Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, globaldiver said:

I look forward to any in depth analysis!

😂🤣😂😇

Years of financial pressure building as a result of QE after last financial crash. Interest rates too low for too long.

Massive spend on covid, whilst holding back the economy.

European war fucking up food and fuel prices.

Andrew Bailey not covering himself in glory with a slow response and negative demeanour. Apparently due to offer a new speech changing his doom laden predictions to far more positive ones.

Rest of Western world all affected by the same fundamental issues.

Of course it's the fault of brexit and our government, which apparently is in power in every other nation suffering similarly.

Had a meeting recently with our financial manager lady, who was saying the markets are bursting to get investing and that this year could well see pensions etc rapidly start making up last year's losses - you'll know all about that- but was and is still somewhat frowning at the BoE.

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Do you think there aren’t any benefits to Brexit? 

Whenever I ask, I get told the only benefit is the sound of my moaning.

Seems like a lot of messing about for that.

2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Years of financial pressure building as a result of QE after last financial crash. Interest rates too low for too long.

Massive spend on covid, whilst holding back the economy.

European war fucking up food and fuel prices.

Andrew Bailey not covering himself in glory with a slow response and negative demeanour. Apparently due to offer a new speech changing his doom laden predictions to far more positive ones.

Rest of Western world all affected by the same fundamental issues.

Of course it's the fault of brexit and our government, which apparently is in power in every other nation suffering similarly.

Had a meeting recently with our financial manager lady, who was saying the markets are bursting to get investing and that this year could well see pensions etc rapidly start making up last year's losses - you'll know all about that- but was and is still somewhat frowning at the BoE.

Good effort.

9 hours ago, Spider said:

Zahawi potted I see

What a wonderful government we have

8 hours ago, Winchester White said:

He's a proper crook that fella.

While I was impressed by his oversight of the vaccines rollout I have always harboured doubts because of his association with Jeffrey Archer.

He must surely rue the day he accepted the post of Chancellor, which enabled HMRC to pursue him more vigourously.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, MalcolmW said:

While I was impressed by his oversight of the vaccines rollout I have always harboured doubts because of his association with Jeffrey Archer.

He must surely rue the day he accepted the post of Chancellor, which enabled HMRC to pursue him more vigourously.

How did that enable them? He was under investigation for 2 years, during which time he was promoted to the cabinet under 3 different prime ministers and basically got the top job of HMRC as Chancellor?

8 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

You may be right, however let's see how this pans out.

He left the fund in 2013.

The fund purchased £100m (not £1,000m) worth of shares in Moderna in 2019, probably at IPO.

If there was any inside trading going on the fund would've sold their shares in 2021 before the share price plummeted.

Given the shares were bought in 2019, the only way it could possibly be insider trading is if Sunak and the fund were aware the Covid pandemic was coming before it actually did (an absolutely insane claim).

There's no particular evidence I'm aware of that the Government has favoured Moderna over any other pharmaceutical company - they signed contracts with pretty much every one they could.

But apart from that...

• Site Supporter
26 minutes ago, little whitt said:

He is the Mayor of Manchester 

if he wanted a say he shoulder have stayed as a MP

Bitter cause he did not get the Big Job lost too

Corbin 

I’d say he’s probably more powerful within these parts than the MPs in the area.

1 hour ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

He left the fund in 2013.

The fund purchased £100m (not £1,000m) worth of shares in Moderna in 2019, probably at IPO.

If there was any inside trading going on the fund would've sold their shares in 2021 before the share price plummeted.

Given the shares were bought in 2019, the only way it could possibly be insider trading is if Sunak and the fund were aware the Covid pandemic was coming before it actually did (an absolutely insane claim).

There's no particular evidence I'm aware of that the Government has favoured Moderna over any other pharmaceutical company - they signed contracts with pretty much every one they could.

But apart from that...

It’s the toaries

3 hours ago, MalcolmW said:

I don’t think it was HMRC, but Dan Niedle, who seems to target the MPs of a particular party and claims neutrality.