Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Travel plans 2020

Burndens Bogs

There won’t be any travel for 6 months at the earliest. I’d be writing off 2020 for sure. They cannot guarantee safety on planes. Hotels. Airports. Some countries might open their borders. Some may not. 
Plus between now and then airlines, airports, hotels and anything associated with travel is still in a very precarious position financially and might not exist in a few months. 

2 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

What!!! 

I suppose what they mean is that come October time the main tourist season will have finished and start again in April.

i have for flights booked for august, but who knows.  Flight restrictions might be eased - but will they let you in?

53 minutes ago, Smiley said:

There won’t be any travel for 6 months at the earliest. I’d be writing off 2020 for sure. They cannot guarantee safety on planes. Hotels. Airports. Some countries might open their borders. Some may not. 
Plus between now and then airlines, airports, hotels and anything associated with travel is still in a very precarious position financially and might not exist in a few months. 

THIS 

8 minutes ago, marple whites said:

I suppose what they mean is that come October time the main tourist season will have finished and start again in April.

i have for flights booked for august, but who knows.  Flight restrictions might be eased - but will they let you in?

That’s it flights may be pointless if you can’t stay anywhere 

Someone posted before that in one place hotel bookings were cancelled till September 

crazy 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, L/H White said:

say lockdown is lifted in the next month or so, would you all be comfortable holidaying to the likes or spain, italy etc still? 

Did you see all the Brits in Benidorm a few weeks ago?

We have enough gormless, Costa-obsessed pisscans with high blood pressure to assure you that a Pandemic won’t stop them having their 1 euro pint and full English as soon as the airports open.

Spain would literally have to collapse into the sea to prevent these mongotroids going over there and dreaming of home and spitfires and Bobby Charlton and Mother England.

3 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

I would in Portugal if they let me in 

currently only something like 700 deaths compared to others 

wow, didn't realise, what have they done different?

3 minutes ago, Spider said:

Did you see all the Brits in Benidorm a few weeks ago?

We have enough gormless, Costa-obsessed pisscans with high blood pressure to assure you that a Pandemic won’t stop them having their 1 euro pint and full English as soon as the airports open.

Spain would literally have to collapse into the sea to prevent these mongotroids going over there and dreaming of home and spitfires and Bobby Charlton and Mother England.

haha, we know those types wont bat an eye lid, i mean, the more brighter folk, surely they'll go about their business with an element of caution?

5 minutes ago, L/H White said:

wow, didn't realise, what have they done different?

haha, we know those types wont bat an eye lid, i mean, the more brighter folk, surely they'll go about their business with an element of caution?

Some Portuguese minister was on piers Morgan other day, basically said they acted weeks ahead of the uk with social distancing 

think they went into lockdown after something like 100 confirmed cases 

Edited by radcliffe white

• Moderators
40 minutes ago, L/H White said:

say lockdown is lifted in the next month or so, would you all be comfortable holidaying to the likes or spain, italy etc still? 

As it stands, Corfu is a better place to be than here

Last time I asked, they'd had one case

He had flown in from, I think,  Germany 

Thing is, he had isolated from landing

So, if they expect visitors to do that, it's not happening, is it

As an aside, they then got him off the island to a hospital with running water and electrickery. :)

• Moderators
Just now, ErnestTurnip said:

Been a while but does Barmouth beach have all the jelly fish like Harlech does ? 

Stayed in the same place a couple of times up the road in Llanbedr and used to be my fave until starting to go to South Wales.

Theres a cottage between barmouth and llanbedr we went to, which was good

But this place is 10 minutes from the beach and town

Between barmouth and the hendre mynach caravan site

• Moderators

Yes to jellies if its rough

Our dog has to sniff every one

Only bad thing about the beach and even then, theres the central beach which the tide doesnt cover

We use the dog beach, to the north

Few pubs, a couple of restaurants, chippies

My location of choice in the uk, as its just far enough that the mutt will put up with it and even then we stop at some mobbed farm shop half way there

My mrs would go back to where we stayed in Llanbedr tomorrow, lodges with nothing on site, pub, chippy, shop near, loads of places close to go for a short drive and mooch.

There's a place where we've been a few times in south wales that is better though, nothing on site, 10 mins walk to pub and beach, 20 mins walk to busier place and chippies etc. Love it down there.

2 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

Assuming we can travel, we’re having a few days in Dorset at the end of August. I’m expecting Italy in July and Greece in September to be moved back a number of months

you might be pleasantly surprised about Greece. They're dealing with COVID far better than most countries.

Guest Nordkurve
On ‎22‎/‎04‎/‎2020 at 19:19, Spider said:

Filtered air on planes is the best air you can breathe

I think Nordcurv mentioned it recently?

The HEPA Filters on Aircraft are very good. There is a problem though. The Air circulates through the Cabin. If someone sat in Seat 1A coughs, that cough is going to go through most of the Cabin before it is filtered. The Air will come back cleaned, but there is a good chance of you breathing in particles from that cough. It is a little more complicated than that as the way the Air circulates varies on different Aircraft types, so a lot depends on exactly where you are sat with regard to the person who might have Coughed. In general though, Social distancing on an Aircraft is a complete waste of time.