Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Tv Shows

L/H White

S4 of True Detective started off very well but has quickly become tedious.  I'm on the penultimate episode but turned it off halfway through last night because I was bored.  Is it worth another 90 mins of my life to finish it off?

Whilst I'm at it, Masters of the Air has become a bit samey.  The combat scenes in the air are brilliant, but each episode feels too much like the last.  I'm struggling to give a fuck about the characters ... unlike Band of Brothers and The Pacific.  I'll see it through though.

• Site Supporter
8 hours ago, DazBob said:

S4 of True Detective started off very well but has quickly become tedious.  I'm on the penultimate episode but turned it off halfway through last night because I was bored.  Is it worth another 90 mins of my life to finish it off?

Whilst I'm at it, Masters of the Air has become a bit samey.  The combat scenes in the air are brilliant, but each episode feels too much like the last.  I'm struggling to give a fuck about the characters ... unlike Band of Brothers and The Pacific.  I'll see it through though.

S4 True Detective is awful, awful awful

• Moderators
11 hours ago, DazBob said:

Binned S2 off early doors but if I got 1.5 episodes from the end I'd have to stick with it 

That said I gave up on apocalypse now with 20 mins left never to return to it

2 hours ago, Zico said:

Binned S2 off early doors but if I got 1.5 episodes from the end I'd have to stick with it 

That said I gave up on apocalypse now with 20 mins left never to return to it

Ploughed through the first 6 of S1. Will see how it ends before I decide on S2. Fuck me it’s hard work

Ha. Apocalypse Now. First time I watched it I gave up not far from the end. Watched Platoon, Hamburger Hill, Full Metal Jacket so went back to Apocalypse Now and prob watched it more than the others now. By far my favourite of them all

• Members
14 hours ago, DazBob said:

No don't bother. Get back to Teletubbies.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, little whitt said:

True Detective's 

1 2 3 are all 8 Episodes long 

bit drawen out 

would have been better 4/5 Each 

So just watch the even numbered episodes.

Or the odd.

Navalny is a good 90 minutes watch. (No spoilers!)

(was on BBC - Storyville).

I’m 1 and a half episodes into Alex Honnold’s Arctic Ascent – attempting some 4,000ft wall in Greenland. That bloke is beyond human. Scenery looks incredible.

• Site Supporter
On 25/02/2024 at 11:45, bolty58 said:

Two episodes into Constellation for those who like a bit of sci-fi.

Intriguing so far.

Good call, watched them on your recommendation last night and thought they were excellent

38 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Going to start that tomorrow I reckon.

Just finished ploughing through the original 8 series of Dexter and not sure I'm going to bother with the New Blood thing. Thought it was really good in parts but really shit in others and faded badly.

You ned to do the New Blood one 

• Site Supporter
40 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Going to start that tomorrow I reckon.

Just finished ploughing through the original 8 series of Dexter and not sure I'm going to bother with the New Blood thing. Thought it was really good in parts but really shit in others and faded badly.

Done 3 episodes of Constellation and so far it’s absolutely brilliant