Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Decent Podcasts

MancWanderer

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Cheese said:

Alastair Campbell and Rory Stewart's (fairly) new podcast "The Rest is Politics" is very good if you're into that sort of thing.

Its great, love it, one of the best podcasts this year, really insightful from people who have been there and done the job and the fact they don't always agree adds to it.

Big fan of a Short History of... lovely bitesize backgrounds to huge historical events told very well.

Tried Battlegrounds about the Falklands but left me a bit cold

Revolver's Fan First promised a lot if you like rock and metal as they have some great guests but the interviewer is painful. Couldn't even get through the Al Jorgensen interview

When Saturday Comes is great - especially if you like non-league and lower league football

The Guardian's Long Read are good if you got a drive to do  - I recomed the one on how South London became a factory for Black Bristish Footballers

On 12/04/2022 at 15:19, Marc505 said:

The last 10 minutes of this, highlighting the latest Keys & Gray chat is superb. Keys is basically a hairy Alan Partridge 🤣

If you haven't listen to the one where they discuss Kevin Keegan's biog at a Meat Industry after dinner speaking event - then treat yourselves - better than any written comedy;

Tell us about your favourite cut of meat.

barbecue.jpg

I’m a steak man and I like to barbecue. If anyone has supported the meat industry this year, it’s been my family. With the good weather, we had a run of about five barbecues in six days. We have a good local butcher, so we support him and get meat cut for the barbecue. I would say that steak is my favourite, but I like a lamb chop and a sausage on the barbecue.

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Its great, love it, one of the best podcasts this year, really insightful from people who have been there and done the job and the fact they don't always agree adds to it.

It really is. 2 undoubtedly great minds. The best bits tend to be when they disagree.

• Moderators

I've just finished all 20 episodes of Grounded by Louis Theroux 

Pretty much enjoyed them all 

On the last one I found out his dad wrote Mosquito Coast and his cousin is in the TV remake

• Site Supporter
25 minutes ago, Zico said:

Don't think so, just an independent bbc take on things with interviews and stuff

They’ll be doing well to find anyone remotely close to actually speak to camera.

33 minutes ago, MickyD said:

And what do you do about someone who thinks they’re running the big house?

He didn't like being treated the same as everyone else, we even had to go to the car park after work in two's, he was never going to win though, our gang was bigger than his

• Members

Rudys Rant of the day

Spotify podcasts. I pay for Premium, premium means no ads. 

However there’s now sneaky ones. The podcast host starting their podcast and then plugging a product. That’s an advert. Cunts.

• Moderators

one thing that amuses me on it

this bloke agrees to be interviewed on the condition of anonimity

so they call him "Phil"

"Phil" then goes on to describe himself as:

- a life long friend who grew up with him

- they did time together at the start of it all

- one of his main generals

I have no idea who Phil is, but it wouldn't take long for someone to find out / figure it out, if they wanted to

plus you can hear his voice