Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, BobyBrno said:

Another option. Porridge with grated apple and cinnamon. 
You can substitute apple for turnips depending on the time of year.😉

D462B7D1-2B3C-4652-810D-751BA1A38E8D.jpeg

Edited by Spider

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I have a freezer!

Strange though how turnips are so much more expensive than carrots.

Together though, they are the best combination of veg. going. Or is that swede? 

• Members
9 hours ago, Sweep said:

as a whole/collective though, we as a nation, are currently worse off- that may or may not last, but we're certainly not anywhere near being better off yet, that will change, but it looks/feels a long way off to those who are having to battle on a daily/weekly basis with import/export issues that were not there a few years ago

And, of course, a global pandemic, wars and an obstructive civil service machine have had absolutely fuck all to do with this. There is only one villain - Brexit.

Aye, reet.

• Members
9 hours ago, Sweep said:

Out of interest, was there a price difference?

I'd like to think most people would go for the British ones either way (unless, as Bolty said yesterday, they're all absolute shit and have no taste)

Take no notice of yon mon. Thick as mince. He'll be along in a minute to say he was referring to Australian ones. The cunt.

• Members
8 hours ago, royal white said:

Who remembers tomatogate 😂people going into a meltdown because Brexit caused a Tomato shortage for 48hrs (though it was more to do with the weather) 

A joke anyway. Take a hike to your nearest sewage farm. They are usually swamped with the fuckers and happy for folk to take them away by the bucket load.

Those from Barton Bridge close to the best I have ever tasted BTW.

• Members
5 hours ago, BobyBrno said:

Always had ‘seasonal’ fruit and veg when I was young.

Sorry for your experience. 

Might explain a hell of a lot though? Could enough produce a turnip between ones ears?

10 hours ago, bolty58 said:

And, of course, a global pandemic, wars and an obstructive civil service machine have had absolutely fuck all to do with this. There is only one villain - Brexit.

Aye, reet.

I'm referring specifically to trade with the EU, that is now far more difficult for certain sectors than it was when we were in the EU. Absolutely nothing to do with Pandemics and Wars. 

We'll get past it, because we have to. 

It's OK, to admit its not all been 100% brilliant and trade has become much easier since we left you know. 

Edited by Sweep

37 minutes ago, Sweep said:

I'm referring specifically to trade with the EU, that is now far more difficult for certain sectors than it was when we were in the EU. Absolutely nothing to do with Pandemics and Wars. 

Well get past it, because we have to. 

It's OK, to admit its not all been 100% brilliant and trade has become much easier since we left you know. 

Never admit it. Never back down.

IMG_8685.jpeg.efdc342fe2a40e87e783d9851babb97f.jpeg

• Site Supporter
Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Jol_BWFC said:

Never admit it. Never back down.

IMG_8685.jpeg.efdc342fe2a40e87e783d9851babb97f.jpeg

Luckily, even Bolty doesn’t like politics in football.

Celtic and Rangers is ENTIRELY TO DO WITH THE QUALITY OF THE SOCCER

Edited by Spider

19 minutes ago, Spider said:

Luckily, even Bolty doesn’t like politics in football.

Celtic and Rangers is ENTIRELY TO DO WITH THE QUALITY OF THE SOCCER

Unless you're English and pretend tohave them as your "second team" - that's just out and out attention seeking

3 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Unless you're English and pretend tohave them as your "second team" - that's just out and out attention seeking

Anybody who has a second team needs to be looked on with extreme suspicion. 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Anybody who has a second team needs to be looked on with extreme suspicion. 

IT ISN’T POLITICAL

OOOOOKKKKKAAAYYYYYYY

• Site Supporter
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Cheese said:

GK88bISWEAABwcr?format=jpg&name=small

Imagine though, a five-word slogan made up of a nine letter word, two seven letter words a three letter word and a two. And you opt for the incorrect three letter word.

Even if you handed the artwork to the tattooist like that he’d surely check wouldn’t he (or she)?

Edited by MickyD
Missed a bit.

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Imagine though, a five-word slogan made up of a nine letter word, two seven letter words a three letter word and a two. And you opt for the incorrect three letter word.

Even if you handed the artwork to the tattooist like that he’d surely check wouldn’t he (or she)?

Let’s assume it was spelled correctly 

How many people do you think would look at it and think “you know what, maybe I haven’t been showing adequate levels of respect to our culture. This tattoo has really made me evaluate my cultural position is a British person”

I know I have.

3 minutes ago, Spider said:

Let’s assume it was spelled correctly 

How many people do you think would look at it and think “you know what, maybe I haven’t been showing adequate levels of respect to our culture. This tattoo has really made me evaluate my cultural position is a British person”

I know I have.

I'd like to know what he defines 'our culture' as, because I suspect we'd have very differing opinions on what makes up British Cultural values.