Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Harry and megan

Underpants

2 hours ago, Zico said:

It was swept under the carpet by the royal family

The royal family said they'd open an investigation into the bullying claims and said such behaviour would not be tolerated

Kept quiet about Andrew, took him out the limelight, and no sign of him cooperating with the investigation 

Suppose the headline depends on what you think is worse 

1oVy1Jp.jpg

I think that criticism of the Royal Family is entirely justified. It's fairly shocking that they are enabling Andrew to evade a police investigation.

My point was more about people on social media pearl clutching about the press. They absolutely have reported, at length, about Andrew. And as for creating a toxic environment of bullying around celebrities... well Facebook & Twitter are as bad as anything for that. And on those platforms Kate has had it as bad as anyone.

• Members
1 hour ago, miamiwhite said:

Ani's mate is the guy who started this thread, interesting quote from 2019

Excuse the pun but it isn’t as black and white as leaving due to withdrawal of security and “racism”  no way 

1 hour ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Bit of an easy gig playing the race card imo, it happens a lot these days and I’m convinced the majority of decent Brits don’t give a fook about skin colour etc etc

Some bloke on sommat with Naga Munchetty last night stated what should be the obvious but it encapsulated why it's bang out of order for whites to make that call.

To paraphrase he (and others) said overt prejudice is rare these days, but covert shit - little looks or comments etc. here and there is still rife...

I think loads of folk do still give a fuck about skin colour - they just know better to keep it under their hat as attitudes have largely changed to what's right.

That goes for folk still giving a fuck about other differences too.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

5 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

He was French though. If she'd only had a good old fashioned Anglo Saxon type

Couldn't have been more French - an arrogant pisspot, pissed on cognac and who was crap at drunk-driving (therefore he couldn't take his booze either).

Imagine someone English in a big Mercedes limousine being bullied off the road by a Renault Clio.

Wouldn't have happened.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

21 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Having a chauffeur hardly turned out to be a perk in the end, did it?

dunno who this this refering to , but didnt diana turn down all the security stuff ?

i carnt remember if Megan and Harry have done the same

17 minutes ago, e2e4 said:

dunno who this this refering to , but didnt diana turn down all the security stuff ?

i carnt remember if Megan and Harry have done the same

They did by fuckin off to the States

16 hours ago, Cheese said:

The 'tourism' part is massively overstated. Tourism to France didn't end when they sacked their lot off in 1870. Tourists come to see Palaces and Castles and Jewels, not actual members of the Royal Family. When was the last time you saw the Queen posing for a selfie with a Japanese fella?

aye, there's a lot in the report that is just speculation. 

1 hour ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Bit of an easy gig playing the race card imo, it happens a lot these days and I’m convinced the majority of decent Brits don’t give a fook about skin colour etc etc

47 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Some bloke on sommat with Naga Munchetty last night stated what should be the obvious but it encapsulated why it's bang out of order for whites to make that call.

To paraphrase he (and others) said overt prejudice is rare these days

41 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Couldn't have been more French - an arrogant pisspot, pissed on cognac and who was crap at drunk-driving (therefore he couldn't take his booze either).

Ok to be Frenchist though eh? 😄

Edited by Burndens Bogs

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, Tombwfc said:

I think that criticism of the Royal Family is entirely justified. It's fairly shocking that they are enabling Andrew to evade a police investigation.

Do you know this for sure?

It's not even an investigation into Prince Andrew.

If they have evidence that he may be involved in any criminal activity, I'm sure they'll present it.

• Site Supporter

I remain certain that racism isn’t as big a problem as it’s made out to be.

Of course they’re still out there, but seems to me they’re a minuscule amount of people and are rightly called out for it and vilified.

Too many people are pushing non-racist comments into the spotlight to draw attention to themselves rather than any perceived insults.

It should always be dealt with severely, but I’m not sure it’s as big a problem as many like to assume.

• Members
3 minutes ago, Sweep said:

I'm sure somebody on here a couple of years ago suggested that there wasn't a racism issue in the UK, and if we all stopped talking about it and making reference to it, it'd go away

It would. Stop labelling people with the colour of their skin as the prefix and it will go away