Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

8 hours ago, bolty58 said:

No. They fucking started it all in moving away from a free trading agreement called the Common Market to a political union/federalised Europe with a group of faceless Brussels based bureaucrats pulling the strings.

That's what was voted against - what they started.

Aye, so its hardly surpising these faceless bureaucrats arent for giving in.

Was always going to be this way.

9 hours ago, bolty58 said:

No. They fucking started it all in moving away from a free trading agreement called the Common Market to a political union/federalised Europe with a group of faceless Brussels based bureaucrats pulling the strings.

That's what was voted against - what they started.

... And where we not part of that, or did they do it all behind our backs?

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

Aye, so its hardly surpising these faceless bureaucrats arent for giving in.

Was always going to be this way.

And Bolty seems to forget that the UK are/were part of what the EU now is, we've been complicit in creating what we now see.

1 hour ago, Sweep said:

And Bolty seems to forget that the UK are/were part of what the EU now is, we've been complicit in creating what we now see.

when you say 'we', I assume you mean the politicos, not the populace ?

I can't remember us ever having a vote (other than the 2016 referendum) on whether to be in a Eurpean poliitcal body rather than a trading block.

I can't remember ever seeing a manifesto that stated they would join a European political body if elected to Government.

So if by 'we' you mean me and you, then 2016 was the first chance we had a chance of being complicit in this, or not.

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

what a brilliant future 

Patriotism

You’re forgetting it’s power.

Or just go and sit in Benidorm and leave everyone else to mop up the shit you’ve done on the floor.

51 minutes ago, ZiggyStardust said:

I can't remember us ever having a vote (other than the 2016 referendum) on whether to be in a Eurpean poliitcal body rather than a trading block.

I can't remember ever seeing a manifesto that stated they would join a European political body if elected to Government.

So if by 'we' you mean me and you, then 2016 was the first chance we had a chance of being complicit in this, or not.

Of course, by "we" I mean those who we elect every few years.

I agree 2016 was the first time the people were given a direct vote on the EU in a generation.

Prior to 2016, I'm not sure I'd heard that many people, and certainly not more than one in every two, say how the EU was causing us such a massive problem, so it's surprising, that as a population who hated the situation so much, that none of the major parties had put us leaving in their manifestos in the last few decades

2 hours ago, ZiggyStardust said:

Correct

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

She obviously wasn’t listening. 

This is another typical social media post. Decide which parts/words suit what they want to post and ignore the whole. Doesn’t matter what the subject matter is; not confined to brexit nor what 'side' they're on.

Then they get spread around like well informed individuals with real insight. 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

It’s on bbc iPlayer, if you want to hear it from the man himself. Marr. 

They already twisted one of his comments from a previous interviews. Take a snippet that’s not properly representative and run with it. In fairness the TV platforms also do it.

56 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Ok that is a planning document. It is awful journalism by Peston. 

With any project you highlight the risks which it seems what was done in September. That document then underpins the project. 

What he has ignored is anything that has been done since the document was produced to off set the risks. If the answer to that is nothing I would be amazed as why produce a risks document and then ignore it. 

It also a worse case scenario so assume there is also a best case document ? Would expect there to be best , likely and worst case scenarios. 

Not saying it won’t happen but that story is atypical journalist telling half story for the best headline.