Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bwfc To Be Sold ?

miamiwhite

They could probably go into administration today if they wanted to, why do you think they are waiting?

Waiting to see how long we are the basement boys, if there's no chance of climbing the table and relegation a high possibility, then boom, go bust, points deduction, relegations certain but no debt

The same debt that apart from £10m owed to banks is all owed to our owner?

You see there's something not right here, some scam is on the go. IF there is only an official 10 million debt why the big panic about not spending?

Since 96 I think 12 in the premiership, big money in from sky, sold all our best players for a decent profit, sold burnden park, so how the fuck has gartside let there be over 100 million in debt? Dodgy cunt

Waiting to see how long we are the basement boys, if there's no chance of climbing the table and relegation a high possibility, then boom, go bust, points deduction, relegations certain but no debt

Our only external debt is around £10m.

We owe Eddie around £130m but why would he put his own business into administration as all the money is owed to him?

• Site Supporter

You see there's something not right here, some scam is on the go. IF there is only an official 10 million debt why the big panic about not spending?

Financial fair play..

Incoming has to be more than incoming..

we're not a big club, we don't have massive incomings and so our outgoings have to match...

• Moderators

Heard rumblings at the weekend off a former player,still connected at the Reebok though,that we are being deliberately run down in an effort to make ourselves more attractive for a buyer.

think he's getting confused with the plot to Major League

is the next part of the plan to relocate to Florida?

• Site Supporter

I challenge Mr Gartside to deny these rumours which he obviously will but lets see what happens within the next 12 months before judgement is passed on this.

I take it you've emailed this shite to him personally then?

decline is just around the corner

No idea what's going on at the Reebok. No idea why our debts have been allowed to climb astronomically (if the paper figures represent the whole truth). No idea if all other clubs are being publicly careful over FFP (let's face it, most other league clubs have less income than BWFC).

But THIS I am beginning to believe.

Right lets have another go:

The debt accumulated in the premier league to help cash flow and fund transfers - eddie has had a vast majority of that back in interest - rough fag packet if he wrote off his entire £120m he'd be out of pocket by about £40m - so lets take the m off the end to make it less eye watering but not ridiculous - if you are loaded because you have £2 and you can live very very happily for the rest of your life on £1 and you think I'll put the other £1 in to something I love and so far I've had 60p back if a new investor comes in and I have to write off the other 40p then so be it. the premier league money keeps on rolling in funds the "running" of the club mainly players wages we're all good......that was then

This is now.............we've been relegated - I've still had my 60p back but the books show that I am still owed the £1 in full because I'd be daft to just write that off until I have to - but now the income of the club doesn't meet the running costs so we need to cut the cloth and the £1 I kept to myself out my £2 fortune would not last 2 minutes trying to fund a championship club on premiership costs I'm not like that Sheikh who has a £100 at city........so I'll drop a bit extra in here and there to help fund cheaper deals like Jay Spearing but the club has to be able to run on it's income so with parachutes we've cut the cloth hard but not catastrophic still good budget - once they go then we'll have to see serious cuts and I would be willing to attract investors by saying more loudly don't give me the £1 back the clubs owes me I've had my 60p and I will write off the rest - I've had my fun. 

The salient points being:

- Eddie was able and willing to fund some transfers and cash flow while the premier league money funded the running costs - it was a good formula - attract afford good players be able to pay them

- Eddies brain isn't small enough nor is his bank balance big enough to fund transfer and premiership level wages after relegation - we're still using a similar formula like funding Jay Spearing but with lesser parachute payments helping running costs

- Once the parachutes gone then our budget will be poor how poor in championship terms I'm not sure but we'll be back to relying on the methods that got us in the prem - good management - team spirit - etc - etc and not money - it's not easy but it's doable see Burnley, Blackpool, Palace there's usually one a year

I just cant see that Eddie will ever pull the plug and put us in administration he has no reason whatsoever to do that in my eyes

Edited by onlyoneawalker

Right lets have another go:

The debt accumulated in the premier league to help cash flow and fund transfers - eddie has had a vast majority of that back in interest - rough fag packet if he wrote off his entire £120m he'd be out of pocket by about £40m - so lets take the m off the end to make it less eye watering but not ridiculous - if you are loaded because you have £2 and you can live very very happily for the rest of your life on £1 and you think I'll put the other £1 in to something I love and so far I've had 60p back if a new investor comes in and I have to write off the other 40p then so be it. the premier league money keeps on rolling in funds the "running" of the club mainly players wages we're all good......that was then

This is now.............we've been relegated - I've still had my 60p back but the books show that I am still owed the £1 in full because I'd be daft to just write that off until I have to - but now the income of the club doesn't meet the running costs so we need to cut the cloth and the £1 I kept to myself out my £2 fortune would not last 2 minutes trying to fund a championship club on premiership costs I'm not like that Sheikh who has a £100 at city........so I'll drop a bit extra in here and there to help fund cheaper deals like Jay Spearing but the club has to be able to run on it's income so with parachutes we've cut the cloth hard but not catastrophic still good budget - once they go then we'll have to see serious cuts and I would be willing to attract investors by saying more loudly don't give me the £1 back the clubs owes me I've had my 60p and I will write off the rest - I've had my fun.

That's the best way of explaining things that I've read, and all makes sense. We will need to see if Eddie funds anything in January and if he doesn't then that will confirm to me that he is looking to move on or at least listen to offers. Edited by hughmungus

With leaks aplenty on this, surprised not one media agency has picked up on it?

You'd think it was utter bollocks, wouldn't you? But obviously it can't be. Not in some unnamed former player says it's true.