Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

24 minutes ago, royal white said:

So you just continue letting people come over and do nothing about it? “Process them faster” which ends up with more homeless faster, more kids with no schools faster, people with no Drs faster. Run me by yours and NICs ideas again. 

You’d have to ask NIC for his ideas, I’m not his spokesperson.

So you don’t think we should process asylum seekers faster then? ‘Because it leads to more pressure on public services’. That’s strange, because just the other day you were agreeing that we needed to process them faster. 

No, I’ve never said ‘do nothing about it’: You can go back and read my opinion on this if you like. I’ve already discussed ways we can facilitate our share of refugees. Can’t be arsed repeating myself today.
Of course it has to be managed. But as others have said, let’s stop blaming immigrants for public sector failures that have been brought on by the current govn. 

None of the mainstream parties would even contemplate your idea, let alone suggest it in parliament. It’s a logistical nightmare & a waste of time & money.

The British Democrats seem to agree with some of your ideas though 👍 Have a read, though from the sounds of things you already have 😉

https://britishdems.co.uk/policies/

6 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

You’d have to ask NIC for his ideas, I’m not his spokesperson.

So you don’t think we should process asylum seekers faster then? ‘Because it leads to more pressure on public services’. That’s strange, because just the other day you were agreeing that we needed to process them faster. 

No, I’ve never said ‘do nothing about it’: You can go back and read my opinion on this if you like. I’ve already discussed ways we can facilitate our share of refugees. Can’t be arsed repeating myself today.
Of course it has to be managed. But as others have said, let’s stop blaming immigrants for public sector failures that have been brought on by the current govn. 

None of the mainstream parties would even contemplate your idea, let alone suggest it in parliament. It’s a logistical nightmare & a waste of time & money.

The British Democrats seem to agree with some of your ideas though 👍 Have a read, though from the sounds of things you already have 😉

https://britishdems.co.uk/policies/

Yes we need to process the ones here faster. Allowing 10s of thousands to continue coming over though won’t help the public services, there needs to be some kind of break, after the said break more people can come safely, receive better treatment and get put into the system. At the moment there’s a big fuck off bottle neck and allowing 1000s to come over every week isn’t helping anyone. (Well maybe a few hotels owners and lawyers 😉

I genuinely know nothing about the Brit Dems. 

37 minutes ago, royal white said:

Yes we need to process the ones here faster. Allowing 10s of thousands to continue coming over though won’t help the public services, there needs to be some kind of break, after the said break more people can come safely, receive better treatment and get put into the system. At the moment there’s a big fuck off bottle neck and allowing 1000s to come over every week isn’t helping anyone. (Well maybe a few hotels owners and lawyers 😉

I genuinely know nothing about the Brit Dems. 

I know 🙂It was a joke.

Letting those who are waiting work and contribute tax would be more realistic. 

How the hell does a cross party collaboration achieve this proposed break? How do they withdraw from the UN 1951 Refugee Convention;  European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR) & the Global Compact for Migration overnight? 

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, globaldiver said:

Meh.

A bit of a strange article and could be writing about himself in a way.

Anyway, bollocks to politics at the moment. 

Cricket, football, Rugby all high up the agenda. 

2 hours ago, Winchester White said:

Why do we have such a bottleneck? That is the question everyone needs to think about.

Anyway, back to the game, hoping we smash them and don't just sit back and defend for 45+ mins

Is it? I think most people know that. What people need to think about is reducing it. Any ideas? 

Just now, Winchester White said:

Fucking process them! You keep saying most aren't genuine asylum seekers therefore if they are processed they can be fucked off back home.

Yes we know that but how the fuck does  that help public services, houses etc  when we still have 1000s coming through. 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Fucking process them! You keep saying most aren't genuine asylum seekers therefore if they are processed they can be fucked off back home.

The rate determining step.

Fuck knows why it takes so long; insufficient numbers of civil servants doing it? Poor quality civil servants doing it? Legal profession abusing their position? Politicians scared of simply ignoring ECHR edicts?

All of the above?

4 hours ago, London Wanderer said:

I know 🙂It was a joke.

Letting those who are waiting work and contribute tax would be more realistic. 

How the hell does a cross party collaboration achieve this proposed break? How do they withdraw from the UN 1951 Refugee Convention;  European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR) & the Global Compact for Migration overnight? 

Answer is we don't and this is a global issue that will be continually increasing over the next ten years.

The idea we can somehow pull a drawbridge up is total fantasy and only spouted by the likes of populists for the gullible to swallow.

Applications have doubled in time, the home office is dealing with a 2023 problem in a 2000 way. But there is no political will to invest in more people and better processes when it is politically cheaper and more expedient to come up with another five point slogan (you can't call it a plan, as there isn't one beyond wacking 500 people on a boat and sending 0 people to Rwanda) and blabbering on about stopping boats.

The home office needs more money, the government won't put the resources needed into it as there is no quick fix and it certainly won't be achieved in one term, nevermind now until the election.

34 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Answer is we don't and this is a global issue that will be continually increasing over the next ten years.

The idea we can somehow pull a drawbridge up is total fantasy and only spouted by the likes of populists for the gullible to swallow.

Applications have doubled in time, the home office is dealing with a 2023 problem in a 2000 way. But there is no political will to invest in more people and better processes when it is politically cheaper and more expedient to come up with another five point slogan (you can't call it a plan, as there isn't one beyond wacking 500 people on a boat and sending 0 people to Rwanda) and blabbering on about stopping boats.

The home office needs more money, the government won't put the resources needed into it as there is no quick fix and it certainly won't be achieved in one term, nevermind now until the election.

Aye. It was a pure fantasy idea.

& fuck living in a country that sends desperate people back anyway. Imagine sending those who survived the boat trip this morning back to a country where they could be killed or imprisoned. “Sorry folks, we just need a bit of time to get our shit together. If you can stay alive until then we’ll take you back”. 🙈I’ve seen serial killers with a better moral compass.

Maybe a cross party agreement to invest more in the home office then. Though it appears now that they aren’t even bothering to process. 

And now posters are back to blaming civil servants. Anyone but the Tories. 

50 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Aye. It was a pure fantasy idea.

& fuck living in a country that sends desperate people back anyway. Imagine sending those who survived the boat trip this morning back to a country where they could be killed or imprisoned. “Sorry folks, we just need a bit of time to get our shit together. If you can stay alive until then we’ll take you back”. 🙈I’ve seen serial killers with a better moral compass.

Maybe a cross party agreement to invest more in the home office then. Though it appears now that they aren’t even bothering to process. 

And now posters are back to blaming civil servants. Anyone but the Tories. 

There’s literally dozens of countries that are closer, cheaper and safer to get to. Would you not take your family to one of those for 12-18 months whilst things are sorted here? Why would they go back to A country where they could be killed or imprisoned, thats just stupid. 

2 hours ago, London Wanderer said:

Most of the small boat arrivals have genuine cases. Around 60% have their claim accepted. 

The rules need changing if 60% are having their claims accepted, if 1 million make the journey here per year that’s 600k, we cannot absorb that type of number year in year out.