Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Old Skool Matchday In Bolton

Mounts Kipper

Seems every one had a great day round Preston could we not recreate that pre and after match in Bolton town centre for at least one game a season, a few thousand in town would be great to see, could this ever happen again in my lifetime? love to see town vibrant like the old days at Burnden.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter

The whole thing yesterday and for the whole of our time at Burnden was the less-than-a-mile walk from town centre to ground.

For that reason alone I'd say it was a great thought but very unlikely.

Edited by MickyD

Seems every one had a great day round Preston could we not recreate that pre and after match in Bolton town centre for at least one game a season, a few thousand in town would be great to see, could this ever happen again in my lifetime? love to see town vibrant like the old days at Burnden.

Great shout - pick a fixture

It does happen every now and again, but on a smaller scale. I did catch the train too and from the stadium. And more often than not I would have a few in town before I went too and again when coming home. Always seem to bump into folk I knew on the train coming home. The trains have been fucked up for over a year now so that hasn't happened. Now that they are back on I can see my drinking habit being extended by a hour or two. But all this did depend on an Wanderers win. So maybe I wont be doing it that often.

Edited by Underpants

good call

if we get a sky match with a late KO Fri/Sat night

proper full day on it :drinks:

Back in the prem days we used to be in spoons for brekkie at 10am most home games and I'd get last train back to manc afterwards.

I'd sooner fucking die than do that these days but I'd be up for a one time piss up.

Mad Saturday, 20th December, Fulham at home. Plenty of time to plan (get a pass).

PNE have chosen Bolton away as their "Gentry Day".

Everyone dresses up like a country gent I believe, they do it every year for a nominated away fixture.

Pretty sure they did it in the game at Burnden when we went up (and maybe they went down?)

They all had flat caps on anyhow