Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Club Shop

iggy

Just been to the club shop this morning to get my little lad the new kit for his 5th birthday next week only to be told the mini kits won't be in stock instil September. What sort of piss take is that. He was absolutely buzzing to be getting the new kit. What sort of club that wants to inspire youngsters to come along doesn't have the kit ready for the new season!!

Not too sure. It's frustrating for me and my sons going to be really disappointed when he doesn't have it for his birthday. But there's a wider issue here. The club fails to realise that locally we are competing with a lot of other clubs. You can bet Wigan and Blackburn will have their clubs kit for sale and you only have to go to JD sports for united, city etc.

• Moderators

Not too sure. It's frustrating for me and my sons going to be really disappointed when he doesn't have it for his birthday. But there's a wider issue here. The club fails to realise that locally we are competing with a lot of other clubs. You can bet Wigan and Blackburn will have their clubs kit for sale and you only have to go to JD sports for united, city etc.

nonsense

Id say the highlighted bit. I must admit though, a work collegue was on about buying his son a City strip because he couldnt get ours. Its just not right in my eyes

Sort of proves my point. The fact Is I know a lot of people especially on here wouldn't dream of it. It's Bolton or nothing. But there's lots of people who are more inclined to float and things like this make it easier for people who maybe don't yet have a club to go elsewhere.

My 5 year old boy and 7 year old girl were really excited about the new purple kit. Was going to buy full kit for each to use for their various football lessons. But no shorts or socks available....

I've spent the last 2 years telling my kids that they can't have a Liverpool / Arsenal / Chelsea kit like their friends and his won't help!

My 5 year old boy and 7 year old girl were really excited about the new purple kit. Was going to buy full kit for each to use for their various football lessons. But no shorts or socks available....

I've spent the last 2 years telling my kids that they can't have a Liverpool / Arsenal / Chelsea kit like their friends and his won't help!

rubbish....forcing them to have kits will help you....Remember at that age they have to do what they are told :D

my niece complained her PE bag was a City one from a couple of years ago when she went in the corporate bit and met the players. 

she now has a shiney macron one with BWFC across the middle. she goes to school in Norley and there are no Bolton fans anywhere there. she still loves it. 

its all about brainwashing!!!!

I bought lad away top weeks back woman behind counter said they ain't a clue what's going on no keeper tops in either, considering replica kits are popular with kids it's a poor do

Also perhaps they should lose some of the endless staff they have in the club shop if they have to order upfront

• Site Supporter

My guess is that even when stuff is on sale, it's still not a loss to the club. Therefore, if the club tried to make only (say) ten pounds an item instead of thirty ot forty then they'd maybe sell a lot more. Which all goes towards what gets said about cheaper ticket prices equals more folk buying hotdogs, etc.

I ordered my grandson [aged 5] a new Colls away shirt, I will get it in around 2 weeks, this is direct from Joma'sr website, now Colls aren't going to sell a load but if you want one it is easy to get

is it white a red hoops like the other big wigan clubs?

• Moderators

I cant see macron bending over backwards for us. They are more likely looking after the clubs that are run better.

When I say run better, I mean owners accepting previous contracts and owners son not tweeting fans and asking who they want as their next supplier, whilst still in contract with macron