Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

I Love Bolton Roll Call.

tomski

I've been saying this for years - those, like most on here, who've put thousands of pounds and thousands of hours into BWFC should be rewarded for that loyalty. Why should our season ticket cost the same as some, for example, bandwagon jumper in 2005 who fancied a slice of Okocha, Hierro etc...but who has since long fucked off? Other businesses (since that's apparently what we're now talking about) manage to organise loyalty schemes for their best customers so why can't the club? Fuck me, they should be paying plenty on here to turn up as a thank you for sticking by them through the shit 4th Division times...and continuing so to do as we plummet in the same direction under Dougie the football genius.

I have been watching Bolton since my dad first took me in 1965, I've seen us play in all 4 divisions believe me if you think its tough being a Wanderers fan now we have had some shit times over the last 50 years. Being a Bolton fan is not about being a glory hunter and only turning up when your winning, there are plenty of them down the road in Manchester. Its about passion for the club, the odd cup run, days out with the lads, throw in 2 European tours 2 league cup finals and 2 FA cup semi finals. That why I love Bolton.  

I have been watching Bolton since my dad first took me in 1965, I've seen us play in all 4 divisions believe me if you think its tough being a Wanderers fan now we have had some shit times over the last 50 years. Being a Bolton fan is not about being a glory hunter and only turning up when your winning, there are plenty of them down the road in Manchester. Its about passion for the club, the odd cup run, days out with the lads, throw in 2 European tours 2 league cup finals and 2 FA cup semi finals. That why I love Bolton.

nobster one of the old guard on here you

My old man said to me on the way back from one of the away trips in Europe to "remember this when we are shit again" at the time I thought he was pissed up talking shit and couldn't be arsed listening to him because I was rough as fuck.

I think this is what he means, I hope it doesn't get worse than this anyway.

Its time like this that you need to show your love for Bolton, its easy going to watch when we were punching above our weight in the premier league but its now when we are in a little bit of a tough time that the club needs our support. The good times will return one day im sure but it probably take a while.

P.s im only 28 so don't remember the tough times in our past I've had it relatively easy but I have heard on numerous occasions from my dad and his mates how shit we were but apparently the days out were the best thing that's ever happened in the entire history of the world if you believe their story telling!

I have been watching Bolton since my dad first took me in 1965, I've seen us play in all 4 divisions believe me if you think its tough being a Wanderers fan now we have had some shit times over the last 50 years. Being a Bolton fan is not about being a glory hunter and only turning up when your winning, there are plenty of them down the road in Manchester. Its about passion for the club, the odd cup run, days out with the lads, throw in 2 European tours 2 league cup finals and 2 FA cup semi finals. That why I love Bolton.

Great post.

I've been saying this for years - those, like most on here, who've put thousands of pounds and thousands of hours into BWFC should be rewarded for that loyalty. Why should our season ticket cost the same as some, for example, bandwagon jumper in 2005 who fancied a slice of Okocha, Hierro etc...but who has since long fucked off? Other businesses (since that's apparently what we're now talking about) manage to organise loyalty schemes for their best customers so why can't the club? Fuck me, they should be paying plenty on here to turn up as a thank you for sticking by them through the shit 4th Division times...and continuing so to do as we plummet in the same direction under Dougie the football genius.

Why would someone who has fucked off want to buy a season ticket? How would you quantify between loyalty and simply being older?

• Site Supporter

Think the biggest factor stopping people going now we are struggling is the expense, it's not just that ticket prices are so high but also that the ground is now longer easily accessible to most people. In the 4th division days those of us who still wanted to could walk into town & then onto Burnden & the prices wernt so prohibitive. People will make the sacrifice for a quality product but won't be so eager to put themselves out for a pile of shirt I'm afraid.

I hope crowds don't drop as dramatically as the 80s but wouldn't be surprised if they do, let's just hope for an upturn in fortunes before they do because the sense of being part of BWFC isn't as strong at the Macron as it was in the bad old days at Burnden, we may have had a small support but we were close & fervent & everyone seemed to know each other, even with 4 thousand on it could be intimidating. I know I'm getting on a bit but it feels more like a trip to the cinema now than to a football match.

Guest pansyroadwhite

Isn't the current loyalty system that you get to brag about being at Darlington?

i was there that night and away to aldershot when we dropped to the 4th division Edited by pansyroadwhite