Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

3 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

Aye, it sounds shit for you, though I wouldn't link your situation to one where covid doesn't exist and lockdown is unnecessary, which is what he's getting at

I wasn’t. I’ve clearly said it exists. What I don’t understand is why when hospital numbers relating to covid are so so low why the rest of the nhs is still sat on its arse and using covid as the reason

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

I wasn’t. I’ve clearly said it exists. What I don’t understand is why when hospital numbers relating to covid are so so low why the rest of the nhs is still sat on its arse and using covid as the reason

Dunno, ask @kent_white

26 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

It's not sat on its arse. We've started up routine ops at the hospital again and most services are now beginning to return to normal. 

Primary care is a bit different as they can afford to be a little more cautious with the patients they see. 

We're also having to balance the risk of not opening back up quickly enough against the risk of needing to shut back down again in the event of another wave. 

Huge amounts of planning, mitigation and structural changes going on to try and meet all those needs.

9 minutes ago, kent_white said:

@Escobarp - just read the post about your Mum. Sorry to hear that mate - it must be really hard from your perspective. Is your Mum at RBH?

No mate Fairfield. Just cannot get anywhere and the hospital is just seemingly closed with no appointments being conducted in the hospital and it’s just impossible. Cannot even get a referral to go Private which you would think was beneficial to the nhs 

14 minutes ago, kent_white said:

It's not sat on its arse. We've started up routine ops at the hospital again and most services are now beginning to return to normal. 

Primary care is a bit different as they can afford to be a little more cautious with the patients they see. 

We're also having to balance the risk of not opening back up quickly enough against the risk of needing to shut back down again in the event of another wave. 

Huge amounts of planning, mitigation and structural changes going on to try and meet all those needs.

i get the planning etc but how many folk are going to and have already died because they cannot get treatment and all this because of deaths that may happen. If you get my point. 

i know you all work hard and I’m just venting so apologies I’m just petrified at losing my mum and just cannot understand why simple things Like a referral cannot be done. 

12 hours ago, Escobarp said:

It’s only killing old folk and those who are going to die soon anyway in reality bar a small number of exceptions. 

majority of folk now I hear who test positive are asymptomatic would this be correct to assume? 

But it will run amok through the pisscan community shortly with the lack of masks 😁 be a fair few empty stools in the boozers in 2021. 

up to 80% asymptomatic or have it mild enough to consider it no worse than a cold, according to the largest study so far.

ICNARC reports, info of the first 10k of ICU admitted patients, says;

Average age is 59

41% dead

10% still in hospital

49% discharged

and prior to admission

10% had very severe comorbidities 

89% able to live without assistance

9.8% able to live some assistance

0.4% needed total assistance

So, the ICU isn't full of those who were on deaths door beforehand, most aren't.

There aren't any figures I can find that shows the same detail for those who die outside of the ICU, so hard to tell overall.

11 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

Feel for Public Health. They've been absolutely decimated over the past two decades and now we're feeling the consequences.

Would need to hear more about the story above though. Doesn't sound right to me somehow? 

11 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

No mate Fairfield. Just cannot get anywhere and the hospital is just seemingly closed with no appointments being conducted in the hospital and it’s just impossible. Cannot even get a referral to go Private which you would think was beneficial to the nhs 

Sorry to hear about that mate. 

Try giving these guys a call

https://www.pat.nhs.uk/contact-us/pals-service.htm

They are the patient liaison services at Fairfield. They act as a go between for you and the hospital if you need to complain. 

Not sure what they are like at Fairfield but they're usually very good at RBH.

Hope you get an answer to some of your problems! ☹️👍

Just now, kent_white said:

They are the patient liaison services at Fairfield. They act as a go between for you and the hospital if you need to complain. 

Thanks pal 

12 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

i get the planning etc but how many folk are going to and have already died because they cannot get treatment and all this because of deaths that may happen. If you get my point. 

i know you all work hard and I’m just venting so apologies I’m just petrified at losing my mum and just cannot understand why simple things Like a referral cannot be done. 

I know mate. I didn't read your original post - otherwise I wouldn't have responded the way I did. 

It's a scary time - and you're worried about your mum. Everything else (entirely rightly) should go out of the window! 👍

1 hour ago, Boby Brno said:

Bit of a red herring this in my opinion in terms of the total picture, if someone dies either because of covid,  with covid, as a result of the lockdown because of delays with treatment,  it's all part of the same tragedy.

Would be much better if they calssified them differently , so that we can see the trends and take action where needed, but I bet (I would hope) they have this info behind the scenes already, and are already using it.

all that needs to be done is to assign them to different columns

Edited by peelyfeet

1 hour ago, Escobarp said:

have you ever sold anything to them?

We provide services to an NHS trust in North London, took us over a year to get the specification right because they have so many disparate antiquated systems that don't talk to each other , and that was just one trust. Usually takes us a few weeks.

The IT consultants working for them complained of reduced access to funding and increasing demand, very difficult to make something better and cheaper at the same time - they still use faxes - well they did until earlier this year (just checked - removed in April)

Edited by peelyfeet

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, kent_white said:

I'll second that. Pals were very good with us over my dad.

Kent- not sure if you saw bd's link yesterday- worth a read. A question over methodology.