Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
9 hours ago, bolty58 said:

You'll get me going with that one. I work with a bunch of people (plus have a daughter) who will throw two litres of a three litre bottle of milk away because the 'best by' date has arrived. Same attitude with virtually everything else which has a 'best by' or 'use by' date on it. Madness!

Won't use their noses and trust their senses. Besides, a factor of safety is always built into these things anyway. Pure, unadulterated and unnecessary waste.

Was discussing this with a customer yesterday. She's of the same generation as my parents; born during or just after the war.

Very much of an age where waste was almost unheard of, rationing still going on in their youngest days.

My dad hated leaving anything, ingrained within his psyche, and would over eat so as not to waste stuff. A perverse situation and one which grates when for example, you see someone has nibbled at a meal in a restaurant and then left most of it. If they weren't that hungry, shouldn't have ordered it.

Mounts will love this, after all he pretended he might travel to London to hear Big Ben chime.....now he doesn't have to 😀

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/bolton-bong-brexit-town-hall-17616874

Edit: decided to change what I wrote...but you can see from the below quote 🤣

Edited by Sweep

52 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Glad they confirm there will definitely be some bells there. I was worried. But sounds like a great occasion for some bells. 

Yes, you're the biggest bell on here 🤭

Hope your tax payments are contributing to this historic moment 👍🌹🇬🇧

54 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Glad they confirm there will definitely be some bells there. I was worried. But sounds like a great occasion for some bells. 

Bells. The only thing you've left to smile about. Bit like Quasi. He won't be involved in the celebrations on January 31. He's got a bad back.

25 minutes ago, royal white said:

That’s debatable mate 😀

It’s an absolute downright lie let’s be honest 😁. Fanny5 is absolutely an end of the bell variety most of the time. But he has his moments. Unlike our buddy who is conspicuous by his absence. Although I’m not complaining. 

was going to put the tool on ignore then I could announce it daily but too much effort and I don’t want to miss the apology to Kent of course 

Edited by Escobarp

4 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

It’s an absolute downright lie let’s be honest 😁. Fanny5 is absolutely an end of the bell variety most of the time. But he has his moments. Unlike our buddy who is conspicuous by his absence. Although I’m not complaining. 

was going to put the tool on ignore then I could announce it daily but too much effort and I don’t want to miss the apology to Kent of course 

More chance of Britain voting to remain than that mouldy Bobby Dazzler wearing tramp apologising to poor racist Kent.

35 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

He makes me laugh mate😂

He speaks sense mate 

See you next friday, is the better half coming too ? We're meeting Leigh White, Kent and Cheese who will be displaying his arsehole on the Union coloured town hall steps 👍🇬🇧

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

He speaks sense mate 

See you next friday, is the better half coming too ? We're meeting Leigh White, Kent and Cheese who will be displaying his arsehole on the Union coloured town hall steps 👍🇬🇧

Pop into the market just before it shuts and get some manky bananas.