them out of the pub, well done to the Bolton lads a rare victory for us.

On the lad front as it were,I think united respect Bolton massively,like you say hence their turn outs.

I was too young at the time,but I'm led to believe we didn't have it all out own way on the day of black Sunday...round the ground yes,but mob on mob I've been told they had massive numbers out that day and were a bit more organised than Bolton.

In more recent times,I've seen them turn out plentiful against us,always with a huge police presence mind,but as stated in another thread,the stunt they pulled to get back into Bolton that day at the station was born from pure intent and respect for Bolton that it was worth doing.

Like you hinted at,regarding the rivalry as a whole I suppose you have to be in the mixer of LH etc to get any kind of hatred directed our way from them...all I have ever seen is them brushing us aside like an annoying kid brother while he tries his best to windmill in.

Edited by gonzo

Liverpool are a bunch of self-pitying twats who think they've done no wrong in their disasters. Throw in Aldridge, Carragher, Benitez, Dalglish, Suarez, the Champions League they fluked in 05, their desperation for Premier League success, the opinion that they think they're worthy of it and the hilarity that they haven't come close.

United; they've won too much in the last twenty years or so for me to care. It must be boring 'supporting' them, but I couldn't care less at the end of the day, they've been there and done it. Probably do it fifty times more in my lifetime too. They've gone too far to ever get relegated or suffer financially, so the hatred is pointless unless it comes to Bolton reds when our support is suffering as a result. They make my top 5, but I have bigger fish to fry with Rovers, Wolves et all.

And avatars like yours make us seem even more small time I'm afraid.

TIL NEXT TIME

CAPSLOCK COLIN

Just how old do you think your going to live to, 100+?

Used to absolutely foam at the mouth about Utd as a kid, probably because of the years waiting to play them in the league and then getting thumped 6-0. These days I've accepted that we're never going to get close to them and they're not worth the hassle, though they're always prime for a wind up when they lose a game, especially the whining Pub United types who I pity more than anything as they applaud the substitutions on telly etc. That said, I know FAR more match going DMB's than I do Scousers.

That's because nobody in the whole wide world can get tickets at Anfield silly!

I thought the great replica shirt wearers of the north had got their heads together and decided it was high prices that meant they couldn't go, once the lack of tickets argument was blown out of the water?

• Members

When we knocked Liverpool out of the cup that season in the 90s, their supporters were great towards us at Anfield.

Very different with Everton the year after at Goodison.

As a kid, also remember them being alright in our end too, when they spilled out onto the Embankment.

Never had an issue with Liverpool. Yeah, they live off past glories. But you can apply that to a lot of clubs.

If you are basing the hatred on them battling to find out what happened to dead family members at a footie game, you need a good hard look at yourself.

They don't bother me too much but have started to grate a little with their constant whining and vigils. Have to say though, in your synopsis you leave out one huge telling factor - Heysel.

Should change your view a bit and maybe, just maybe, make you think that Hillsborough was at least partly (a lot of us think 80%+) the fault of Liverpool supporters.