Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wigan 3 Wanderers 2

SJM

Agree with most of that but surely baptiste has to do better than that he was shocking. There has to be question marks on DF ability to motivate these player the first 20 minutes in reality the game was over.

McManaman's a handful for any full back at this level but you're right, Baptiste was pretty dire. If some of McManaman's crosses had been better and others made better use of they'd have had half a dozen.    

• Site Supporter

Back to the football

They clearly picked up on our weakness at full back and played with width

They also played at a fast tempo

We collapsed and Dougie reacted far too slowly and will live or die by such decisions

Danns looked a world beater in the second half but fuck knows where he was first 45

We deserved a draw but I have to say Dougie cost us a point today. It's my sincere hope that he's learning from these mistakes because if he is we will eventually have a fucking tip top manager on our hands.

My son has lost his unbeaten record unfortunately, but went to bed chanting "wanky Wanderers" for which I'm in the doghouse

sam rickets was decent at left back

I agree but he's gone, who can we play there now?

I've backed Freedman but fuck me my patience is wearing thin....

As an eternal optimist who thinks the Ashes are still ours I think this season is over.... Think we will finish 10-15......

Will still be at Barnsley though.....

Iam not sticking up for Freedman in any way shape or form but go would you play at left back?

Don't go down the road of saying we should have signed a LB on loan instead of McNaugton because that's a given......

If anything Freedman should have got someone to sit in front of Baptiste until he/we settled down, how Moritz stayed on the pitch in the first half I don't know, the managers job is to react to problems he sees on the pitch on this one he's failed miserably he did nothing and that's why we lost the game.

If anything Freedman should have got someone to sit in front of Baptiste until he/we settled down, how Moritz stayed on the pitch in the first half I don't know, the managers job is to react to problems he sees on the pitch on this one he's failed miserably he did nothing and that's why we lost the game.

Agree with all that Skip, but with what we've got who else can play LB? He should have done this that & tuther is ok but we are we are and Baptise out of position is our best left back.....

And I know that's down to Freedman.....

I like him, I really do, talks a great game....

But.....

I think he tries to be to cute, too clever, simple football, simple tactics go a long way at this level....

As I've wrote this I've come to the conclusion it's time for a change....

I wish it wasn't but I can't see things getting better....

On footballing matters, after Doncaster, I was very disappointed today.

If we'd started the first half like we did the second, it'd be game over at half time. I know we were away today, but with the following & local derby etc, I'd have hoped we'd of got at them from the off. Even at 2 down I knew we'd get back in it, so I'm frustrated we ended up chasing it rather than dictating it.

Really want to see that penalty decision again, someone do the honours please.

Agree with all that Skip, but with what we've got who else can play LB? He should have done this that & tuther is ok but we are we are and Baptise out of position is our best left back.....

And I know that's down to Freedman.....

I like him, I really do, talks a great game....

But.....

I think he tries to be to cute, too clever, simple football, simple tactics go a long way at this level....

As I've wrote this I've come to the conclusion it's time for a change....

I wish it wasn't but I can't see things getting better....

I quite like his knowledge of players I like his calm demeanour, he's better than Coyle for sure but I don't think he's ready for BWFC its a big job and you need a lot of experience of management to succeed and for me he lacks the motivational skills and the tactical nous to get the best out of these players.I keep hoping its going to happen here for him but the omens are are not good. Edited by Mounts Kipper

At 2 -2 i thought there would only be one winner they looked totally shagged after they fluked a third.What is it with this diagonal ball over the top that we never win the ball never mind 2nd ball.With that backing and those corner stats alone we should have won this easy!! And no minibus after match.

As strange as this sounds, I think Dougie is best suited to the Premier league, his knowledge of the game is undoubted, his tactics maybe questioned, but it's no different than a lot of top end Premiership managers set up, I honestly think that one day Dougie will be a top top manager, unfortunately not with Bolton, we don't have time, nor do we have the players to play to Dougies game plan.

And dont forget we will end up with a shitter squad next season. He hasnt been able to do it in 2 years of the bigger parachute payment, only gonna get worse

This is where I disagree his knowledge of players at this level is excellent and we are due to lose a good few high earners who are not contributing, if we can replace with cheaper options who will contribute I don't see why we can't do a Burnley, I'm just worried DF won't or can't motivate.

I think he thinks he's cleverer/better than he really is.

A shame really, because it will cost him his job if things continue.

I've been saying that for a few weeks, Traf.

I have this image of him spending the week with a blackboard working out different formations, tactic & player selections. And there it all stays - on the fookin blackboard. It sure as fook ain't happening on the pitch. Simple game - KISS.

Folk that film stuff like that and put it on YouTube are the lowest of the fucking low.

They're not quite the lowest, but they're filming the lowest.

Anyone who gets involved with this kind of behaviour at football games (and I'm aware I'm talking about a lot of you on here) are utter fucktards.

Back to the game - anyone calling for Dougie's head needs a sanity check. If we'd have gotten the 3rd and snuck a win, people would be creaming themselves about how much character we showed. They get a deflected winner and suddently every one of the players is a spineless cunt?

I seriously worry about the average IQ on here sometimes.

They're not quite the lowest, but they're filming the lowest.

Anyone who gets involved with this kind of behaviour at football games (and I'm aware I'm talking about a lot of you on here) are utter fucktards.

Back to the game - anyone calling for Dougie's head needs a sanity check. If we'd have gotten the 3rd and snuck a win, people would be creaming themselves about how much character we showed. They get a deflected winner and suddently every one of the players is a spineless cunt?

I seriously worry about the average IQ on here sometimes.

Give over. People are questioning the spineless first-half. Showing character when 0-2 down is all well & good, but the points stayed in Wigan. And we've been seeing this happen time & again this season, which is why we're 16th in the Championship. All the 'ifs' in the world won't change that.