Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton v Forest

Marc505

2 minutes ago, Morizio said:

The wingers were ineffective and shit, so why does he keep them on the same wing being ineffective and shit?

Has he ever swapped their wings? Must be worth a go to see if they’re as equally as shit on the opposite wing.

Now that would effectively be a Plan B which we all know by now he hasn’t got in his locker 

it’s bad enough the fans having enough of this shit but it now seems the players have  too. Not one of them can enjoy doing that week in week out

When that happens it’s curtains 

Very worrying that tonight.

oddly moreso that for me it wasn’t really a 3-0 game; but we have such a soft underbelly and create so little that any team with a little quality are going to pick us off.

Parky is really up against it now; but if he goes could anyone else get more out of this lot? As Eddie says they’re a ragtag bunch of has beens, never were, and never will be players...our collective technique is woeful - most of our shots belong in a pub league. 

I’ve been saying for months that Noone and Wildschut are thick as fuck and tonight has illustrated it perfectly. Their decision making is simply horrific.

I thought Joe Lolley was terrific for them - quick, strong, great touch and played the right balls at the right times.

2 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

Very worrying that tonight.

oddly moreso that for me it wasn’t really a 3-0 game; but we have such a soft underbelly and create so little that any team with a little quality are going to pick us off.

Parky is really up against it now; but if he goes could anyone else get more out of this lot? As Eddie says they’re a ragtag bunch of has beens, never were, and never will be players...our collective technique is woeful - most of our shots belong in a pub league. 

I’ve been saying for months that Noone and Wildschut are thick as fuck and tonight has illustrated it perfectly. Their decision making is simply horrific.

I thought Joe Lolley was terrific for them - quick, strong, great touch and played the right balls at the right times.

The ever positive side of me feels there's surely a better performance level in that squad we hsve, at least one to keep us up, just perhaps needs a new direction and voice now though.

Flicked over to WBA v Derby and it was like watching a different sport.

Every team that comes to our stadium  this season (and last season) looks stronger in every position, so inevitably they they end up looking like the home side.

I don't remember this happening every home game, even in the dark days of the 80's.

I know we've no money ffs, but some effort and commitment wouldn't go amiss.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Hull match to sink another Bolton

manager?

The stands will be as poisonous as they were that night if things go anything like they did then

I'd say Parky does have a plan B, right through to Z, it's just none of them tend to work too well and the pattern of play tends to go the same way no matter who starts or whoever comes on

He put this squad together but his bereft of ideas on how to get them to perform

We may have got some good results this season but never really felt like we have been the better team, and it's nowt to do with being a team of loans and frees

Just back. That first half was just shocking. Players couldn't control the ball, most didn't seem to know what they were supposed to be doing.

Wildschutt really is poor. One of the only professional footballers I've seen with a worse first touch than me. Don't care if he never plays for us again.

Started second half better but got picked off.

Oh and another shocking ref!!!!!!!!

Can't believe I've got to do it all again Saturday.

If we lose to Hull surely time for Parky to go. All he is at minute is a mixture of the worst of Freedman and Coyle, negative tactics combined with bingo machine selections. I pay my money, up front, for 90 minutes of some form of entertainment, if he's only ever going to bother taking the game to the opposition and unleashing his two most potent players for quarter of an hour every week to save a lost cause we all might as well stay in the pub, have a couple more pints and wander in at half time.

Parky earned more credit and patience than most would get but it's running out fast, his stubborn insistence on that set-up week in week out is failing miserably and emptying the stadium. Yes, our squad is clearly not of the level of those such as Forest who've had new investment but he does have some better tools than last season, he just, for whatever reason, can't bring himself to use them.

Wildschut, by the way, is a League 2 player at best. Unbelievably bad. 

Edited by ianofrochdale

Parky's handling of Doidge has been an absolute disgrace. That lad patently knows where the goals are. For fucks sake build the team to give him service and see how he does. 15 mins here and there, when we're behind, isn't fair to the lad and is a criminal waste. Even if there's a fitness or stamina issue, start him and whizz him off after an hour when he might have put us on the front foot in a game for a change. For a team with as pathetic a scoring record as ours, his continuing absence is ridiculous.

• Moderators

As an aside

Just said on sky it was their first league win at our place in 40 years, which surprised me

Only 11 league games though

We won 4, 7 draws

They've beat us in the cup 3 times though in that time

Not sure why I'm posting this

Just now, ianofrochdale said:

Parky's handling of Doidge has been an absolute disgrace. That lad patently knows where the goals are. For fucks sake build the team to give him service and see how he does. 15 mins here and there, when we're behind, isn't fair to the lad and is a criminal waste. Even if there's a fitness or stamina issue, start him and whizz him off after an hour when he might have put us on the front foot in a game for a change. For a team with as pathetic a scoring record as ours, his continuing absence is ridiculous.

Problem isn't who he plays up front, it's creating chances and it's just not happening, the stats show we have the lowest shots in the league not just on target but shots overall, that in itself tells a story, Parkinson needs to go he's far too negative.

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

As an aside

Just said on sky it was their first league win at our place in 40 years, which surprised me

Only 11 league games though

We won 4, 7 draws

They've beat us in the cup 3 times though in that time

Not sure why I'm posting this

i am, it's your antidote

Edited by Alf Hartigan

Think the worst part of it this year is I feel like there’s a team in there, last year it was clear as day that we didn’t have a championship side. This year we’ve probably get the best defence we’ve had in years, improved the striker position and added depth to the squad in general. Yet we’re still throwing out piss poor performances like that on a frequent basis. I think if Ken has the finances to sack PP and bring in a half decent replacement he will, but if he doesn’t it looks like another long season. 

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Alf Hartigan said:

I don't want to pot Parky, but that's not to say I disagree with most comments on here.

It'll look better when we've whipped Hull on Saturday.

Aye, same here as am fairly ambivalent towards him

I understand the situation the club is in, and has been since he's been manager

But many of the performances have been utter dross, but he manages to get the results to keep us going, just

He's just so very trying and tedious

And have said it many times now but it can't be primarily down to resources, because half the time the players don't look like they're trying, arsed or organised, and I don't accept that this is the result of being a freebie or loan