Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

1 minute ago, gonzo said:

Surely it’s not bad profit for simply handing the keys to an event management company and getting them back Monday morning? 

Are you suggesting other stadia will get more?

i think he is so engrossed in Yorkshire Tea going global and wiping the floor with lesser brands hes clouded his judgement :D

41 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Surely it’s not bad profit for simply handing the keys to an event management company and getting them back Monday morning? 

To be honest I thought 40k was a bit shit, but looking on web London O2 charge 80k - so I suppose - taking into account North/South divide, 40k not far off the mark

44 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

I have stated my opinion and you obviously still want to play, what's your take on it?

we are a small club who needs every penny. so 40k is a lot of money. It may not be £1million but its money in we need. going forward we need additional revenue streams and this is a good start

2 hours ago, gonzo said:

It’s not profit though, there will be some additional costs of course, energy, pitch repairs, insurance etc 

I get how it could be worthwhile if we rented it out 10 or 20 times a year but I imagine the odd event here and there will barely wash its Face 

Our council tax is through the roof based on rateable value as we hire out for concerts etc - I’m not sure if we would be better off knocking all the events on the head and going to the council / government with a change of use argument to reduce our business rates right down 

Hard to tell without seeing the books but it certainly doesn’t look like the stadium can generate enough additional income to pay for itself or the current situation wouldn’t be as bad 

• Moderators

40k in any event is not to be sniffed at given our predicament

though I think it was Smiley who heard that the day after the event management paid the deposit, KA whacked in an invoice for the same amount (presumably for consultancy)

not that I'd spread such a rumour like, you'd have to ask @Smiley

21 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

40k in any event is not to be sniffed at given our predicament

though I think it was Smiley who heard that the day after the event management paid the deposit, KA whacked in an invoice for the same amount (presumably for consultancy)

not that I'd spread such a rumour like, you'd have to ask @Smiley

I said further up in this thread that the £40k was money received after the administrators took over on the 13th May. If a deposit was paid it would show in last years accounts so arguing about the £40k is pointless because it’s not known what the total cost was.

Edited by Boby Brno

• Moderators
35 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

I said further up in this thread that the £40k was money received after the administrators took over on the 13th May. If a deposit was paid it would show in last years accounts so arguing about the £40k is pointless because it’s not known what the total cost was.

sorry, was on about the killers / little mix gigs from last year, not the rod stewart one last month

7 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

sorry, was on about the killers / little mix gigs from last year, not the rod stewart one last month

No problem. The same principle applies though. It would seem reasonable to assume that some sort of deposit or stage payment was paid when the contract was agreed.

1 hour ago, birch-chorley said:

It’s not profit though, there will be some additional costs of course, energy, pitch repairs, insurance etc 

I get how it could be worthwhile if we rented it out 10 or 20 times a year but I imagine the odd event here and there will barely wash its Face 

Our council tax is through the roof based on rateable value as we hire out for concerts etc - I’m not sure if we would be better off knocking all the events on the head and going to the council / government with a change of use argument to reduce our business rates right down 

Hard to tell without seeing the books but it certainly doesn’t look like the stadium can generate enough additional income to pay for itself or the current situation wouldn’t be as bad 

Thought it meant profit mate 👍🏻