Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rugby Is Back....

Underpants

• Site Supporter

Becuase there are none, not even the referees know, he only blows his whistle when he thinks the fat lads need a breather but there's going to be a shit load of armchair wankers who think they know abouy it because they played rugger at school once.

Might be something in that; but when it comes to league the 6th tackle rule is something I can't get my head round.

Might be something in that; but when it comes to league the 6th tackle rule is something I can't get my head round.

It's to stop fat lads spending 20 minutes rolling on top of each other in a repeated series of monotonous semi-homoerotic bodily masses, boring the fuck out of everyone. In fairness it does mean Herbert and Hugo don't miss much whilst quaffing champers and wanking each other off with share prices and hedge funds.

6 tackles and either do something positive or you're defending the next 6.

Edited by Smiffs

• Members

Enjoyed the union today, great entertainment. Sorry RL folks but it does not hold a candle to RU at international level.

The bitterness grows year on year. Must have been what being a Citeh fan was like when old red noses DMB's were dominating.

Enjoyed the union today, great entertainment. Sorry RL folks but it does not hold a candle to RU at international level.

I challenge anyone to explain the rules of RU, its just too complicated for the common man. RL for me is a fantastic spectacle and is a far more entertaining game. My grandad played for and went onto to finance Salford RLFC for 25 years until he had to back away for the good of the club. Rugby League first Rugby Union second every time Edited by Salford Trotter

• Site Supporter

The main difference is the tackling

RU lads are halfway to the floor before a tackle has been started

The league lads try to stay on their feet even if they're having their heads ripped off their shoulders.

I like both codes, but league is for harder lads, plain and simple.

I challenge anyone to explain the rules of RU, its just too complicated for the common man. RL for me is a fantastic spectacle and is a far more entertaining game. My grandad played for and went onto to finance Salford RLFC for 25 years until he had to back away for the good of the club. Rugby League first Rugby Union second every time

Would that be JW? If so it's a pity he's not still involved with Salford. I have a lot of respect for him.

Rugby League first Rugby Union second every time

What I never understand is the fact that RL crowds, even the best teams attract about 34 blokes and a dog, RU internationals sell out time and time again.

I watched England RL at West Hams ground a few months ago, it was utter shit with no atmosphere, and even the RL fans I spoke to said it's sad, but it's a sport in it's death throes. There were only about 20K on, in the capital on a Sunday afternoon...now that is shit. Even a "Kabaddi Allcomers" match would get that attendance

What I never understand is the fact that RL crowds, even the best teams attract about 34 blokes and a dog, RU internationals sell out time and time again.

I watched England RL at West Hams ground a few months ago, it was utter shit with no atmosphere, and even the RL fans I spoke to said it's sad, but it's a sport in it's death throes. There were only about 20K on, in the capital on a Sunday afternoon...now that is shit. Even a "Kabaddi Allcomers" match would get that attendance

Why have it in London though if the majority of the fans are from the north? FWIW - I'm not a massive fan of either but they've both got their merits. Is it not possible to enjoy both codes?

• Site Supporter

Why have it in London though if the majority of the fans are from the north? FWIW - I'm not a massive fan of either but they've both got their merits. Is it not possible to enjoy both codes?

It's like asking Bolty and Gonzo to agree on politics.

• Members

Don't strain your brain trying to understand it. Simply accept the facts which are there for all to see,

People vote with their feet and if RL was better than RU the argument would be massively weighted the other way to what it is.

The main difference is the tackling

RU lads are halfway to the floor before a tackle has been started

The league lads try to stay on their feet even if they're having their heads ripped off their shoulders.

I like both codes, but league is for harder lads, plain and simple.

You don't half post some nonsense about rugby mate.

Last year it was the crowd at Twickenham being exclusively Hooray Henrys then this rubbish.

I look forward to 2018's post :-)