Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Harry and Meghan

globaldiver

• Members
12 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

No different from Diana, Charles etc to be fair all the royals usually have causes they get behind.

Charlie boy is always sticking his oar in.

See, I have no problem with Charlies truly green efforts nor for that matter with Harry carrying on with the minefield work his mother got into. I see those as well meaning and for the general good of folk. Certainly not overtly political so good luck to them.

With Markle, it's the anti Trump and pro US Democrats stance plus a few other things she's regularly on the soapbox about which I have a problem with.

UK Republicans should be celebrating. If she could turn a Monarchist like me off the Royal Family, just think how many others might be swayed to having an snidey, granny shagging wide boy who smells of garlic as head of state?

7 hours ago, Traf said:

Meghan was a mixed-race, foreign commoner.

She was always going to be a target, sadly. 

Aye and amazing how when people complain about royals or celebrities having an opinion it turns out that opinion is something the. Complainer disagrees with. 

On 06/10/2019 at 06:25, bolty58 said:

I'll answer you as a show of respect as you, unlike three others immediately above this post, at least listen to the other side whether or not you agree.

Independent arbiter in the case of an extreme constitutional crisis (as some would argue there is now - because the remain side lost and is ignoring the basic tenet of democracy which says that the losing side must accept the will of the majority).

I take absolutely no notice of Koontz (in all facets of my life and definitely on here). He should probably be on ignore like the site commie.

Bury boy should be on a picket line at some Birmingham primary school rather than wittering on here shouldn't he?

Devastated 😭

On 06/10/2019 at 10:31, Spider said:

My mum doesn’t like her because she’s brown

My mum has the excuse of early onset dementia and an old school racism that is of a different age.

Your mum doesn't have a readership of millions though. 

Staggers me that the rags in this country are a) allowed to spew their bullshit about whoever they fancy under the banner of 'free press' and b) still attract a massive core of people who believe the aforementioned bullshit. 

• Members
15 minutes ago, TM Trotter said:

Your mum doesn't have a readership of millions though. 

Staggers me that the rags in this country are a) allowed to spew their bullshit about whoever they fancy under the banner of 'free press' and b) still attract a massive core of people who believe the aforementioned bullshit. 

Staggers me when folk like you have absolutely no concept of people having a different view to yours.

I can't stand Anna Soubry. Is that because the colour of her skin? Is it fuck.

I don't give a flying fuck what colour/mixture/'race' this US metropolitan elitist is. We are all mixed race - none more so than us extraordinary Brits.

She needs to look at Kate Middleton as a role model and get off the fucking soapbox.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Site Supporter

Judt watched that documentary about their African trip. Both look to be really feeling the pressure and bullshit written in our god awful tabloid media. Meghan came across really well and we all know Harry is a good'un so they will do for me. Plus Meghan is rather nice on the eye.

• Members

Not for the first time our opinions differ. I think she's a scheming, over opinionated and selfish bitch who will end up sending the former peoples favourite Harry either to a psychiatrist or the divorce court. We shall see.

Kate Middleton, conversely, is the epitome of class.

• Site Supporter
7 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Not for the first time our opinions differ. I think she's a scheming, over opinionated and selfish bitch who will end up sending the former peoples favourite Harry either to a psychiatrist or the divorce court. We shall see.

Kate Middleton, conversely, is the epitome of class.

To be fair mate, I don't know her and I don't read the kind of media with such gossip to form such a negative opinion of her.

How do you know she is all the things you say she is?

• Site Supporter

I think bolty may be referring to her causes prior to marrying Harry.

Not sure what exactly these were, but there was stuff mentioned in the press before the ceremony took place. To be honest, I took little notice.

Didn't watch the documentary, not sure they've done the right thing in doing it. I do hope they both get any help they need though. 

Harry did a couple of tours of Afghanistan, perhaps royal white may know more about this, but I would imagine he's seen plenty of shit during that time.

There could be all sorts going on in his head.

• Members
49 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

To be fair mate, I don't know her and I don't read the kind of media with such gossip to form such a negative opinion of her.

How do you know she is all the things you say she is?

Perchance we get more coverage down here matey - particularly from the US side of things. Believe me, I do not read any of the type of magazine to which I think you might be referring and nor do I give a fuck what colour her skin is before Walshaw Mandela chimes in. I would very happily vote for Diana Ross to be Prime Minister or even Queen!

Of course she is the consummate, fluttering eyelash, 'Would you like to pin me down and fuck me rigid' actress when the cameras are on her and she is pleading her case against the evil tabloids (which, BTW, I believe they often are. Press guttersnipes). You can't have it both ways though. Use their PR value and then expect that they won't point out obvious hypocrisies.

Always liked Harry and I sincerely hope he comes out of this OK and can get back to his former persona - so appreciated by the British public.

On 08/10/2019 at 01:37, TM Trotter said:

eYour mum doesn't have a readership of millions though. 

Brian Leveson struggled with this problem. He pointed out that, no matter what editors say, the issues recur a decade later. The 'freedom of the press' card is used whenever challenged, but framing rules which rein them in while retaining freedom is beyond difficult.

Note that Cameron set up the Leveson Inquiry, then changed the terms of reference, and dropped part 2 of the inquiry altogether.

Edited by MalcolmW

On 08/10/2019 at 01:56, bolty58 said:

Staggers me when folk like you have absolutely no concept of people having a different view to yours.

9 hours ago, bolty58 said:

I think she's a scheming, over opinionated and selfish bitch

Ahhh what is it they say..."Bazinga"?

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

She doesn’t like the heat?

Perhaps stay out of the limelight?

Her friends said not to marry Harry? Did any turn up at the wedding?

Indeed, but is there really a need for some of the personal stuff that seems to go on?

If they took a back seat, they'd come in for a load of stick for being lazy etc so I can't see that happening.

24 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

She doesn’t like the heat?

Perhaps stay out of the limelight?

Her friends said not to marry Harry? Did any turn up at the wedding?

That's a weak argument. She's in the royal family. She's not complaining about attention but about the way the press treat her. She has a point. And I'm no fan of any royal. 

But some of the comments on this forum are offensive - and inspired by our own media. There is absolutely no need - she's allowed an opinion and should be treated with respect. No need to be scared of women speaking out. 

2 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

That's a weak argument. She's in the royal family. She's not complaining about attention but about the way the press treat her. She has a point. And I'm no fan of any royal. 

But some of the comments on this forum are offensive - and inspired by our own media. There is absolutely no need - she's allowed an opinion and should be treated with respect. No need to be scared of women speaking out. 

Oh sure, I agree

• Moderators
On 07/10/2019 at 09:51, bolty58 said:

With Markle, it's the anti Trump and pro US Democrats stance plus a few other things she's regularly on the soapbox about which I have a problem with.

14 hours ago, bolty58 said:

what did she say that made you change your mind?

http://www.wanderersways.com/forum/topic/88073-in-or-out-again/page/66/?tab=comments#comment-1750559

"For the record, Meghan made anti Trump broadcasts too in support of electing crooked Hillary. In a much more constructive and convincing way than that utter guttersnipe Ashley Judd."

On 08/10/2019 at 01:56, bolty58 said:

On 07/10/2019 at 09:51, bolty58 said:

You're such a tit.

Which of the above is a fishing trip? Or better still a typo?

Edited by mickbrown