Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 0-3 Boro

bolton va va

• Moderators

On the topic of embargo

Even if lifted has anyone confirmed that we have any money to sign players transfer fees or even wages

All I'm saying is we may not be in a much better position than we are now, the embargo is only half of the problem

Aye

Even out of the embargo I couldn't see us signing anything other than freebies and loans

I think everyone was happy with our business over the summer and were confident we have a team that can stay up, knowing what we'd be up against

So there's more to it than just the embargo

The evidence so far suggests not or we're going about games in the right way, not because of who we brought in over the summer

A club under an embargo is a convenient reason for owners who don't want to spend any money not to.

We've gone into this season like a boxer with a broken hand and his other arm tied behind his back.

I'm sure that if the embargo was lifted and we didn't spend immediately then some of the Ken love would quickly dissipate. I'd hope that it wouldn't be the case but you all know what Bolton fans are like.

• Moderators

look it was good play from the lad but certainly no messi style build up

If it means taking an early yellow for the team then you do, we ain't going to get far pussy footing about and rolling over.

Take note on Tuesday because Sheffield Utd certainly won't hold back on challenges

The bloke you are talking to played football at a decent level

Certainly higher than anybody I know on here....even the baldy Manc

Doesn't make him right, just saying he is speaking from experience

Often chasing shadows :)

• Moderators

I'm sure that if the embargo was lifted and we didn't spend immediately then some of the Ken love would quickly dissipate. I'd hope that it wouldn't be the case but you all know what Bolton fans are like.

I don't expect us to spend anything on players

We can't until January, anyway

and fair play to him I was knocking him its opinions

But I'm sticking with my opinion and so thought many others on Saturday

• Moderators

Tbd, he doesn't chuck it in to his posts

I just think it's interesting that somebody who has played a bit doesn't think it's as simple as kick him up in the air

Unlike lies who has only ever run after a pie

It's something we all grew up with but these days, even if you catch the fella you're going off if you do it

Tbd, he doesn't chuck it in to his posts

I just think it's interesting that somebody who has played a bit doesn't think it's as simple as kick him up in the air

Unlike lies who has only ever run after a pie

It's something we all grew up with but these days, even if you catch the fella you're going off if you do it

just a tap of ankles not snap him in two, anyway you're on holiday forget wanderersways

• Members

Middlesbrough hadn't won away for 13 months, had lost their first 2 away games and failed to score at home to PNE last game.

Hardly the world beaters we made them look like yesterday then.

Are you aware they played in the Premier League last season? It's a nonsense stat.

Burnden 7 s 1987

I'm not denying we're shit, I just hate nonsense stats. Like when Team A hasn't beaten Team B in 50 years even though they've only played once during that time.

Dead right. We haven't won away in the Championship for nearly 30 games....but....well you know

• Site Supporter

Here's a thought, if we did come out of the embargo, then it would allow us to sign lads on better wages- could that be a kick up the pants to some of our irreplaceable, current incumbents, as in pull your socks up or some else can be brought in.

Is it possible that some feel too secure, irrespective of their wage.

• Site Supporter

The players put 100% in yesterday but fell well short I'm not sure what else u can do to be honest?

Maybe. I'm looking for a bit more leadership on the field, and as we all known when confidence is low performance levels drop.

Looking for players to show a bit more with the ball and not be fearful of making a mistake.

A lot of that needs to come from training and tactics, and maybe with the number of new players time is needed for the squad to gel.

Get that spirit and players will go that extra mile, even if they aren't aware of doing so.

Maybe. I'm looking for a bit more leadership on the field, and as we all known when confidence is low performance levels drop.

Looking for players to show a bit more with the ball and not be fearful of making a mistake.

A lot of that needs to come from training and tactics, and maybe with the number of new players time is needed for the squad to gel.

Get that spirit and players will go that extra mile, even if they aren't aware of doing so.

one of my issues are the inconsistent performances

Take a good performance away at brum and follow up by not turning up against Derby

Sheffield Wednesday in cup cracking performance apart from switching off at the end, and that Wednesday team was packed with money signings so forget budget issue there to then capitulate at hull without fight