Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Farrelli performing mental gymnastics to try convince himself we (UK) got more from the EU than we put in. Utter denial… classic FPBE mentality. 

Talking of "denial"...

Last days of the cult. As I've always said I don't blame anyone who voted for it, given the lies that were told and the general feeling in the country, and how it was weaponised by some for personal.political gain, but if you are still trying to claim its been good for the country then you need your bumps feeling.

5 hours ago, globaldiver said:

Equality has remained the same for the last 30 years or soIMG_3060.jpeg.0a2c5d7ebc753fbf600bfd3d915d92f3.jpeg

That's one way of looking at it. Another way is to say that nobody has made any real progress in reducing inequalities over the past 30 years.

Also - what do we think happened around 1979 that led to a huge jump in inequality? 

Also - the graph is 8 years out of date. 

1 minute ago, kent_white said:

That's one way of looking at it. Another way is to say that nobody has made any real progress in reducing inequalities over the past 30 years.

Also - what do we think happened around 1979 that led to a huge jump in inequality? 

Also - the graph is 8 years out of date. 

Just seen your other graph up to 20/21 😁

6 minutes ago, Spider said:

Rees Mogg truly is one utterly awful cunt

Is the standard response not........."but EU farmers aren't happy either" 

I know we were promised everything would be wonderful, now it seems that we're happy if things here just aren;t any worse than they are somewhere else.

Sadly this Government (and to be fair, also previous Governments) have shown they don't really give a fuck about fishing or farming - we should by now, just be consigning both of those industries to the past, and importing everything. It'd save a lot of hassle. The land could then be happily used to build houses, wind farms and solar farms on.

Fuck the farmers and the fishermen - they've got exactly what they deserved for believing they'd be looked after

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Fuck the farmers and the fishermen - they've got exactly what they deserved for believing they'd be looked after

That's a bit harsh. I kind of understand that fishing and farming used to be big employers in this country and many thought they would be better outside of the EU after all the promises made.

The fact that they were lied to isn't really their fault and they probably thought things couldn't get any worse.

26 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Is the standard response not........."but EU farmers aren't happy either" 

I know we were promised everything would be wonderful, now it seems that we're happy if things here just aren;t any worse than they are somewhere else.

Sadly this Government (and to be fair, also previous Governments) have shown they don't really give a fuck about fishing or farming - we should by now, just be consigning both of those industries to the past, and importing everything. It'd save a lot of hassle. The land could then be happily used to build houses, wind farms and solar farms on.

It would be lunacy If we stop producing our own food. Brexit has certainly not helped but we should do all we can to help agriculture starting by voting out this government at the GE later this year.

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, athywhite1958 said:

Is it true or not?

That "Brexit is a roaring success"? No, it isn't true, but seeing as you read The Sun I'm not surprised a 3-paragraph blurb convinces you it is.

Edited by Cheese

• Site Supporter

Someone asked at our recent all UK/IRE employees meeting what the impact of Brexit was. They said thankfully as we ship equipment in very large numbers and we have the resources to fulfil the import/export requirements we were not too badly affected.

And that says it all, our company is big enough to absorb the cost but the UK has tens of thousands of small companies that just cannot do that.

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Someone asked at our recent all UK/IRE employees meeting what the impact of Brexit was. They said thankfully as we ship equipment in very large numbers and we have the resources to fulfil the import/export requirements we were not too badly affected.

And that says it all, our company is big enough to absorb the cost but the UK has tens of thousands of small companies that just cannot do that.

Winners and losers

• Members

Still fucking whining. Get over it, you lost. Even Starmer has said 'there's no going back'.

Get your shoulder to the wheel and move the UK forward instead of playing with the fluff in your navel and licking what will soon be a decade old wound.

4 hours ago, Cheese said:

That "Brexit is a roaring success"? No, it isn't true, but seeing as you read The Sun I'm not surprised a 3-paragraph blurb convinces you it is.

How do you come to the conclusion that I read the Sun? Assumption? Have you got a link?

39 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

Still fucking whining. Get over it, you lost. Even Starmer has said 'there's no going back'.

Get your shoulder to the wheel and move the UK forward instead of playing with the fluff in your navel and licking what will soon be a decade old wound.

Yeah you lazy twats. I agree with the Australian pensioner. 

• Site Supporter
8 hours ago, bolty58 said:

In other words, it’s turned out to be a pile of shit because the government we voted for are a bunch of spineless cunts, so let’s ignore it.

😎

• Site Supporter
9 hours ago, athywhite1958 said:

How do you come to the conclusion that I read the Sun? Assumption? Have you got a link?

Because you've posted several photographs of articles from The Sun. You claimed you took one in a Petrol Station "as the girl behind the counter was browsing it", but you've posted more since then. I simply don't believe that you go round taking photos of The Sun without purchasing it. That would be even more embarrassing than actually buying it.

Edited by Cheese