Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 1-0 Bristol City

little whitt

Everything comes with winning first and foremost and if you keep doing that you’ll get a bit of entertainment as well. Next Fooker who moans about Parky only being able to play hoof ball gonna get a metaphorical smack on the nose.

It’s a ridiculous meme. Parky has to contend with every difficulty going and does so without a fuss. He’s nothing if not adaptable. I don’t think we played much differently last night. If I’m honest. The difference was Ameobi was on fire and that got us going more often than not.

Morais gave us some fresh legs definitely at a time when running into the corners was key.

Clough I thought lifted the whole team and the stadium with his positivity on the ball. Should've scored but put that down to rustiness.

Overall I thought Clough had a much bigger influence. We won, so if you don't agree it really doesn't matter

I thought he picked the wrong team.

I thought leaving Derik on was wrong would have moved Vela deeper

I disagreed with the Little substitution.

M

I wonder if PP would be as bad if he tried to do my job.

I thought exactly same perhaps we would have won more comfortably with our decisions. ????

Morais gave us some fresh legs definitely at a time when running into the corners was key.

Clough I thought lifted the whole team and the stadium with his positivity on the ball. Should've scored but put that down to rustiness.

Overall I thought Clough had a much bigger influence. We

won, so if you don't agree it really doesn't matter

Looked to me like Clough just caught it too well and hit it too hard - possibly the adrenaline of “the big return” contributing?

He scuffs it a bit and it goes in

Overall I thought Clough had a much bigger influence. We won, so if you don't agree it really doesn't matter

He lifted the atomosphere no doubt. And he made some good runs. Not sure he did an awful lot on the ball though. Mainly because we didn’t have enough of it to give him a decent supply. Which is my major worry with him in this team. How do we fit him in and get him the ball consistently?

Looked to me like Clough just caught it too well and hit it too hard - possibly the adrenaline of “the big return” contributing?

He scuffs it a bit and it goes in

Just wondering what you would have said if it was the washing machine ? ????????

No surprise to me that Morais had an impact - the guy is quality. Also no surprise we have not scored as many goals from set plays this season as Morais has either been injured or we cannot accommodate him in the side. Everyone else's delivery is average at best.

With regards to Clough on that performance I don't think he's changed at all. Can provide moments of quality but does not have the strength to hold the ball up. Can't fault his love for the Club though. Wish more had that attitude.

Thought every player put a proper shift in today.

The back 5 put there bodies on the line.

Thought dervite had another strong game.

Just need to remember to stop lumping high balls up to walker, thought he did OK, but the centre half marking him won header after header.

I was quite surprised at how poor they were second half, or was that just how well we closed them down and stopped them playing?