Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

14 hours ago, athywhite1958 said:

Is it true or not?

If you have to ask then it shows you have a lack of awareness or just don’t really care.  It really depends who you ask but I don’t think Kemi Badinoch is a reliable witness.

For example, Wales have lost about 1 billion funding for the period 2021-25. That will disproportionately affect the worst off people in Wales.  Brexit is also a significant factor in the Port Talbot steelworks closing.  However if you don’t live in Wales you probably think “tough shit” and everything is great.

17 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Because you've posted several photographs of articles from The Sun. You claimed you took one in a Petrol Station "as the girl behind the counter was browsing it", but you've posted more since then. I simply don't believe that you go round taking photos of The Sun without purchasing it. That would be even more embarrassing than actually buying it.

Depends which page he is photographing 

20 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Pretty sure they stopped featuring tits on page 3 a decade ago.

Who mentioned tits ? You have a dirty mind. I thought he might photographing the horse racing tips. 

Tips not tits. 😀

We all go round in circles arguing what is worse now we have left the EU, personaly what I'd like to know from those who still support it is what is better now? What in the UK has improved since we left? Lets take the soverity argument away from this, because we had that before anyway.

What has been improved in terms of the economy, education, health, housing etc I'm just interested to hear how it has really benefitted us rather than the the same old discussions.

If you still support it, in all honesty, and I say this in all friendliness and out of a real interest to understand, why?

11 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Still fucking whining. Get over it, you lost. Even Starmer has said 'there's no going back'.

Get your shoulder to the wheel and move the UK forward instead of playing with the fluff in your navel and licking what will soon be a decade old wound.

I have got over it. And my shoulder is to the wheel. Currently trying to do more, for and with less! 👍

3 hours ago, Cheese said:

Because you've posted several photographs of articles from The Sun. You claimed you took one in a Petrol Station "as the girl behind the counter was browsing it", but you've posted more since then. I simply don't believe that you go round taking photos of The Sun without purchasing it. That would be even more embarrassing than actually buying it.

I have posted 1 previously yes at the petrol station and I haven't bought the Sun since they stopped page 3 girls 

2 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Not.

See - easy answer and a quick google search or a bit of beackground reading would have answered that question for you.

I can't be arsed with politics or Brexit, I saw that article and knew it would arouse one or two on here, plain and simple

3 hours ago, Farrelli said:

If you have to ask then it shows you have a lack of awareness or just don’t really care.  It really depends who you ask but I don’t think Kemi Badinoch is a reliable witness.

For example, Wales have lost about 1 billion funding for the period 2021-25. That will disproportionately affect the worst off people in Wales.  Brexit is also a significant factor in the Port Talbot steelworks closing.  However if you don’t live in Wales you probably think “tough shit” and everything is great.

Nail on head

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, athywhite1958 said:

I have posted 1 previously yes at the petrol station and I haven't bought the Sun since they stopped page 3 girls 

10 minutes ago, athywhite1958 said:

I can't be arsed with politics or Brexit, I saw that article and knew it would arouse one or two on here, plain and simple

Jimmy-Hill.jpg

3 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

We all go round in circles arguing what is worse now we have left the EU, personaly what I'd like to know from those who still support it is what is better now? What in the UK has improved since we left? Lets take the soverity argument away from this, because we had that before anyway.

What has been improved in terms of the economy, education, health, housing etc I'm just interested to hear how it has really benefitted us rather than the the same old discussions.

If you still support it, in all honesty, and I say this in all friendliness and out of a real interest to understand, why?

Those who voted out, now claim they knew it would be bad for a couple of decades (even though we were told we'd see an immediate upturn).

Oddly though, those who say they knew an "out" vote would make us worse off initially, will still never admit that we are worse off.

Very little, if anything is any better now than it was before, in fact, it's generally slightly worse - that's not to say it won;'t get better, it's just going to take a while, and probably longer than anybody thought (apart from JRM, who did suggest it could take up to 50 years before we see any real economic benefits)

Edited by Sweep

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Those who voted out, knew it would be bad for a couple of decades (even though we were told we'd see an immediate upturn).

Oddly though, those who say they knew an "out" vote would make us worse off initially, will still never admit that we are worse off.

Very little, if anything is any better now than it was before, in fact, it's generally slightly worse - that's not to say it won;'t get better, it's just going to take a while, and probably longer than anybody thought (apart from JRM, who did suggest it could take up to 50 years before we see any real economic benefits)

50 years according to Mogg

So they were 100% definitely only selflessly thinking about their grandchildren.

45 minutes ago, Spider said:

50 years according to Mogg

So they were 100% definitely only selflessly thinking about their grandchildren.

I'm not sure he's having to wait 50 years to see his personal wealth grow.........although, we are all, apparently, in it together 😁

2 hours ago, Sweep said:

Those who voted out, now claim they knew it would be bad for a couple of decades (even though we were told we'd see an immediate upturn).

Yeah, I hear this as well but I'm just not sure - which is why i'd like to know what people think has/is improving.

Firstly, this 50 years/few decades was suspcious by its absence in the vote leave campaign literature, and indeed, Rees-Moggs' actual quote was ''we won't know the full economic consequences for a very long time. The overwhemling opportunity for Brexit is over the next fifty years.''

So, it was a distruption that no one really knew what the outcome would be, and over the next 50 years would lead one to believe that we'd start seeing the journey towards these benefits now, rather than out of the blue something magically happens on the 2nd Feb 2074, when my youngest who is a year 7 will be 61.

That's why I'm asking, not for the future but what improvements have happened and what shoots of success have been planted that we'll see in this distant future? I'm honestly really interested, not graphs showing out of context slow-downs, but genuine, significant improvements.

1 hour ago, athywhite1958 said:

Yes I do but pretending you know everything on a football forum isn't going to change anything

You said you didn’t care, which is appalling if you want the best for your kids.

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Yeah, I hear this as well but I'm just not sure - which is why i'd like to know what people think has/is improving.

Firstly, this 50 years/few decades was suspcious by its absence in the vote leave campaign literature, and indeed, Rees-Moggs' actual quote was ''we won't know the full economic consequences for a very long time. The overwhemling opportunity for Brexit is over the next fifty years.''

So, it was a distruption that no one really knew what the outcome would be, and over the next 50 years would lead one to believe that we'd start seeing the journey towards these benefits now, rather than out of the blue something magically happens on the 2nd Feb 2074, when my youngest who is a year 7 will be 61.

That's why I'm asking, not for the future but what improvements have happened and what shoots of success have been planted that we'll see in this distant future? I'm honestly really interested, not graphs showing out of context slow-downs, but genuine, significant improvements.

Don't hold your breath. Libertarians wet themselves when brexit happened but the world doesn't work in they way they think it should or ever will.

Just look at Trump, he is saying if he gets in this time he will put a 10% tariff on all imports. Now, we know he talks shite at the best of times but that is an example of how 'free trade' is a fallacy.

It's funny how all those with deep pockets loved the idea and supported brexit because their fever dream would never impact on their lives, only the plebs.