Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

Wonder why it's not appeared on any other news outlets other than the Jewish Telegraph yet.   Particular Talksport who seem to get all the Bassini exclusives.  Especially now that he seems to be wandering around Manchester telling anyone who will listen.

2 minutes ago, Matthew1234 said:

Someone offer me a silver lining here. Can Michael James just decline any offer from Bassini, and choose FV or would that not be possible?

From Marc Iles

Bassini has applied for a court order to stop the sale of Burnden Leisure Ltd, which holds the golden share. I am told there will be an instant application to overturn the decision and resume the sale of the club. #bwfc

Says he's only applied for the court order, not got it yet.

Edited by chrisw99

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Ani said:

Is there such a thing as Manchester High Court ? 

Just had a look; Wikipedia sort of says yes, but not clear.

I'm begging to smell bullshit.

Should have been beginning, but maybe better as it is.

Edited by Tonge moor green jacket

4 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I agree on the ffp etc with the efl.

Presumably though, the court (if true) doesn't accept that: if Bassini has somehow illustrated sufficient funds were available at the time to buy the club; then he may have a case.

Maybe, but his beef would surely be with the EFL, not Ken.

Club statement:

It is with a combination of outrage and disgust that I have to inform Bolton Wanderers fans that the deal to sell the club to Football Ventures has been temporarily suspended in the last hour.

Late this afternoon, we were informed by lawyers acting for Laurence Bassini that he had been awarded a court order attempting to prevent the sale of Burnden Leisure Limited, part of an action against a company owned by Ken Anderson.

It beggars belief that Mr Bassini, a man who publicly professed to care passionately for the club, has now, through his actions, threatened its very existence.

Despite a long and hugely complex process of negotiation, we were finally on the brink of completion this afternoon when Bassini’s order was served.

Our lawyers are now in conversation with Counsel in a bid to overturn the order immediately.

1 minute ago, DomRepWanderer said:

More sure now than I have ever been that this loon is in cahoots with that slimy fucker Anderson.

Agreed. 

I mean, even if he did get control what sort of reception would he seriously expect to get?

Court sees a contract signed by the owner of the club, signed, saying Bassini can take over. Case closed.

So Bassini becomes the owner, can't get EFL ratification because he's skint. We're sunk.

Job done 

11 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I agree on the ffp etc with the efl.

Presumably though, the court (if true) doesn't accept that: if Bassini has somehow illustrated sufficient funds were available at the time to buy the club; then he may have a case.

To be honest, no one knows anything anymore, we're all just guessing.

It depends on what the contract says in terms of Bassini satisfying any completion conditions (such as obtaining EFL approval) and what grounds there were to terminate. Without seeing that, it’s total guesswork.

It’s certainly feasible that he could have a claim for breach of contract even if he hadn’t (at the time of Ken purportedly terminating the contract) satisfied EFL requirements. The court appears to agree that there is at least a case to be considered.

2 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

More sure now than I have ever been that this loon is in cahoots with that slimy fucker Anderson.

That's what I thought, far too many coincidences seem to be appearing.

1. KA stated that Bassini failed to produce evidence of funds - so the signed agreement based on a coupe of conditions is null as Bassini failed to meet conditions.

2. We went into administration, that now trumps that agreement