Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

7 hours ago, Ani said:

If the guy turns up at the queens funeral acting like he is his tits do you think he has the personal self awareness to change his mind over this ? How stupid do they look if they back down ? How stupid do they look when the OBR produce numbers that do look great ? 

This feels like when we appointed Dougie Freedman as manager. It just feels so wrong and doubt I will ever understand how it happened. 

It might be a lot worse than the numbers don’t look great with borrowing costs going through the roof, the projections might look totally unsustainable.

When can a vote of no confidence be tabled , is it 12 months after the last one?  Failing that the Tory MPs need to do the honourable thing and get letters sent in to get her removed, in reality a general election needs to happen and sooner rather than later. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

17 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

It might be a lot worse than the numbers don’t look great with borrowing costs going through the roof, the projections might look totally unsustainable.

When can a vote of no confidence be tabled , is it 12 months after the last one?  Failing that the Tory MPs need to do the honourable thing and get letters sent in to get her removed, in reality a general election needs to happen and sooner rather than later. 

Lol I meant say ' do not look great' 😂😂. My fault !

They can go no confidence anytime I think the 12 months applies to individual but politically it would suicide. During the leader debate Sunak said interest rates would jump if Truss went ahead, seems the backed the wrong horse. 

9 minutes ago, Ani said:

Lol I meant say ' do not look great' 😂😂. My fault !

They can go no confidence anytime I think the 12 months applies to individual but politically it would suicide. During the leader debate Sunak said interest rates would jump if Truss went ahead, seems the backed the wrong horse. 

....vested intrests.

The bent set of bastards.

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I see the leader of the IMF was an EU commissioner…and surprise surprise worked with Juncker 2014-2016 perhaps a little more to the IMF comments than meets the eye … more vested interests.  

Give over. Your paranoia regarding the EU is getting embarrassing.

48 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Give over. Your paranoia regarding the EU is getting embarrassing.

IMF is funded by the EU and ran by ex EU commissioner and they’ve not flagged up US borrowing and while I don’t agree with KK budget you have to question the IMF impartiality. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

5 minutes ago, wiggy said:

Bottom line is that the IMF holds huge sway over international investments. Not ideal to be at war with them when your entire strategy is dependent on the money over which they have so much control 

I’m not confident there isn’t some EU sentiment in dishing out what is an unusually strong statement, but I’ll also condemn our government for putting the UK in this position, not consulting with the OBR before announcing the mini budget left us wide open to such a statement. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

45 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

IMF is funded by the EU and ran by ex EU commissioner and they’ve not flagged up US borrowing and while I don’t agree with KK budget you have to question the IMF impartiality. 

You do if you are paranoid. You have to stop blaming everything on Brexit. 

BBD25FA2-0B16-4456-8175-6680F917E7CC.png

Edited by Ani

3 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’m not blaming Brexit. This is clearly an I’ll thought out not costed or checked mini budget. Not like the EU/IMF to chip in though to mix the bowl further.  

It’s very unusual for the IMF to be quite so critical. Which possibly shows quite how problematic they think it might be.

• Moderators
16 hours ago, BobyBrno said:

Italy best culturally though. Just voted in a right wing government (far right if you believe the BBC) It’s not as straightforward as some people think.

We are still up there though.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-countries/rankings/influence

they aren't the only ones

and to be fair, who can blame them for thinking that

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brothers_of_Italy#Ideology_and_factions

In regards to social issues, the party opposes euthanasia and abortion. It also has been described as being strictly "anti-gay marriage" and supporting the "traditional family unit".[135] The party collaborates with anti-abortion and anti-LGBTQ+ movements.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

The IMF is funded by it's member nations, which consists of nearly every country on the planet. Where do you get this utter shite from?

1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

And it’s lead by an ex EU commissioner who worked with Juncker. Is it any wonder folk are dubious and asking the same question. 

The IMF are mirroring your view and that of the City. 
Yesterday you were saying we are a big player on the world stage . If such a big player looks like fucking up it is the role of the IMF to speak up. Sunak said the same during the TV debates

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

And it’s lead by an ex EU commissioner who worked with Juncker. Is it any wonder folk are dubious and asking the same question. 

So you admit you were talking bollocks about it being "funded by the EU"?

Just now, Ani said:

The IMF are mirroring your view and that of the City. 
Yesterday you were saying we are a big player on the world stage . If such a big player looks like fucking up it is the role of the IMF to speak up. Sunak said the same during the TV debates

It does not stop me or other folk calling into question the unusual nature and strength of message the statement from the IMF was.

However I’ll be more than happy if the government changes tack.

Sorry but I don’t trust anyone who’s been in the inner sanctum of the EU project.