Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Moderators
48 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Back to a recurring theme; Sweden are to start differentiating between those who die with Coronavirus and who die with it.

Maybe Sweden are trying to save face with their decision to let everyone crack on, whilst those around them went on full lockdown

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Loads of people with underlying health conditions aren’t about to croak it you know? Underlying health conditions includes about half the UK population. Asthma, blood pressure, diabetes, heart conditions, autoimmune diseases - those people aren’t all going to die tomorrow or next week. Many will live for decades longer if not for COVID 19. Kids with asthma have  an underlying health condition. But we aren’t expecting them to die!

Aye, surely we will get to the point where "underlying condition" will become an irrelevant caveat

5 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

Maybe Sweden are trying to save face with their decision to let everyone crack on, whilst those around them went on full lockdown

Yes, could be that

3 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

Aye, surely we will get to the point where "underlying condition" will become an irrelevant caveat

Yep. I mean many with underlying health conditions will be in better shape and live longer under normal circumstances than those who technically don’t have one.

Say an in shape 23 BMI asthmatic vs a 35 BMI out of shape person. You’d in normal circumstances give the asthmatic a far longer life. And frankly even with COVID they may have the better chance we just don’t know.

Its not just the real frail people in trouble with this thing.

• Site Supporter

As usual it's a matter of common sense and balance between those with conditions that are well managed and not causing serious issues, to those with life limiting conditions.

Ultimately though, folk are still dying now with this virus, which means they are catching it from others so this needs to be the focus of all our efforts.

1 minute ago, Mr Grey said:

I'm asking from a statistical point of view, hence will they be included in statistics.

I do know what underlying health conditions are! 

Yeah I wasn’t having a go at you. It’s just you hear people talk about underlying conditions as though that’s just people who were very seriously ill. A lot with technical underlying conditions will be healthier than many without. 

11 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Pleasantly surprised that I’ve not seen anyone wish Boris ill. Must not be integrated in the right Commie extremist groups. 

You've got to be a proper not right to want someone dead because of their politics but this did make me chuckle

Screenshot_20200407-073549_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Moderators

With Boris, this is what was threatened wasn't it? A virus that starts with a cough and temperature then progresses to vital organ shutdown. There's too many cranks out there think they have it. I've had a sore throat since this all began, I ain't got Covid, I'm pretty sure of that because I'm sat in my home office and not intensive care. Dr Carlos.

1 minute ago, Carlos said:

With Boris, this is what was threatened wasn't it? A virus that starts with a cough and temperature then progresses to vital organ shutdown. There's too many cranks out there think they have it. I've had a sore throat since this all began, I ain't got Covid, I'm pretty sure of that because I'm sat in my home office and not intensive care. Dr Carlos.

Some people had it and it was just like a  bad cold. That's the problem - nobody knows what % have it without really knowing. 

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Some people had it and it was just like a  bad cold. That's the problem - nobody knows what % have it without really knowing. 

Who has had it like a cold? Who are some people? Without actual scientific proof of this assertation, you are just chatting shit.

• Moderators
56 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Yep. I mean many with underlying health conditions will be in better shape and live longer under normal circumstances than those who technically don’t have one.

Say an in shape 23 BMI asthmatic vs a 35 BMI out of shape person. You’d in normal circumstances give the asthmatic a far longer life. And frankly even with COVID they may have the better chance we just don’t know.

Its not just the real frail people in trouble with this thing.

for me, "underlying conditions" is an extension of "they would have died soon anyway" from the "it's no worse than flu" mindset

although on the other hand, maybe it also prevents mass hysteria, so let's hope BJ pulls through

My Mrs is off work with flu symptoms at the moment.  Stuffy head, dizzy and permanently knackered. She doesn't have a high temperature or a persistent cough.

She works in a mental health unit with no PPE and social distancing with paranoid schizophrenics presents it's own problems.  She's one of a few colleagues off work with such symptoms.  It's possible that none of them have Corona virus but without testing who knows? They'll all be back in work and supermarkets near you soon probably.

Just now, Duck Egg said:

My Mrs is off work with flu symptoms at the moment.  Stuffy head, dizzy and permanently knackered. She doesn't have a high temperature or a persistent cough.

She works in a mental health unit with no PPE and social distancing with paranoid schizophrenics presents it's own problems.  She's one of a few colleagues off work with such symptoms.  It's possible that none of them have Corona virus but without testing who knows? They'll all be back in work and supermarkets near you soon probably.

I had that mate for a couple of weeks with the dizziness towards the end.  I’m fully recovered from whatever it was now and the dizziness was the worst of all the symptoms of that helps to put your mind at rest 

5 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I had that mate for a couple of weeks with the dizziness towards the end.  I’m fully recovered from whatever it was now and the dizziness was the worst of all the symptoms of that helps to put your mind at rest 

It does.  Cheers. I'm not sure how much longer I can keep doing the big shop on my own! 

2 hours ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Studies show 80% have "mild" symptoms. What that means will range, but IIRC the first Brit - that skiing bloke who got it, said it was a heavy cold type thing. Its a range - and its likely some have it without any symptoms. 

Right, here goes.....

I started to feel bad, really bad on Friday 27th March -  all the commonly know symptoms from zero sense of smell or taste through to high temperature, constant cough and splitting headache.

Saturday 28th March was one of the worst nights of my life, and after the wife made a long phone call to 111, they advised that an ambulance should be called if I was struggling to breathe, which I was. I decided I'd be OK and told her not to call an ambulance......Sunday 29th, absolutely horrific, temperature cycling between boiling and freezing, and the headache like nothing I've ever experienced. If I didn't regulate my breathing, then I'd descend into a mass coughing fit, which would almost make me pass out due to lack on being able to breathe.

Mrs Sweep again calls 111, who say that we should call an ambulance.......no chance I say, again, as I don't fancy it.

Monday 30th, I start to feel a little less dreadful and think I'm past it........Tuesday 1st April, it's back as bad as ever and I'm as low as I've ever been, but it seems to be coming over me in waves now (the temperature, the cough is a constant). Mrs Sweep reminded me earlier that I went to bed at 18:00 on the Saturday, and didn't actually get out of bed again until the following Wednesday, that's ow utterly fucked I was

Anyway, over a week later, and I'm over the worst of it certainly, my lung capacity is pretty fucked at the minute, and I can;t hold my breath from more than about 3 seconds before I spiral into a coughing fit that floors me.

At no point in that horrendous 7-10 days did I think I was actually going to die, but I certainly was aware that if there was anything the slightest thing wrong with me, then I'd have been in deep, deep shit.

The only positive I can take at the minute is that I'm getting better and stronger should hopefully be immune now. Sadly, one of my friends, aged 51, went into Stevenage Hospital last Tuesday with a Liver infection, and died of COVID-19 on the Friday morning, he leaves a wife and a ten year old son.....

Those of you who haven't experienced it yet, I hope that you never do. Those of you that still claim "it's just a mild cold/flu" just don't know what the fuck you're talking about, this is a serious thing that sadly seems to affect different people in different ways, to just assume that all you'll get it and it'll be like a small sniffle is pretty naive at best. Plenty of you on here know me, and I'm hardly in the overweight and unhealthy bracket, and it absolutely floored me - I sincerely hope that nobody on here, or your families get this virus, and if you do, that you don't suffer or feel half as bad as I did

Edited by Sweep

6 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Right, here goes.....

I started to feel bad, really bad on Friday 27th March -  all the commonly know symptoms from zero sense of smell or taste through to high temperature, constant cough and splitting headache.

Saturday 28th March was one of the worst nights of my life, and after the wife made a long phone call to 11, they advised that an ambulance should be called if I was struggling to breathe, which I was. I decided I'd be OK and told her not to call an ambulance......Sunday 29th, absolutely horrific, temperature cycling between boiling and freezing, and the headache like nothing I've ever experienced. If I didn't regulate my breathing, then I'd descend into a mass coughing fit, which would almost make me pass out due to lack on being able to breathe.

Mrs Sweep again calls 111, who say that we should call an ambulance.......no chance I say, again, as I don't fancy it.

Monday 30th, I start to feel a little less dreadful and think I'm past it........Tuesday 1st April, it's back as bad as ever and I'm as low as I've ever been, but it seems to be coming over me in waves now (the temperature, the cough is a constant). Mrs Sweep reminded me earlier that I went to bed at 18:00 on the Saturday, and didn't actually get out of bed again until the following Wednesday, that's ow utterly fucked I was

Anyway, over a week later, and I'm over the worst of it certainly, my lung capacity is pretty fucked at the minute, and I can;t hold my breath from more than about 3 seconds before I spiral into a coughing fit that floors me.

At no point in that horrendous 7-10 days did I think I was actually going to die, but I certainly was aware that if there was anything the slightest thing wrong with me, then I'd have been in deep, deep shit.

The only positive I can take at the minute is that I'm getting better and stronger should hopefully be immune now. Sadly, one of my friends, aged 51, went into Stevenage Hospital last Tuesday with a Liver infection, and died of COVID-19 on the Friday morning, he leaves a wife and a ten year old son.....

Those of you who haven't experienced it yet, I hope that you never do. Those of you that still claim "it's just a mild cold/flu" just don't know what the fuck you're talking about, this is a serious thing that sadly seems to affect different people in different ways, to just assume that all you'll get it and it'll be like a small sniffle is pretty naive at best. Plenty of you on here know me, and I'm hardly in the overweight and unhealthy bracket, and it absolutely floored me - I sincerely hope that nobody on here, or your families get this virus, and if you do, that you don't suffer or feel half as bad as I did

glad you're on the mend mate, that sounds absolutely horrendus, xxx

7 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Right, here goes.....

Saturday 28th March was one of the worst nights of my life, and after the wife made a long phone call to 11, they advised that an ambulance should be called if I was struggling to breathe, which I was. I decided I'd be OK and told her not to call an ambulance......Sunday 29th, absolutely horrific, temperature cycling between boiling and freezing, and the headache like nothing I've ever experienced. If I didn't regulate my breathing, then I'd descend into a mass coughing fit, which would almost make me pass out due to lack on being able to breathe.

Sounds awful. Nobody least of all me is saying this isn't really really bad for some and really really serious in a lot of cases. There doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason as to who gets it worse than others or whatever and I'm not saying everyone should go and get it cos its like a cold. 

Simply that we know some people get it and don't really know they've had it. Some people get it like you and struggle at home with a horrible illness and others end up like Boris in a really bad way in hospital. Nobody knows exactly what determines how severe each person gets it. Which is why we all need to try and not get it. 

Good luck with the recovery.