Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Islamic State

Underpants

I can't understand why there hasn't been a world wide Islamic condemnation of Isis if it's dragging the name of Islam through the gutter. Why don't we see protest marches by Muslims to marginalise Isis. 

Dunno why we don't see them barring social media coverage but they do happen.

As one muslamic i saw quoted said 'They attacked a Mosque during Ramadan, tell me how they represent Islam again?'

If that was taking place, a stopwatch wouldn't be the first thing I'd be looking for.

I've had a look and their plan appears to be forming a "caliphate" in the Middle East. There is no mention of Buckingham Palace that I can see. Leave them to it and let the countries it effects deal with it. Some cunt from Leicester want to go there and die, let them.

Thin end of the wedge. These cunts won't be happy until they can march down every capital city in the world. And even then you'll get a small pocket of christians rising up and doing things that would make Jihadi Johns toes curl.

We don't seem to have had the anger/outrage across the country that we might have after last weeks murders in Tunisia

Why is that?

• Moderators

I'm guessing because the media have not given it the same level of coverage as last year's beheadings. 

It's all over the media, unless we are talking media other than television, radio and newsprint?

• Moderators

Anyhow, I'm putting it out there... I'm not so outraged because it was one bloke with a gun. This happens regularly in the world, just this time the targets were (mainly) British.

Obviously there's sympathy towards those involved and their families, but I've never even considered going to Tunisia, and going for a beach holiday down the road from a warzone on a sea where thousands of people are drowning trying to escape isn't top of my to do lists.

Maybe folk are numb to it all by now.

Nothing shocks anymore. Which is rather worrying.

That and people haven't got a clue what we should do about it?

Exactly.

Nobody has a clue.

Only the sensationalist Facebook wankers seem to know what to do, ie bomb the fuck out of them and kick all the fuckers out.

Think most people are little more educated than that nowadays.

I was one of them back in 2001 on the back of 9/11.

If we steam over there again,we will be in exactly the same situation in 15 years time.

• Site Supporter

We don't seem to have had the anger/outrage across the country that we might have after last weeks murders in Tunisia

Why is that?

Maybe folk are numb to it all by now.

Nothing shocks anymore. Which is rather worrying.

I reckon we will have ground troops in Sryia by the end of the year.

Maybe people are scared to offer opinion in case the race-hate police are alerted.

Too much notice taken of the do-gooders in society and no notice taken of the realists. Maybe that's because the side of the fence taken up by the realists is the same side of the bigoted idiots who talk about Muslamics but with slightly more thought than them.

I keep hearing ISIS don't speak for Islam but each one of their mentalist ideas come straight from their holy book, that's a cherry topped fact.

The whole religion needs reformation as Christianity had to do . They've still got nutters we know but their branch of voodoo has removed some of the Stone Age nonsense from its teachings (only some mind).

Till that happens and the juxtaposition with the free world is made smaller, nothing will change.

Edited by no balls

• Moderators

Maybe people are scared to offer opinion in case the race-hate police are alerted.

Too much notice taken of the do-gooders in society and no notice taken of the realists. Maybe that's because the side of the fence taken up by the realists is the same side of the bigoted idiots who talk about Muslamics but with slightly more thought than them.

I take it you aren't familiar with the Daily Mail?

Anyhow, I'm putting it out there... I'm not so outraged because it was one bloke with a gun. This happens regularly in the world, just this time the targets were (mainly) British.

Obviously there's sympathy towards those involved and their families, but I've never even considered going to Tunisia, and going for a beach holiday down the road from a warzone on a sea where thousands of people are drowning trying to escape isn't top of my to do lists.

one bloke with a gun,think its a little bit more than that. Lets see what your like when its closer to home

I keep hearing ISIS don't speak for Islam but each one of their mentalist ideas come straight from their holy book, that's a cherry topped fact.

The whole religion needs reformation as Christianity had to do . They've still got nutters we know but their branch of voodoo has removed some of the Stone Age nonsense from its teachings (only some mind).

Till that happens and the juxtaposition with the free world is made smaller, nothing will change.

Aren't their 'mentalist ideas' an particular interpretation of stuff in the Koran?

Much like loons interpret books of the Old Testament to suit their needs?

Aren't their 'mentalist ideas' an particular interpretation of stuff in the Koran?

Much like loons interpret books of the Old Testament to suit their needs?

Sadly they can quote it word for word about chopping heads off and killing none believers. It's all still in the 'good' book with no edits, whereas as I say, some of the grimmer and more shocking Christian stuff has been removed over time.

P.S. I'm not sticking up for Christianity here either.

Sadly they can quote it word for word about chopping heads off and killing none believers. It's all still in the 'good' book with no edits, whereas as I say, some of the grimmer and more shocking Christian stuff has been removed over time.

P.S. I'm not sticking up for Christianity here either.

There are lots of versions of the bible. Each one a different interpretation. There are parts of the old testament about killing non-believers I think. And then the real crux is whether individuals believe the new testament supercedes it or not. It isn't really a difference between two religions. If Christians had been living in the desert in the third world for several generations then no doubt they'd be riding planes into buildings with exactly the same religious excuses.