Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter

Brexit has cost me money.

and many in my industry

On a practical level, it was bad for me and others. That is why I don’t like it.

Im now going to post  a bigger Union Jack to prove I’m a bigger patriot. Just for my bum chums ❤️😁

B917B21A-21AE-4E29-BA95-78B4F1D9FA2F.webp

• Site Supporter
7 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Some folk love to think all is against them… they wallow in some kind of permanent perceived misery… I have you nailed as that type. If it weren’t Brexit be something else… I’d rather eat shit than be around someone like you. 

HAHAHAHAHA 😂

7 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Some folk love to think all is against them… they wallow in some kind of permanent perceived misery… I have you nailed as that type. If it weren’t Brexit be something else… I’d rather eat shit than be around someone like you. 

That is a truly sad and desperate post. 

14 hours ago, Sweep said:

He's probably also raping our white women as well, best keep an eye out for that as well (remember, it's only a problem if it's white women, if they're Darkies, it's probably OK) 

Yeah good point. In fact he's probably in bed with my Mrs now.

Do you think Dua Lipa might rape me if I asked nicely?

11 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Yes. 

But this is it. It's not about economics, it's not about political affiliation, it's not about social discord it's about a gut emotional feeling.

Mounts and many like him just wanted to feel independent. No amounts of we already are, the simple facts of the economic problems it would cause were going to change his and people who feel like this minds.

The economy shrinking isn't an issue, its just one of the side effects of independence and that is more important than anything else.

People might not agree but it's probably best to understand that and save your time typing up about what benefits we have due to Brexit. Mounts has his benefit, everything else is background noise.

• Site Supporter
18 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Here they come.  ⬆️ 🤣🤣🤣

Crawley is right though, you can't pinpoint an economic benefit. I canpinpoint, with shuddering accuracy, an economic disadvantage Brexit has brought to my company and many others.

And bear in mind we are a Great British Manufacturer, with Union Jacks on our product and everyfin.

For you, it's about a warm glow of supreriority over men in Brussels with thin spectacles.

For me, I'm out of pocket, so we're at odds.

28 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Here they come.  ⬆️ 🤣🤣🤣

You're doing really well at proving the case in point Mounts, which is fine obviously, you can feel whatever you want to.

It's just a shame that this emotion going to effect this country for many years to come, and people are allowed to express an opinion about how it is directly impacting on their lives today, and going forward.

• Site Supporter
23 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

You're doing really well at proving the case in point Mounts, which is fine obviously, you can feel whatever you want to.

It's just a shame that this emotion going to effect this country for many years to come, and people are allowed to express an opinion about how it is directly impacting on their lives today, and going forward.

It’s affected me, but I don’t count because it’s a negative effect.

Even though a core Brexit benefit was to supposedly boost British manufacturing.

But I’m just moaning.

Mounts has spent years telling us about brexit benefits and dismissing those of us making valid arguments though. It turns out it was all lies and he actually does not care about the economic damage or the threat to the UK Union. There is no logic but I’m not really surprised 🇬🇧

18 minutes ago, Spider said:

It’s affected me, but I don’t count because it’s a negative effect.

Even though a core Brexit benefit was to supposedly boost British manufacturing.

But I’m just moaning.

I’ve no doubt that your company has been hit as has many others. Blaming it solely on Brexit though is misleading. There are skill shortages across Europe. Particularly Germany. 
A couple of articles here. There are many more.

https://www.ifo.de/en/press-release/2022-08-02/shortage-skilled-workers-germany-reaches-all-time-high

https://www.industrialtransformationnetwork.com/personal-process-safety/articles/addressing-europes-manufacturing-worker-shortage

10 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Can you really say it’s had any effect on your life? it’s a myth. We march on. so sad for the FPBE mob, they are the saddest fuckers I’ve ever laid my eyes on.  🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧

I've personally earned about £20K less, since we left than I could have, as we're simply not able to trade on certain products as we used to - so it's had some effect on my life

45 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

I’ve no doubt that your company has been hit as has many others. Blaming it solely on Brexit though is misleading. There are skill shortages across Europe. Particularly Germany. 
A couple of articles here. There are many more.

https://www.ifo.de/en/press-release/2022-08-02/shortage-skilled-workers-germany-reaches-all-time-high

https://www.industrialtransformationnetwork.com/personal-process-safety/articles/addressing-europes-manufacturing-worker-shortage

Not a single person on here has blamed it solely on brexit but it has significantly added to our problems with labour.  Germany may have labour shortages but they are not inhibited by freedom of movement limitations. Why would EU workers choose to come and work in the UK when they are able to go to and work in a choice of several countries without visas or hassle ?

14 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

Not a single person on here has blamed it solely on brexit but it has significantly added to our problems with labour.  Germany may have labour shortages but they are not inhibited by freedom of movement limitations. Why would EU workers choose to come and work in the UK when they are able to go to and work in a choice of several countries without visas or hassle ?

It’s not as easy. No doubt. People still come though. Language is a reason. English is many peoples second language. Some info here on immigration.

https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/immigration-statistics-year-ending-december-2021/summary-of-latest-statistics

‘2.1 Work

There were 239,987 work-related visas granted in 2021 (including dependants). This was a 110% increase on 2020, and 25% higher than in 2019.

Skilled work, which accounts for 63% of work-related visas granted, saw the largest growth in visa numbers from 2019 and increased by 37,551 or 33%. High value, Skilled worker, Temporary worker and Other work visas and exemptions routes all rose compared to the previous year. These increases will in part reflect a recovery from the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, but Skilled work and Temporary work visas are also now substantially higher than the pre-COVID 19 level in 2019.’

5 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

It’s not as easy. No doubt. People still come though. Language is a reason. English is many peoples second language. Some info here on immigration.

https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/immigration-statistics-year-ending-december-2021/summary-of-latest-statistics

‘2.1 Work

There were 239,987 work-related visas granted in 2021 (including dependants). This was a 110% increase on 2020, and 25% higher than in 2019.

Skilled work, which accounts for 63% of work-related visas granted, saw the largest growth in visa numbers from 2019 and increased by 37,551 or 33%. High value, Skilled worker, Temporary worker and Other work visas and exemptions routes all rose compared to the previous year. These increases will in part reflect a recovery from the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, but Skilled work and Temporary work visas are also now substantially higher than the pre-COVID 19 level in 2019.’

They are not coming in the numbers previously particularly for menial but essential jobs in the care sector, agricultural, restaurants and haulage industries. All these businesses have high levels of vacancies they cannot fill and our own population do not want to do them.

18 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

‘2.1 Work

To be fair in 2019 you didn't need a visa to work in the UK from an EU country.

Edited by Nowack
pselling

6 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

They are not coming in the numbers previously particularly for menial but essential jobs in the care sector, agricultural, restaurants and haulage industries. All these businesses have high levels of vacancies they cannot fill and our own population do not want to do them.

Our indigenous population will be picking up the slack here, don't worry about that