Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Android Tv

aidybwfc

I'm trying to use Turks, Robocop and Mobdro and it's jerky as fook. I've cleared the cache but that hasn't made much difference. My only thoughts are my internet connection is a bit shit. Plusnet are saying I'm on 8mb but a speed test tonight is saying 11mb. Either way, is this a bit slow? What speeds are others on that use android boxes with smooth pictures?

I'm trying to use Turks, Robocop and Mobdro and it's jerky as fook. I've cleared the cache but that hasn't made much difference. My only thoughts are my internet connection is a bit shit. Plusnet are saying I'm on 8mb but a speed test tonight is saying 11mb. Either way, is this a bit slow? What speeds are others on that use android boxes with smooth pictures?

I only get 10 and i'm fine

if some of the stuff is getting hammered at the time, it can cock it a bit

• Moderators

Are you using a wired connection to your router? Or using wifi?

Apparently this zgemma box I'm picking up tonight can with a memory stick.

Got an Openbox V8s but i've been looking at Zgemma for the dual tuner, SkyTV skin etc. Struggling to see what the difference is between the H2/2S/H.2S/H.2H boxes though - the specs on their website seem to be very similar and I can't work out what's better about the £90 box compared to the £75/£65 boxes.

Any advice appreciated.

Got an Openbox V8s but i've been looking at Zgemma for the dual tuner, SkyTV skin etc. Struggling to see what the difference is between the H2/2S/H.2S/H.2H boxes though - the specs on their website seem to be very similar and I can't work out what's better about the £90 box compared to the £75/£65 boxes.

Any advice appreciated.

No idea pal. Not sure which one I've even got!

I'll have a look when I can later

Mines an openbox v8s

35quid on ebay

12month sky gift warranty for 15quid ebay

You need a sky dish (not a subscription) and connection to the internet

Signal is via dish

Unscrambled via internet

10 mins to set up

And you can record via USB

Sports SD, Movies SD and BT Sport HD all included.

Had mine since October no issues

Zgemma mentioned above seems to have the Sky skin which is probably better. Not sure of the other differences

I've got same setup as bigtoe but with F3s box. No issues had it over a year you have to do a channel update every so often. I've also got a now TV box that has plex on it that has full sports in HD and works via broadband and being connected to someone's server. I also have a mx android box for all films and boxsets probably cost me 200 quid for the lot that's it then.

I've got an openbox, which was installed whilst I wasn't there; six months later I have fuck all channels.

How do I clear and retune- is it a simple download on to a usb?

Am I better downloading some apps to my kindle and connecting it to my tv via HDMI?

Send a PM to DannyG. He's the authority on this type of thing