Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Tv Shows

L/H White

Pyle aka Vincent D'Onofrio (61) and Greta Scaachi (61) are the Father and Mother-in-law of Sean Penn (61) who is married to their daughter, Leila George D'Onofrio (28)...

The durty fecker.

Beast Penn was Leila's age when he and Madonna divorced...

THIRTY THREE years ago.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

• Members
7 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Pyle aka Vincent D'Onofrio (61) and Greta Scaachi (61) are the Father and Mother-in-law of Sean Penn (61) who is married to their daughter, Leila George D'Onofrio (28)...

The durty fecker.

Beast Penn was Leila's age when he and Madonna divorced...

THIRTY THREE years ago.

Sean Penn is a grass 

I can only remember him in Reservoir Dogs and True Romance, but he made crude bawdy references to prison rape in both, which is a sex crime...

I've been staying up late/getting up early, and watched the odd 'Lovejoy' - two things have struck me about this time period.

A. To pull a young girl all a middle-aged man has to do is don stonewash jeans, cuban heel boots and a black blouson leather jacket.

And

B. Knocking about with an ageing beret clad alcoholic paedophile - nickname 'Tinker', is perfectly acceptable if the nonce is knowledgeable in the field of antiques.

How times change.

They also repeat 'Cheers' of a morning, how Sam Malone has not been heavily implicated in the #MeToo movement is a mystery. He commits 'rape by deception' almost every day...

And he serially sexually harasses certain female workmates.

On 16/09/2021 at 21:18, Not in Crawley said:

It gets pretty tough as a watch. Really excellent though.

Fuck. That was a hard watch. Spent the day with the youngest today up on the Fylde. First time for a while as she isn’t in a good place. I’d missed this and she told me to watch it to see what I thought

She was living here and working in Manc when her grandad (ex-FiL) was moved into a dementia home. Packed in her job and moved back to live with her mother and spent her time caring for him. He died one day right in front of her. That was the start of her problems. Fair play to her, she ditched the fact that she had a 1st Class Honours Degree and trained fo work in a home like portrayed in Help! But for high functioning autistic folk rather than dementia patients. Worked days/nights with all those problems. Told me to watch it and at the end to think that it was bollocks. Working in social care was nowt like that when Covid hit.  It was 10 times worse. Jodie Comer’s character had it “easy” on the night shift. One carer in a home with one patient in distress. Utter bollocks. It was way worse. She’s still off work on the sick but hoping to get back soon to help her clients

Long post sorry. The programme was quite good but like she said barely scratched the surface of reality

• Members
8 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Fuck. That was a hard watch. Spent the day with the youngest today up on the Fylde. First time for a while as she isn’t in a good place. I’d missed this and she told me to watch it to see what I thought

She was living here and working in Manc when her grandad (ex-FiL) was moved into a dementia home. Packed in her job and moved back to live with her mother and spent her time caring for him. He died one day right in front of her. That was the start of her problems. Fair play to her, she ditched the fact that she had a 1st Class Honours Degree and trained fo work in a home like portrayed in Help! But for high functioning autistic folk rather than dementia patients. Worked days/nights with all those problems. Told me to watch it and at the end to think that it was bollocks. Working in social care was nowt like that when Covid hit.  It was 10 times worse. Jodie Comer’s character had it “easy” on the night shift. One carer in a home with one patient in distress. Utter bollocks. It was way worse. She’s still off work on the sick but hoping to get back soon to help her clients

Long post sorry. The programme was quite good but like she said barely scratched the surface of reality

The TV show barely touched the surface. Healthcare is the hardest yet mostly rewarding profession I've ever been in. Not in it for the money (cos that's shit) we go into it because we care. Even thought I joke I've got a swinging brick I have lost count the amount of times I've sobbed from either a shitty situation or losing a patient. It's fucking heartbreaking. 

• Moderators
On 18/09/2021 at 09:10, Youri McAnespie said:

The durty fecker.

That's the 3rd time in a month you've mentioned this 

Is there something else on your mind here?

1 hour ago, Zico said:

That's the 3rd time in a month you've mentioned this 

Is there something else on your mind here?

Hmm.

Before COVID a girl at work, not out of the blue, we'd working together a month, asked me for my mobile number with a view to going 'for a drink' or 'to a club' - the second suggestion threw me, made me wonder if she'd underestimated my age...

I knew her quite well at this point to ask her in a tongie in cheek way how old her dad was (52) to which I replied I was closer in age to him than her (that reads twattish and egotistical but it wasn't)...

Then you get your likes of Penn or 'Sir' Clive Sinclair (see Deathpool thread) pouncing unashamedly upon girls easily young enough to be their daughters.

I suppose in a longwinded way I'm saying I wish I had less scruples and sense of chivalry, then I could be a soul vampire like Penn or the late Sinclair or J Howard Marshall II.

Edit: Sinclair's Wife (below) he married her at 70...

article-0-09E4CE55000005DC-702_468x351.j

Edited by Youri McAnespie

38 minutes ago, Traf said:

If it goes off, I hope he gets a kicking.

25 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Hopefully they use him for target practice 

Ouch. Never thought bad of him before and he’s alright on that programme. What’s he done that I’ve missed? Other than being a catholic and shagging Cat Deeley?

• Members
Just now, MancWanderer said:

Ouch. Never thought bad of him before and he’s alright on that programme. What’s he done that I’ve missed? Other than being a catholic and shagging Cat Deeley?

“Comedian” I’ve heard funnier cancer diagnosis 

9 minutes ago, bolton_blondie said:

Really not got into this vigil on BBC. Are submarines that big aswell? 

Enjoying it. Bit of a slow burner. Mate of mine from school got the captaincy of a sub out of Faslane so bit of extra interest from his tales for me. Can see why folk might not like it though tbh

2 minutes ago, Traf said:

He's a smarmy cunt who supports United

2 minutes ago, Rudy said:

“Comedian” I’ve heard funnier cancer diagnosis 

Ah right. Cancel my recommendation. The programme was fucking dreadful. Throw him in the volcano the smarmy, catholic, unfunny, Man U supporting cunt. Deserves to burn in hell 👍