Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

11 hours ago, Wanderlust said:

Small club like Wolves?

Get real. They've had top dollar for years that we haven't and average over 30k attendance. And they have a better record than us historically.

Since our demise there's a new reality and the sooner Wanderers fans accept it, the sooner they'll realise the difficulty of the task in hand.

No club has a divine right to sit at the top table. Even us. We have to work for it but we seem to be on the right path and we need to be grateful for that.

But all this Billy Big Bollocks crowing will get us nowhere. Tell me about it when we finally get somewhere.

As W.Cramp kindly said, I meant compared to big established Prem teams.  Wolves are a big club compared to us and most of the 92, but over the last few decades they are far from being an established Prem club who would normally gamble £1mil on a young unknown (when they signed Matheson they were only in the 2nd season back in Prem).

Not sure who's doing the Billy Big Bollocks crowing, that's a totally different topic and not one I've ever entered into, I'm still buzzing if we beat Fleetwood or Cambridge in L1!

1 hour ago, Johnnyrotten said:

As W.Cramp kindly said, I meant compared to big established Prem teams.  Wolves are a big club compared to us and most of the 92, but over the last few decades they are far from being an established Prem club who would normally gamble £1mil on a young unknown (when they signed Matheson they were only in the 2nd season back in Prem).

Not sure who's doing the Billy Big Bollocks crowing, that's a totally different topic and not one I've ever entered into, I'm still buzzing if we beat Fleetwood or Cambridge in L1!

Fair enough amigo. I just wish some of our fans would be a bit more realistic about where we're at and I'm not exactly overjoyed about slagging off other teams (even though I dislike a few)- the only thing that does any good or means anything is winning against them :)

And I hope we do plenty of that this season.

After the chat about us having a decent budget, the collapse of the initial deals and Evatt's recent statements, I just hope that whoever comes through the door won't be stigmatised by being considered "underwhelming". Expectations are really high at the moment and I for one am struggling to keep a lid on it.

Not sure what to make of this signing. Don't WBA rate him? I presume we've done our scouting and seen that he made an impression at Burton. 

If he's intended to fill the gap created by GJ then he primarily needs to be competent in central defence. 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, paulhanley said:

Not sure what to make of this signing. Don't WBA rate him? I presume we've done our scouting and seen that he made an impression at Burton. 

If he's intended to fill the gap created by GJ then he primarily needs to be competent in central defence. 

Maybe John is going too?