Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Speed Awareness

barryk32

£95??

Fuck me, they're not shy of pumping up the cost of that! Sure it was nearer £75 when I did my last a couple of years ago. Is it the one near Preston?

£95 in Lancashire, £75 in certain other counties. Fucking rip off, but better than £100 and 3 points.

£95 in Lancashire, £75 in certain other counties. Fucking rip off, but better than £100 and 3 points.

Is the cost of insurance still affected?

Is the cost of insurance still affected?

Generally no, most I know of only ask for convictions but I'm sure I saw one of the price comparison sites ask about speed awareness recently so some insurers might now be asking.

As far as I'm aware, it only affects your insurance if you take the points.

In fact, a mate of mine did a speed awareness course the other week, and they told him exactly that. In the long term, it would cost you a few hundred quid over the next 5 years due to having points on your license.

Edited by Redmond

As you come off the 60, onto the 61, just as you floor it, there's an average speed camera right next to the 70 sign. Fucking cash cow.

Doesn't matter if that's where you floor it. It's measuring your time and hence speed since the previous camera. As you exit the 50mph zone seems an obvious place to position it?

• Site Supporter

Doesn't matter if that's where you floor it. It's measuring your time and hence speed since the previous camera. As you exit the 50mph zone seems an obvious place to position it?

The ONLY place to put it to get an average for the whole of your journey.

Generally no, most I know of only ask for convictions but I'm sure I saw one of the price comparison sites ask about speed awareness recently so some insurers might now be asking.

I went to one at Leyland about 2-3 years ago. The instructors made a point that you were under no obligation to divulge you had been on one and they would not divulge that you had.

Of course some cunt who has access will probably sell the governments records to them.

Edited by bgoefc

I went to one at Leyland about 2-3 years ago. The instructors made a point that you were under no obligation to divulge you had been on one and they would not divulge that you had.

Of course some cunt who has access will probably sell the governments records to them.

Yep. And if they ask, as it seems at least one company is, and you don't disclose, no doubt they will find out should you ever claim.

Absolute bastards are insurance companies. Won't be long mind before we all have to drive with a black box measuring our speed and braking anyway, as a condition for insurance.

Yep. And if they ask, as it seems at least one company is, and you don't disclose, no doubt they will find out should you ever claim.

Absolute bastards are insurance companies. Won't be long mind before we all have to drive with a black box measuring our speed and braking anyway, as a condition for insurance.

Bastard insurance companies asking for facts.

Bastard insurance companies saying that black boxes that can prove a small bump probably did not cause whiplash will reduce fraud.

Nicked for 53 in a 50 zone here.

I would say twats, but the fine is £15. Hardly seems worth it.

Bit harsh all the same

Any points?

Bastard insurance companies saying that black boxes that can prove a small bump probably did not cause whiplash will reduce fraud.

How far do you take it? Surely a no claims record and the usual, age and address is fair enough for an insurer to judge risk? They might want more and more facts in this information age, doesn't mean that is right or that we should be happy about it!

Doubt that the black box will do that. If lawyers find it so easy to discredit DNA evidence then relating the speed of a car to prove that it did not cause the injury occurring in the car in front will be impossible.

Doubt that the black box will do that. If lawyers find it so easy to discredit DNA evidence then relating the speed of a car to prove that it did not cause the injury occurring in the car in front will be impossible.

If the box gives you the power of the impact and legislation is passed to clear up the definition of whiplash it will be possible.

Black boxes aren't a bad thing all the time. They can call emergency services when in a high impact collision and a very high percentage of vehicles stolen with them in are recovered in next to no time.

everyone on here would go mad if speed killed their loved one. so why are the boxes designed to monitor driving a bad thing. it will surely make people drive more sensibly. i have been known to use overdrive on the motorway and push it to 72mph i woudl not do this is if it was being monitored.

will the police be able to prosecute if you are found to be in excess?