Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Forest 4 Wanderers 1

burnden

Do you know that

1 the £1000 fine is levied for dodging fares. I know you had a valid ticket but if it was for a specific train then you have dodged the date for the train you were on

2 all modern trains are fitted with CCTV cameras. The police may or may not bother putting the image through a facial recognition program.

3 those coppers you see at football matches taking video footage aren't just generally taking images of football supporters, they're compiling images for on the date base.

Now think again if tales of your exploits are a good idea.

In Dans defence it's a complete joke you can't swap your ticket if the trains not full just another example of rip of Britain and it's not as though he hadn't bought a ticket.

Why was thorpey arguing and taking pictures of the girl?

I think the mods should pull that post

we,ve all done some daft things in our time, but to then boast or post about them in an online forum is not the brightest idea...nowt to do with me but I would recommend dans post being removed. It doesn't make good reading at all.

• Site Supporter

In Dans defence it's a complete joke you can't swap your ticket if the trains not full just another example of rip of Britain and it's not as though he hadn't bought a ticket.

If you bought a cheap ticket and the train time is specified then you get on that train. Otherwise anyone could buy the cheap option and get on any train they felt like.

• Moderators

we,ve all done some daft things in our time, but to then boast or post about them in an online forum is not the brightest idea...nowt to do with me but I would recommend dans post being removed. It doesn't make good reading at all.

It's really not that bad

Edited by ZicoKelly

If you bought a cheap ticket and the train time is specified then you get on that train. Otherwise anyone could buy the cheap option and get on any train they felt like.

If the trains not anywhere near full common sense should prevail, a small charge for changing your train is justified but a complete new ticket is just a rip off plain and simple.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

Do you know that those coppers you see at football matches taking video footage aren't just generally taking images of football supporters, they're compiling images for on the date base.

It's not a very good one then. I've never had a date out of it.

Looks like Dougie wants Mills on a free at the end of the season according to reports in the papers. Seems funny we haven't offerred him a new contract looks like he's on his way.

How do to know we haven't. Are you his agent?

Maybe it's been mentioned before on this thread but I never understand these warm weather training camps we had during the week. Some may say it recharges the batteries for our regular first teamers but to my mind having a relaxing training session at 20c won't prepare us for a 90 minute match at 5c.

Maybe I'm paranoid but whenever I hear a team has gone for a 'winter break' they don't seem to have the same levels of concentration the next match.

• Site Supporter

Put it this way, and I'm sure the folk who manage kids teams will agree, but when my children were playing football they always did their winter training outside on all weather pitches, be it at Sharples, Turton, Thornleigh, Canon Slade or Heyward schools.

You got to weekend games and you could spot a team that trained inside a mile away. It always worked against them.

• Site Supporter

There's a difference between drinking yourself into oblivion and having a drink at the game with your mates. Both are great fun but with the oblivion one expect to hear one or two tales the next day telling you about stuff off which you have no recollection.

I've been therethere. I don't recall any of the game at Wembley against Tranmere... That's the good thing though.

So putting this Dan thing to bed;

Had ticket, wrong train, asked to pay £59.50 and said 'I'd rather jump out of the train window (jokingly) to the really fit and young ticket inspector.  Had been asked to get off at Leicester and wait 2 hours for the right train rather than stay on an empty train so hid in the toilet.  Just came out 10 mins early before we arrived on London,  That's it.

Photo was taken as the two of them were having a bit of banter.  That's it,

Dan's a good lad who makes the effort to attend all away games and is learning the way of the world in terms of beer, banter, football, beer, banter, home.

To those of you who slag of a fellow Wanderer who shows more dedication to the cause than the vast majority of you, you should be ashamed if you know how events occur on an away day.  If you think you're right to criticise then maybe a BWFC forum is not the place for you.  Political correctness and football banter do not mix.