Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Huddersfield 2 Wanderers 1

leigh white

Enjoyed the day out, great following and tells you something about our mob when after 30 mins, the beer queue was rammed and no food. Pisscans the lot of us.

Pity about the result but after not having seen them since Freedman earlier this year, the 3 games I've been to over Christmas gives me cause for optimism. It's all about next year.

Flight back to Hong Kong leaves now, COYWM

Eidur has missed two glorious chances in successive games and although he obviously oozes class, he slows our game right down.

In fact our build up is now that slow and laboured, Heskey looks quick.

This is not a knee jerk reaction after a deserved defeat, merely an observation.

eidur does slow our game down

but no more than lee

they slow it down cos they can

theres no point getting it forward quickly if theres no fcuker there

Agree with you and Traf on this, it looks awful when there no movement in front but that isnt really their fault.

Injuries to Clayton & Davies have hampered us a bit as i think they both make some good runs and provide options.

eidur does slow our game down

but no more than lee

they slow it down cos they can

theres no point getting it forward quickly if theres no fcuker there

Blackburn was the first time I've seen us under Lennon with little support up top and players seemingly not wanting to run past the ball

May be the Eidur effect; may be Blackburn as they pressed us very well; may be different tactics by Lenny; may have been an anomaly

But it did happen and I believe led to us being penned in, much more like under DF but with a little more backbone and belief

I wasn't convinced with Eidur before he came back but that Heskey goal wopulent have been one had any other player on the pitch been where Eidur was

For me use him if and when required but we need other options to both of our elder statesmen

I don't think Lennon had any intention of using either Eidur or Heskey as much as he has done in the last three games.

Lennon doesn't strike me as the kind of tactical smartarse that would think Eidur as a 'false nine' is a great idea; or that Heskey paying 30-45 mins each game is either.

Eidur will be needed to cover Lee next month but hopefully we can use Heskey more sparingly when Craig David returns plus there's the possibility of signings.

When we get to Feb we'll likely see both players in the 20-30 minute  cameo's planned when they were brought in.

To be fair to both of them they've done a good job, we'd have been looking at youth teamers or recalling Beckford in the last three games had it not been for them.

Loads of modern fans think we are tinpot if only they knew as I've said before we've a large latent support it just needs tapping into. We have support in st helens, Newton Le willows, Warrington, Leigh, Wigan, right through to Darwen, and coming the other way saw lads from Leyland, through to rochdale and every town in between that's a big area and we just need some success to set it alight.

Spot on with the support.we are between Warrington and Leigh and there have always been a lot of Wanderers, since Sky there are more glory hunters of all persuasions but what really pisses me off is the number of recent pie eaters I absolutely hate the cunts. Great following yesterday though, first time I've taken the kids over the border (not a euphemism ) they loved it! The club feeling is definitely coming back the match has been a chore (but not one to be shirked ) over the last few seasons but I'm loving it recently

Looking at the highlights I'm not having Trotter to blame for the second, I don't know where he was passing and if it was on but if it's not for a handball it's not an issue, Danns on the other hand was dicking around with it for 30 seconds before that and put Trotter under pressure, that's the worst part about it for me. 

First one was aids though. No idea why he's taking it to his left.