Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Morizio said:

He’s pointing out the use of the word ‘pikey’ and the descriptives with it.

I’ve posted before about what is classed as a racist incident that is recorded by the police and your post probably would be classed as such.

Racism against gypsies is called antiziganism. 

A persons ethnic makeup doesn’t give them immunity from being a racist. Racism cuts  all ways. If there are any wannabe stattos and they can be arsed digging it out, the recorded racist incidents might just make people surprised as to the ethnicity of the majority of recorded victims. 

So, to be clear, we are now saying that any reference to a community that is Asian should be classed as a racist hate crime?

Educate me as a punishment. How do we refer correctly to an individual of Pakistani origins or descent, in the context of said individual gathering with similar individuals?

Im happy to learn.

Just now, Spider said:

So, to be clear, we are now saying that any reference to a community that is Asian should be classed as a racist hate crime?

Educate me as a punishment. How do we refer correctly to an individual of Pakistani origins or descent, in the context of said individual gathering with similar individuals?

Im happy to learn.

I’m not judging you. Just simply passing on some knowledge. 

• Site Supporter
Just now, Morizio said:

I’m not judging you. Just simply passing on some knowledge. 

Well you are, which in itself I find discriminating. As a mixed race individual I’m very alert to anything that may offend my cultural background.

Abdul, good friend of mine and a customer, refers to HIMSELF as part of the “brown pound community” and he defines this as Asian folks who tend to live in areas predominantly occupied by people of Asian descent or background.

18 minutes ago, Spider said:

Im happy to learn.

Calling people from the travelling community pikeys is classed as a racial slur. 

Sickening really, I thought you was a little better than that. 

6 minutes ago, Spider said:

Well you are, which in itself I find discriminating. As a mixed race individual I’m very alert to anything that may offend my cultural background.

Abdul, good friend of mine and a customer, refers to HIMSELF as part of the “brown pound community” and he defines this as Asian folks who tend to live in areas predominantly occupied by people of Asian descent or background.

If you feel that stongly about my post, you could always go and report it and see if it’s recorded as a racist incident 

13 hours ago, Cheese said:

All those people who aren't like us then. "They" all behave the same because they look a certain way?

Don’t be daft, I’ve read through it and I can’t see where he said ALL of them act a certain way 

The statistics often refer to cases per 100,000 of population. That’s a generalisation of 100,000 people. In communities where the 100,000 is made up with higher numbers of BAME Covid transmission levels are generally greater. This has been the case from the start, cultural differences with the way certain groups tend to live and mix are clearly playing a part here

Some are trying to make out that BAME are impacted worse than the average because of systemic racism, which for me is bollocks 

2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

On the subject of gypsies; personal experience suggests that whilst not all of them are bad, some are.

About 95% of them. Filthy, antisocial, thieving pikeys.

Of the lot that landed on our local park last week I would argue the % is higher. 

At every briefing we have been told that life style choices affect your chances of getting the virus. I can say without being racist that the way the Packistani community in Bradford live means that the virus will spread quicker than in the leafy towns such as Ilkley. Larger family groups living as extended families and people working in environments where the commitment to social distancing is lacking makes them more vulnerable. How does anyone explain the numbers in these areas otherwise ?  

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, royal white said:

Calling people from the travelling community pikeys is classed as a racial slur. 

Are you falling in love with me?

2 hours ago, royal white said:

I'm guilty of that in the same thread, if it is a racial slur it's the only one I use. From my brief but memorable encounter with them (sorry cheese 😉) fuck em. 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, royal white said:

Ginger racists don’t quite cut it with me 

Are you discriminating against me based on physical appearance/colour??? 😳

I’m sickened.

I thought better of you, I really really did.

So has it been decided via the wways kangaroo court that spider is a filthy racist? Or is the jury out on this one? 

I think spider is probably the 10th person at least to be called a racist by cheese so I would ask that that is taken into account by the jurors. 

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

On the subject of gypsies; personal experience suggests that whilst not all of them are bad, some are.

About 95% of them. Filthy, antisocial, thieving pikeys.

I've not come across anyone who has encountered this 5%

• Moderators

just watched BBC news having lunch

in summary:  Wave #2 is starting to gather momentum across the globe (for those that consider themselves to be over the first one)

keep your eye on Hong Kong

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

in summary:  Wave #2 is starting to gather momentum across the globe (for those that consider themselves to be over the first one)

The Chinese, with their slitty eyes and their proclivity to torture using bamboo and that, have clearly seeded the virus into Hong Kong as a way of indicating to western powers - those honky pale faced crusaders - that they are not to be fucked with.

It’s racism. Simple as that.

24 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

So has it been decided via the wways kangaroo court that spider is a filthy racist? Or is the jury out on this one? 

I think spider is probably the 10th person at least to be called a racist by cheese so I would ask that that is taken into account by the jurors. 

Surprised anyone engages with him

• Site Supporter
20 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

He's definitely not. I was being facetious and giving his balls a little tickle.

1 minute ago, Spider said:

The Chinese, with their slitty eyes and their proclivity to torture using bamboo and that, have clearly seeded the virus into Hong Kong as a way of indicating to western powers - those honky pale faced crusaders - that they are not to be fucked with.

It’s racism. Simple as that.

Second bite of the cherry in the racism game 😲😱

Being serious though now, there’s no way that the Chinese death figures can be true. It’s too devastating globally for their figures to be correct.  

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Morizio said:

Second bite of the cherry in the racism game 😲😱

Being serious though now, there’s no way that the Chinese death figures can be true. It’s too devastating globally for their figures to be correct.  

Now you’re confusing sarcasm for racism.

32 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

I was speaking to one of my contacts yesterday, as I have product that's supposed to be shipping out of HK on Friday. He advised me that the problem is really pretty big in HK at the minute, and it'll affect everything, especially import and export - so therefore I'll be getting my product a few days late as he's bouncing it via Shanghai instead