Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

7 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Seriously? He reached double figures in his last two seasons here. We have no money and a group of kids not one of whom is an actual striker. If by some miracle Madine was available we’d be mental not to take him. Literally mental. 

I can’t imagine we will have the opportunity regardless but in our position we take what we can. And if that is of his quality then I’d be delighted. 

He will never reach double figures again unless he plays for PP

He is a massive fucking fanny but we are at the arse end of the window. Think it’s bums on seats. 

BTW I know who fanny5 is now. He’s that bloke with a neck collar on pointing his head up 45 degrees. He can’t see the ball when it’s on the ground.

It’s why he wanks over managers who favour hoof ball. 

17 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Seriously? He reached double figures in his last two seasons here. We have no money and a group of kids not one of whom is an actual striker. If by some miracle Madine was available we’d be mental not to take him. Literally mental. 

I can’t imagine we will have the opportunity regardless but in our position we take what we can. And if that is of his quality then I’d be delighted. 

Yes seriously. He is also the last sort i would want around young players. He wouldnt look after them or set a goid example hes a bully end of. You keep using word 'quality' that wird and Madine dont belong in same sentence. Tell you what lets bring Parky back shall we? I think youd like that.

Anyway not happening- Madine i mean !

10 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

He called Lennon a cunt, but he did knuckle down and apart from a picture where hes feeling up a couple of birds from his Sheff Wednesday days, he was no problem at all. 

That what I was meaning, he was a complete bellend when he was with us, but everything I heard when he was at you indicated he had for the most part sorted himself out a fair bit.

3 minutes ago, snowball said:

Yes seriously. He is also the last sort i would want around young players. He wouldnt look after them or set a goid example hes a bully end of. You keep using word 'quality' that wird and Madine dont belong in same sentence. Tell you what lets bring Parky back shall we? I think youd like that.

Anyway not happening- Madine i mean !

Thank god, I think people forget how shit he was apart from like a 3 month stint. 

Have also wasted my time looking up his goals for us after fan5 made him sound like Ronaldo! From what i can see 24 in 98 games? Fouble figures twice? Limped to 10ish league goals in a season with us was it? With the whole style of play geared to one individual? Ok so it worked for a very short period but who seriously wants to see that again? We made our money on him and id be glad to forget him now forever.

49 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Madine is far better than either of those. It worries me what people watch. Way out our price range but if by a miracle he could come back we’d snatch their hands off for a player of that quality. 

Its all just opinions and personal preference, but mine is that Madine will do the holding the ball up stuff with his chest and will win us headers and free kicks, which we're missing at the moment obviously.   He'll also demand to take free kicks and penalties to boost his goal total, but in goalscoring terms from open play he's 1 of our all time worst for me and I'm desperate to go to games thinking we've got someone who can find space in the box and knows where the back of the net is, like ALF.

19 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

He called Lennon a cunt, but he did knuckle down and apart from a picture where hes feeling up a couple of birds from his Sheff Wednesday days, he was no problem at all. 

Was he not posting pictures from Ibiza while we was in a relegation dog fight? 

• Members
18 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Didn’t he call him a Scottish cunt as well?

5 minutes ago, snowball said:

Have also wasted my time looking up his goals for us after fan5 made him sound like Ronaldo! From what i can see 24 in 98 games? Fouble figures twice? Limped to 10ish league goals in a season with us was it? With the whole style of play geared to one individual? Ok so it worked for a very short period but who seriously wants to see that again? We made our money on him and id be glad to forget him now forever.

I'm not desperate for him to re-sign, but he'd scored ten by the time we sold him at the end of the January transfer window. That's hardly limping.

36 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

Madine is a cunt, although, I thought his attitude had somewhat improved, but, he is a proven league one goalscorer.

A proven goalscorer compared to who?  Scored 74 in 345 games.  24 in 96 for us.  8 in 31 in the year prior to joining us.  He's a 1 in 4 striker at best, even with pens thrown in.  Josh Morris at Fleetwood got 35 in 107 for Scunthorpe and he's not even a striker.  Maddison at Posh, 46 in 196, not even a striker.  Madine can do a job but goalscoring isn't his thing.

4 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

A proven goalscorer compared to who?  Scored 74 in 345 games.  24 in 96 for us.  8 in 31 in the year prior to joining us.  He's a 1 in 4 striker at best, even with pens thrown in.  Josh Morris at Fleetwood got 35 in 107 for Scunthorpe and he's not even a striker.  Maddison at Posh, 46 in 196, not even a striker.  Madine can do a job but goalscoring isn't his thing.

Yeah but how many of them were in league 1? 50, and alot of his appearances were off the bench . Hes a prick, or was, but he's a decent league 1 striker. You gonna get anyone better right now?

10 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

Yeah but how many of them were in league 1? 50, and alot of his appearances were off the bench . Hes a prick, or was, but he's a decent league 1 striker. You gonna get anyone better right now?

I do expect us to get a better goalscorer in yes, but we'll see what this week brings.