Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

6 minutes ago, Werder barmen said:

There window is still open till midnight does that leave it open for him to sign for other clubs before jan? 

If I,m right then as long as his contract was terminated before deadline then he is now a free agent and able to sign for any club

• Site Supporter

How many spaces have we got left? 2 or 3 I think. If we are going to fill them, a quick striker would be good - not sure if this chap is quick? If he is, he’ll do.

O’Neill wouldn’t be a bad one to have around. Jack Rodwell supposedly did pretty well at Rovers too so maybe he’d be good if he’ll play for buttons

10 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

How many spaces have we got left? 2 or 3 I think. If we are going to fill them, a quick striker would be good - not sure if this chap is quick? If he is, he’ll do.

O’Neill wouldn’t be a bad one to have around. Jack Rodwell supposedly did pretty well at Rovers too so maybe he’d be good if he’ll play for buttons

He’s quick. 

23 minutes ago, Breightmet Boy said:

Jodo was a man who thought he was a Ranger, now he is a Wanderers man,

Jodo came on down to the Unibol of Bolton, to raise his game the best he can

Get back, get back, get us back to where we once belonged

get us back Jodo

Any song with UniBol in it should never see the light of day !

I think DoDoo was just using us to put his name about ahead of being released. Not sure we need another striker - Hill likes to play 4-3-3 so only one of O Grady and Murphy likely to start. Unless DoDoo is one who would play wider...still think he is unlikely. 

15 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

I think DoDoo was just using us to put his name about ahead of being released. Not sure we need another striker - Hill likes to play 4-3-3 so only one of O Grady and Murphy likely to start. Unless DoDoo is one who would play wider...still think he is unlikely. 

Maybe. Think he could play as one of the wider front players, though, and Flitcroft had him on loan when he was Bury manager so there’s a back story for them as like that sort of thing. 

Having the option of some genuine pace up front would be a real bonus for us as teams would be less inclined to compress play in our half and less inclined to press forward in numbers for fear of leaving space behind. Problem is genuinely pacy forwards who can finish like Vardy cost an absolute fortune, so there's mileage in trying to convert a winger to play up the middle or at 10. Over the last few years we've really been under the cosh defensively and it's been like the Alamo at times with a compressed game and the ball coming back again and again so anything that would make them think twice about pressing us too high in numbers would be a great option IMO. Whether we can afford to go down that route or even whether Hill would want it is another story, but we'll see.

Not sure that Dodoo is the answer though as he's shit and can't finish.

Edited by Hoppy510

Just now, Tommy Banks said:

Amazing how things change. Last week fans from other clubs wishing us well. Now lots of criticism due to the raft of signings 

Good.

All the faux sympathy was beginning to make me puke.

We're clearly doing something right if we've got them all boiling piss again.