Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton 1 Norwich 2

gonzo

They looked it at first but our lads should get some credit for giving them a much harder game than they seemed to expect. Compliment to young Walker that they took Whittaker (who'd like to think he's a Prem standard full back) off second half

They took Whittaker off because they were trying to get 11 centre forwards on the pitch.

Walker gives the ball away far too much, but he can learn.

Eidur was never in the game.

Bannan was the best of our lot and would be a great signing for us. Thought a draw would have been a fair result today.

Plenty of players blowing out of their arses today, including Feeney and Dervite who are getting on my tits the most, disappointing really as both have impressed me earlier in the season.

Did I hear that right NL saying that's the reason we bought him ( Alf ) slip of the tongue me thinks not.

Did I hear that right NL saying that's the reason we bought him ( Alf ) slip of the tongue me thinks not.

Alf did get a bit giddy when he scored with a fair bit of badge kissing so you never know.

A few things

It did indeed stink of manure today

Jerome isn't the first at the Mac/Bok with the money gesture; Lampard dos it whilst playing for Chelsea

Lots of praise for Vela and Bannon on here yet I felt Norwich controlled midfield.

I thought ALF worked his socks off and had to deal with far too many balls lumped at him

Walker has potential if he learns

Heskey did a lot more for us than Eidur

Feeney still can't cross it

I really hope Lenny gets a team and system that he likes over the Summer, because even with the injuries as posted by ex mids earlier, he seems to have picked up Dougie's bingo machine. Stop tinkering!!

Norwich can fuck off. A lot of diving and little niggles; we've had this a lot and I believe we are a bit naive still in this division. Hope they stay down now. Twats

And the ref was a cunt

Edited by jules_darby

A few things

It did indeed stink of manure today

Jerome isn't the first at the Mac/Bok with the money gesture; Lampard dos it whilst playing for Chelsea

Lots of praise for Vela and Bannon on here yet I felt Norwich controlled midfield.

I thought ALF worked his socks off and had to deal with far too many balls lumped at him

Walker has potential if he learns

Heskey did a lot more for us than Eidur

Feeney still can't cross it

I really hope Lenny gets a team and system that he likes over the Summer, because even with the injuries as posted by ex mids earlier, he seems to have picked up Dougie's bingo machine. Stop tinkering!!

Norwich can fuck off. A lot of diving and little niggles; we've had this a lot and I believe we are a bit naive still in this division. Hope they stay down now. Twats

And the ref was a cunt

Not sure NL tinkering that much recently and cannot see what else he could have done today other than start with Danns. Was the manure smell to make the carrot crunchers feel at home. Edited by Mounts Kipper

Mills was injured, as was C Davies so not many unforced changes really.

Feeney is just not a wing back though, and wasn't helped by Dervite's lack of pace as the nearest of the back three. They homed in on that and filled their boots quick-style.

A sports psychologist ought to be Lenny's next signing, to see if he can get to the bottom of the late goals issue and work on some strategies to eradicate it. The galling aspect is that we're not letting them in as a result of dropping deep into our own half, inviting pressure and lumping it anywhere, people are just switching off at throw ins, corners and punts down the field.

Fine the full team every time there is a late goal (90+ mins) it will stop happening.

Nah. They aren't doing it on purpose. Better players with better fitness and concentration levels will sort it. The current group aren't good enough in many aspects.

• Site Supporter

I'm pretty sure a couple of posters on here defended Moxey when I had a pop a while back and said Lennon didn't rate him. Maybe I should name & shame them?

Oh for the record, a few Moxey fans from post 84 on this thread.

http://www.wanderersways.com/forum/topic/84509-forest-4-wanderers-1/page-4

The point of a forum like this is we don't all see the same things the same way otherwise the thread starts with,

I thought moxey was shit!

and then every other response would be

I agree

So do I.

Is make for piss poor reading. So name and shame who you want, it's about opinions and your is no better than anyone else's.

The point of a forum like this is we don't all see the same things the same way otherwise the thread starts with,

I agree

So do I.

Is make for piss poor reading. So name and shame who you want, it's about opinions and your is no better than anyone else's.

Totally agree, Micky

I think we'll see a lot of tinkering the rest of the season as players are given a chance to stake a claim for next season. Possibly why Moxey played rather than McCarthy.

Let's just hope that's the only reason for the tinkering and it's not just "Lenny's way"

We won't really know until next season

• Moderators

I agree

So do I.

I fucking love it when people think they can see something no one else can, the manager included. Lennon needs to... Etc.

Imo, you don't get to be a professional footballer with hundreds of games under your belt if you are "shit".