Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Change Of Owner?

onlyoneawalker

I'm glad somebody gets it.

Can't see the judge being lenient Monday. Even he's drawn a line in the sand.

Time to pay up ED, SS, whoever....

If we are liquidated Burnley fall out of top two places, and Birmingham are three points outside playoffs instead of one.

Worth their while to chip in?

Guest GudniB

At last a voice of reason.  The judge at the last hearing pretty much said this.  The stay of execution was based on there being a takeover bid having just been accepted.  The judge also said the takeover bid HAD to pay the HMRC debt

HMRC are not interested in a 10p in the £1 deal.  Its the full lot of liquidation.  Yes Liquidation puts them behind other creditors (Davies), so they will not get anywhere near what they are owed but they have been after a football club for a while and the publicity alone will make up for it

They won't get anything though, will they? Are you saying that, if push comes to shove, they would rather take the club down and get nothing than agree a compromise? You might be right that its too late for any of that (or that it was never on the cards anyway) but HMRC doesn't seem too abashed about agreeing peanut deals with multi-nationals.

They won't get anything though, will they? Are you saying that, if push comes to shove, they would rather take the club down and get nothing than agree a compromise? You might be right that its too late for any of that (or that it was never on the cards anyway) but HMRC doesn't seem too abashed about agreeing peanut deals with multi-nationals.

I've said before that HMRC may be prepared to put a club like BWFC out of business to instil a sense of responsibility into dozens of other clubs who are playing ducks and drakes with their tax bills. We know that both Ipswich and Bury were listed for Court action, so they were both paying at the last minute for that to arise.

• Site Supporter

I know it's very complicated, but surely there must be a wealthy benefactor who'd pay the tax bill as a one off. Even if it was paid back at a later date when the club could afford it. Not necessarily someone who wants to own the club, but someone who wants to see it continue.

I'll get a euro ticket tonight.

I know it's very complicated, but surely there must be a wealthy benefactor who'd pay the tax bill as a one off. Even if it was paid back at a later date when the club could afford it. Not necessarily someone who wants to own the club, but someone who wants to see it continue.

I'll get a euro ticket tonight.

Would you pay someone else's tax bill?

• Site Supporter

its only a loan, and if a management forecast showed a decent with minimal risk, then why not.

thing is, football clubs are money pits, so know matter how good your business sense, if some cunt cant put the ball in the net, youre fucked

Like I said I'll get a ticket.

If I could afford it then yes. A wealthy benefactor!

Plenty of people have done things for clubs through out the years.

Maybe. But we've raised the money to pay it and haven't. And our owner could pay it anyday he chose to. Not sure I would it under those circumstances even if I had a spare few million.

• Site Supporter

Like I said I'll get a ticket.

If I could afford it then yes. A wealthy benefactor!

Plenty of people have done things for clubs through out the years.

If only we'd had a wealthy benefactor for the last 10/15 years.

We might have even ended up in Europe.

If only we'd had a wealthy benefactor for the last 10/15 years.

We might have even ended up in Europe.

It's not where you've been, it's where you're at!

It's not the club's, the fan's nor the town's fault that our 'wealthy benefactor!' couldn't keep control of his business interest. It's not exactly like he's moving out of his tax haven or holiday retreat & asking the council for housing, is it?

Stupid contracts, mortgaging of assets, 'player success fees', interest, accrued interest, financial arrangement 'fees', ...... It's all smoke & mirrors, gambled & lost, but not him himself!

It really is becoming indefensible, yet there's those that keep trying!

It beggars belief!

• Site Supporter

It's not where you've been, it's where you're at!

It's not the club's, the fan's nor the town's fault that our 'wealthy benefactor!' couldn't keep control of his business interest. It's not exactly like he's moving out of his tax haven or holiday retreat & asking the council for housing, is it?

Stupid contracts, mortgaging of assets, 'player success fees', interest, accrued interest, financial arrangement 'fees', ...... It's all smoke & mirrors, gambled & lost, but not him himself!

It really is becoming indefensible, yet there's those that keep trying!

It beggars belief!

"Gambled"

And there's the rub

If Coyle had been the manager he showed the promise to be, we might have stayed up and none of this would be an issue in all likelihood.

It beggars belief that people are showing not only fuck all gratitude but are now accusing him of purposefully trying to break the club.

"Gambled"

Your word.

• Members

Not really bothered about Ed and whether he could or should. It's about doing the best thing for the club.

If I could I would.

And I think plenty of others would too.

Would you want a Suite naming after you and a box for life?  :shiftyninja:

"Gambled"

And there's the rub

If Coyle had been the manager he showed the promise to be, we might have stayed up and none of this would be an issue in all likelihood.

It beggars belief that people are showing not only fuck all gratitude but are now accusing him of purposefully trying to break the club.

"Gambled"

Your word.

There's gambling & then there's stupidity of chasing your losses by continuing to gamble.

It was his business, his money & therefore he should have kept a tighter rein on it , he didn't & we're now in this position of nearly going bang.

Yet he's still trying to get more money out of it & putting us further in risk of going bang. If he wants to cut his losses & run, then that's exactly what he should do. Not put more hurdles in the way.

No-one knows what his losses truly are , though it's sure as eggs are eggs, it's not 173M.

Maybe it's time for him to say his peace.

• Site Supporter

There's gambling & then there's stupidity of chasing your losses by continuing to gamble.

It was his business, his money & therefore he should have kept a tighter rein on it , he didn't & we're now in this position of nearly going bang.

Yet he's still trying to get more money out of it & putting us further in risk of going bang. If he wants to cut his losses & run, then that's exactly what he should do. Not put more hurdles in the way.

No-one knows what his losses truly are , though it's sure as eggs are eggs, it's not 173M.

Maybe it's time for him to say his peace.

"His money"

Again, I'm not saying he's free from blame, but as Bolton and Stoke walked out of the tunnel for the Semi Final that day, no one was complaining.

I just think it's all too convenient to blame a bloke who has squandered a fortune and now looks a cunt for trying to salvage something.

Maybe he only ever wanted to invest £50mill but the spiral got worse and he had to stop somewhere?

And, now get this, maybe he wanted us to stay in the PL.