Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Where Do You See Us This Time Next Year?

DomRepWanderer

Looks like we're going down same route as Blackpool from what I can see. I can see us with a squad of 7-8 players a week before season starts. Hope I'm wrong, hoping high earners get released and we bring in players on the right money who are young and hungry and have decent level of talent.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Members

Reading the bn this morning we will have no team next season, 15 players out of contract. Need to get the young players signed up asap.

Definitely going down unfortunately need to plan for league one.

Full list of players who will be out of contract this summer: Liam Feeney, Rob Hall, Paul Rachubka, Neil Danns, Emile Heskey, Stephen Dobbie, Kaiyne Woolery, David Wheater, Tom Eaves, Hayden White, Ross Fitzsimons, Jordan Lussey, Jon Ceberio, Tom Walker, Rob Holding, Yvan Wassi, Channing Campbell-Young, Niall Maher, Harry Campbell, Oscar Threlkeld, Quade Taylor, Alex Finney.

ON LOAN: Wellington Silva (Arsenal)

NEXT SUMMER (2017): Dean Moxey, Dorian Dervite, Josh Vela, Jay Spearing, Max Clayton, Gary Madine, Mark Davies, Liam Trotter, Francesco Pisano, Lawrie Wilson, Filip Twardzik, Will Jaaskelainen.

SUMMER 2018: Derik Osede, Darren Pratley, Conor Wilkinson.

SUMMER 2019: Ben Amos, Zach Clough

Assuming League 1:

I'd like to see us keep Amos, Holding, Derik, Vela, Trotter, Feeney, Madine, Clough, Walker, Woolery and Wilson.

Wages mean that Spearing, Davies, Wheater, Pratley, Dervite and Moxey have to go.

Dobbie, Hall, White, Heskey likely to be released.

When we do get relegated, the players who aren't out of contract and they're on big money like Spearing, Mavies etc, I'd imagine  we might have to try and loan them out and just hope the other clubs pay the full whack of their wages. 

Why wouldnt they sign them permanently if they are willing to full wages? Even if it'd mean we let them go for free..

Hailing our new nut job owner tamaraz master stroke of appointing paulo di canio as manager and inspiring a first team with at least 6 youth products flying high in league 1 - still having loads of fans moaning who don't go saying we should have let the supporters trust buy the club

Edited by onlyoneawalker