Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Where To Holiday 2016

Happy Wanderer

Currently having the most fantastic time at Sabi Sands, by Kruger National Park. So far today we've seen rhino (black and white), a female lion & 2 cubs, about 5 months old, a male lion, a female leopard & her juvenile cub, elephants (a herd of), hippos, crocodiles, impala and a pair of rabbits. Only 2 children to be seen, and we fed those to the crocs.

We are there in December, then on to Cape Town and Mozambique.

We are there in December, then on to Cape Town and Mozambique.

It'll be hot and wet apparently, then. We're driving the Garden route from Plet to Cape Town, via Stellenbosh, next. Have a lovely time when you go. We're at Lion Sands, River Lodge - we have a butler. I'm from Deane and I have a butler...

It'll be hot and wet apparently, then. We're driving the Garden route from Plet to Cape Town, via Stellenbosh, next. Have a lovely time when you go. We're at Lion Sands, River Lodge - we have a butler. I'm from Deane and I have a butler...

We are about 10km away, I reckon, at Simbambili

A butler, eh.

We had a great drive along the Garden Route a few years ago, via Franschoek rather than Stellenbosch. I'll see if I can recall any "must dos". Great wineries, of course! Chocolate Block I remember

We are about 10km away, I reckon, at Simbambili

A butler, eh.

We had a great drive along the Garden Route a few years ago, via Franschoek rather than Stellenbosch. I'll see if I can recall any "must dos". Great wineries, of course! Chocolate Block I remember

Ah, for wineries I like inland of Adelaide.

Ive just been down Molyvos harbour, Saw the refugees come in on boats. Families..little kids. All go to a camp run with volunteers handing out food and water, some local tavernas offering support, like charging up a phone. They then walk from Molyvos to Mytilene then try to get the paperwork to enable them to go elsewhere across europe. Pretty heartbreaking to see kids with nowt but what they are wearing.

The Yanks that go there are fine, tend to be from the Hamptons rather than the hood.

They aren't like the one's who go to Florida.

They also tend to stick to Palm breach, or the 'high rise' as its known.

We go to Eagle /Manchebo beach, which is in a trip advisor top ten list.  A lot of carribbean stock photos used in Travel brochures are taken there.

This is it on a busy day

eaglebeachsouth.jpg

ISIS must have scared em off in Alcudia then.

Just booked for next July. Flying from Manchester to Venice and staying in Venice for 3 nights. Then train from Venice to Florence and staying in Florence for 3 nights and then train from Florence to Rome and staying in Rome for 3 nights, then catching a flight from Rome to Manchester.

Just booked for next July. Flying from Manchester to Venice and staying in Venice for 3 nights. Then train from Venice to Florence and staying in Florence for 3 nights and then train from Florence to Rome and staying in Rome for 3 nights, then catching a flight from Rome to Manchester.

Sounds good!!! Def wanna do a Italian road or rail trip sooner rather than later.

Did you pass Ronnie's Sex Shop on the R62?

(its actually inland from Outdshoorn)

Edited by Smiley