Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Power To The People! - Protestors.

Youri McAnespie

The bedsheet brigade threads on the other page got me thinking...

Sometimes you see pictures of people protesting, what might even be valid causes, and even a wishy-washy liberal like me has the urge to break out the water-cannon and lead-filled batons...

Some must get up the morning of the protest and think;

"Reet, what should I wear, how should I behave and what items can I carry with me that will enrage normal folk and alienate them from me and my cause?"

Here's some cock at the 'Occupy Wall Street' one

Has anyone any more? I'm sure somebody else might have an old favourite, guaranteed to have Birch-Chorley foaming at the mouth :)

800px-Day_3_Occupy_Wall_Street_2011_Shan

Edited by Youri McAnespie

I must say I'm surprised and a little saddened no-one offered this one...(and I can't find a bigger photo.)

No_Cuts_E50.jpg

Another from the occupy Wall Street mob (below), if they mean the two of them, surely that's a mathematically nonsensical statement?

RTR383BZ.jpg

This bloke should donate that mask to someone in greater need of it...

Edited by Youri McAnespie

Just nipped to the shop and some clown was filming 2 pcso manning the road block for the party conference.

Why?

I just thought 'what an absolute penis'

You should have filmed him filming them, whilst shouting "I'm watching you, pal!"

Unfortunately now that the Telegraph and Times charge for their online offerings I am reduced to browsing the Guardian. Morons  of this type flood the comment sections. Choose any item of news open to comments and you find them polluting the section and no matter what the story they will manage to include the phrases "fault of the capitalist west" or " can you blame them it was we that raped and pillaged their land"  "Right wing conspiracy" etc etc.

Hand wringing apologists who cannot get past their "4 legs good two legs bad" default arguments.

Is it not David De Gayer?

Are you insinuating it's Bad A.i.D.s, not Bubonic Plague? Homophobe! :)

Just nipped to the shop and some clown was filming 2 pcso manning the road block for the party conference.

Why?

I just thought 'what an absolute penis'

Perhaps he was hoping a pisshead paper seller would try and wander past on his way home?

Unfortunately now that the Telegraph and Times charge for their online offerings I am reduced to browsing the Guardian. Morons  of this type flood the comment sections. Choose any item of news open to comments and you find them polluting the section and no matter what the story they will manage to include the phrases "fault of the capitalist west" or " can you blame them it was we that raped and pillaged their land"  "Right wing conspiracy" etc etc.

Hand wringing apologists who cannot get past their "4 legs good two legs bad" default arguments.

Mail Reader 'Agent Provocateurs' - some of them know there's more than one way to skin a cat, they're not a dim as they look, some of 'em.

I tend to stick to th'independent their comments section attracts both end of the loony spectrum.

Why not fork out the couple of quid for the Times or Telegraph then you tightwad?

FWIW I think you should, at least occasionally, read a paper with views opposed to you own. Listen to the other side of the argument rather than having yiour prejudices confirmed.

Why not fork out the couple of quid for the Times or Telegraph then you tightwad?

FWIW I think you should, at least occasionally, read a paper with views opposed to you own. Listen to the other side of the argument rather than having yiour prejudices confirmed.

Good idea

Not the Guardian, though

Hey I'm a poor student again now. I do take in the other side of the argument but sometimes its just so intrenched