Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Latest Odds

globaldiver

Well, he hails from somewhere colourfully referred to as ''The Murder Triangle" - but I suppose when you close the door and shut the curtains at night stuff like that barely registers...

Edit: Did a bit more research, sounds delightful...

In the early and mid-1970s there were so many killings of Catholics that that part of the country was known as 'the murder triangle'.
Edited by Youri McAnespie

One of the reasons I'd hate him to come is because he comes across as a nowty cunt who seems to fall out with anyone & everyone. This could be a disaster for our club at this time. I suppose it's all about perceptions.

Are there any managers who enjoy losing?

If the main criteria for the job now is dealing with prima donna footballers then they might as well give me the fuckin job.

An hour on a Monday morning and an hour before the game. That's all I'd need to weed the cunts out. In fact I'd do it for free. How's that.

Jimmy Philips can do the football stuff.

But if the only reason we are bringing in Lennon is because he is 'scary' well its a pretty poor show.

If we do manage to bring in Lennon, being a Bolton fan certainly won't be boring. I'm quite looking forward to the idea of having Lennon in charge, Lennon could be a car crash, but he could be the best thing that has happened at BWFC for years, this is getting quite interesting!

If we do manage to bring in Lennon, being a Bolton fan certainly won't be boring. I'm quite looking forward to the idea of having Lennon in charge, Lennon could be a car crash, but he could be the best thing that has happened at BWFC for years, this is getting quite interesting!

We are already a car crash, what we need is someone to put it all back together again and get the car running

People want Lennon because he has a personality that cannot be described as bland. Normally I'd say that is a terrible reason to appoint a manager. But slow and steady might not dig us out. Lennon is like the balls deep appointment. It's risky and you might end up in A&E. Equally you might have the ride of your life. That's why it is exciting.

It is also why I don't think Gartside will take the risk at this time. I hope he does though. Lennon would restore passion I think and hopefully some pride.

One of the reasons I'd hate him to come is because he comes across as a nowty cunt who seems to fall out with anyone & everyone. This could be a disaster for our club at this time. I suppose it's all about perceptions.

Are there any managers who enjoy losing?

Dougie didn't seem to mind. Or our Owen.

To be honest, I actually agree, not sure we need someone who is going to come in and create divisions. But by the same token, I think we need someone not afraid to throw their weight around a bit. Fine lines and all that.

• Moderators

You mean the Venglos who managed Czechoslovakia?

Strachan who's manager of Scotland?

And Jansen who took Feyenoord to the semis of the Cup Winners cup?

Aye, all shite, obviously

Czechoslovakia, Scotland and a Cup Winners Cup semi, brilliant, that's me pwned.