Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

2 hours 20 to get through where? 

The average time it takes to go through the Swiss-France border is between 20 minutes and 2 hours, and that's while Switzerland are in Schengen and the Single Market. In a few months we will have no agreements whatsoever.

Edited by Cheese

35 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

And well done to the EU For breaking international law, you congratulate them, but at the same time you demonise our government for doing the same. 

Both Airbus and Boeing were being subsidised by their host countries so the wrong doing was on both sides.  The EU were at least prepared to stand up to the US whilst we will be rolling over having our bellies tickled.  

1 minute ago, Mr Grey said:

When I drove to Geneva from the French Alps last year, there was no border, there was a border there that used to be manned, but not anymore. Drive in, drive through and drive out.

So would you say this was The proof that a fellow poster was looking for?

44 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

We went through a couple of years ago.

invisible and seamless

Most efficient, those Swiss

Me too.  I was staying in Saint Louis and got the bus into Basel.  It stopped briefly at the border to allow the guards to get on and check the passports of the only two black people on the bus.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

No change between roi and ni. No problem. Only you suggesting folk thought there was.

So you think all borders should be totally open regardless of trade agreements, treaties, union membership etc..?

So we are happy to have a border with an EU country and allow free movement of people and goods across that border. When that is Ireland , but not if it if France ? 

So we are treating Ireland differently to the rest of the UK.  I am sure Gerry Adams and his mates will be happy. 

No surrender ? Dump the Unionists ? 

Just checking what it is people want. We leave the EU to reclaim our sovereignty but ignore NI ? I thought the reason Boris wanted to re do the agreement was to allow for tariffs ? 

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Well that argument went well for cheese and Farrelli. 😂🤣😂

You must be seeing something I'm not?  How do you think it went well for you?

Edited by Cheese

5 minutes ago, Ani said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Switzerland–European_Union_relations

details of Swiss borders and rules. 

Seem to have a series of treaties in place and look when they started discussing and when signed. 

Remember Mounts has said no deal is fine. 

Anybody who says "no deal is fine" doesn't have a clue what a shit storm it would be for both sides, if they did, then no way would they think it was "fine"

Anyway, Mounts had said several times there will definitely be a deal