Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Released List

freds dad

Seeing these outgoings and reading Dougies article in yesterday's BN website It's really hitting home how much of a mess he's inherited and financial juggling about he's had to do. Some of us are ignorant to some of this, me included. He's the right man, it would of been stupid to go up with so many loaners and wasters, we just need a bit of luck with a couple of young ones coming through and shrewed signings, steady the ship then go for it 2015-16. It's looking much better

Guest bwfcdan

Do we? I reckon we just need to defend better as a team. Our defence has been ok the back end of the season.

Would you rate Shackell and Duff at Burnley much better than Mills and Ream?

I think the full backs make a big difference too. We haven't had two settled decent ones for a good while.

Yes, I'd say so. Poor defending cost us again at the weekend. It's been like that all season, lost count of the amount of errors that have led to goals through the likes of Ream and Mills. They're not alone of course, Baptiste and Knight have cost us a number of goals too.

It'll be the same again next season. Need to get a decent RB in, and preferably another CB to partner Wheater.

Do we? I reckon we just need to defend better as a team. Our defence has been ok the back end of the season.

Would you rate Shackell and Duff at Burnley much better than Mills and Ream?  

I think the full backs make a big difference too. We haven't had two settled decent ones for a good while.

Mills, wheater and ream are more than good enough as 3 centre halves.

Decent full backs would help massively.

Threlkeld is a prospect but id be loath to go into next season with him as first choice.

I suppose he and Riley (if he can stay fit) would benefit from a full pre season with the first team.

Baptiste has been a liability at times.

Left back hopefully Tierney can be our man and ream is a more than capable back up.

Yes, I'd say so. Poor defending cost us again at the weekend. It's been like that all season, lost count of the amount of errors that have led to goals through the likes of Ream and Mills. They're not alone of course, Baptiste and Knight have cost us a number of goals too.

It'll be the same again next season. Need to get a decent RB in, and preferably another CB to partner Wheater.

The problem against Brum was the defending further up the pitch allowing them to pump ball after ball into the box eventually one of them would fall to a Brum player.

When the fuck Tierny fit?

...in my head during his absence he's evolved into the best full back since Tommy Banks

Owt to play for and he'd have been rushed back in April. As it stands may as well give him a decent preseason and good to go for August

And he would want to drop down a division when he is currently in West broms first team because???

You asked who I would like to replace Ream and Mills.

I'd like it to be Dawson.

I'd like it to be a straight swap.

That's what I would like.

Never said it was realistic.

What is the point in suggesting it if its not something realistic?

If your living in cloud cuckoo land then you could have picked better than Dawson. Im sure Cahill is bored of playing in the champions league so maybe he will come back??

• Members

I like it.  We can swap Beckford for Messi, Chungy for Bale and Chris Eaves for Ronaldo whilst we're at it.