Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

Lord hessletine on the radio being interviewed earlier. Everything that is wrong with our country  and the way this has been handled. 

“ we must have a second vote. If the result is the same I will reluctantly accept the first result. And then we can commence discussions and a plan of how to become a member again which will take a few years but we can start discussions as that’s what we want to do”

what a fucking idiot. 

Should be put against a wall and shot 

Edited by Escobarp

1 hour ago, Ani said:

But no deal was also not an option so how is that the will of the people. We had 2 options stay or leave with a deal.  If you go back every leave supporter talked about a deal of some type. So why is No Deal the wish of the people ? 

Leave with a deal wasn’t on the ballot paper it was simply leave or stay. 

52 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Lord hessletine on the radio being interviewed earlier. Everything that is wrong with our country  and the way this has been handled. 

“ we must have a second vote. If the result is the same I will reluctantly accept the first result. And then we can commence discussions and a plan of how to become a member again which will take a few years but we can start discussions as that’s what we want to do”

what a fucking idiot. 

Yeah...boo Heseltine for having an opinion I disagree with.

Oh and lets shoot everyone who disagrees with me for good measure...

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Escobarp said:

what a fucking idiot. 

Heard him previously on this. Similarly, Major.

Had quite a bit of time for the latter, but they're both yesterday's news.

9 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

So does it matter how old he is? Classic 

It was a figure of speech you cretin. 

And not others. That would imply more than one. Just yourself thanks 

I don't think I've ever used "should be put up against a wall and shot" as a "figure of speech". Nor have I ever heard that phrase used as a figure of speech. 

Hey ho....

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

I don't think I've ever used "should be put up against a wall and shot" as a "figure of speech". Nor have I ever heard that phrase used as a figure of speech. 

Hey ho....

come the revolution and all that

2 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Leave with a deal wasn’t on the ballot paper it was simply leave or stay. 

Answer honestly. 

If the vote was ‘leave with no deal’ or ‘stay’ which would win ? 

It was an ‘either/or’ vote on a decision  that was not ‘either/or’ and we are looking at committing our economic future on the back of that. Is that not just crazy ? 

We have 3 options leave with a deal, stay. Leave no deal. If you forget which side you support in this. Does it not make sense if this is all about democracy to put this to the vote ? Use single transferable vote. 

The whole situation is a fuck up. 

3 hours ago, Escobarp said:

what a fucking idiot. 

That there is everything that's wrong with this country at the moment.

Nobody can have a discussion anymore

22 minutes ago, Ani said:

Answer honestly. 

If the vote was ‘leave with no deal’ or ‘stay’ which would win ? 

It was an ‘either/or’ vote on a decision  that was not ‘either/or’ and we are looking at committing our economic future on the back of that. Is that not just crazy ? 

We have 3 options leave with a deal, stay. Leave no deal. If you forget which side you support in this. Does it not make sense if this is all about democracy to put this to the vote ? Use single transferable vote. 

The whole situation is a fuck up. 

Leave with no deal. Easily. 

Ive no worries about leaving without a deal, don’t think it will be a disaster, staying might be a disaster, life is full of uncertainty. 

Does not make sense to offer 3 options leave won, watered down leave is Mays deal (remainers should accept that deal) real leave is WTO and negotiate a free trade deal, remain was ruled out 3 years ago.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

15 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Ive no worries about leaving without a deal, don’t think it will be a disaster, staying might be a disaster, life is full of uncertainty. 

Does not make sense to offer 3 options leave won, watered down leave is Mays deal (remainers should accept that deal) real leave is WTO and negotiate a free trade deal, remain was ruled out 3 years ago.

Sorry I meant the original vote. 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, mickbrown said:

That there is everything that's wrong with this country at the moment.

Nobody can have a discussion anymore

Discussion?

Being told you're a racist or thick and that brexit is a disaster and the country will suffer has never been about discussion.

Just mardy comments from a few that won't accept a vote result.

Can accept anyone's opinion, but not accusations nor statements of opinion as fact.

The only discussion now should be about moving forward, post brexit to ensure how we make the best of it.

Not bickering and trying to find some minutiae upon which to pour scorn on it.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Discussion?

Being told you're a racist or thick and that brexit is a disaster and the country will suffer has never been about discussion.

Just mardy comments from a few that won't accept a vote result.

Can accept anyone's opinion, but not accusations nor statements of opinion as fact.

The only discussion now should be about moving forward, post brexit to ensure how we make the best of it.

Not bickering and trying to find some minutiae upon which to pour scorn on it.

We were told we were getting some lovely trade deals before we left

Its pretty fcuking clear that's not the case

I think folk are well within their rights to do anything in their power to protect their own interests

I've pleny to lose

Some scrubber with fcuk all really doesn't give a toss

Ps how's the Irish border solution coming along?

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

When the decision of the vote came out Maggie Tate was telling all and sundry it was a piece of piss to sort out trade deals, all done within a month or so. Falling over to deals with us etc 

You're saying WTO is fine as it means leave. There you have two different versions of what leave means with possibly two massively different potential consequences 

You can see why folk originally believing Maggie Tate's vision but then see what really is happening might think hang on