Name The Ground

Zico

7 hours ago, Zico said:

Aye, city 2-0 in 02/03 

Remember the celebration like it was yesterday 

Except it wasn't 

It was 20 years ago 

FFS 

Twenty years fucking hell. Actually only 3 days before my 20th that!

Was around the period where Okocha was best player in the league for me, an absolute joy to watch and the atmosphere and feeling of all being in it together at the home games at that point probably hasn't been repeated until these last couple of seasons.

14 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Twenty years fucking hell. Actually only 3 days before my 20th that!

Was around the period where Okocha was best player in the league for me, an absolute joy to watch and the atmosphere and feeling of all being in it together at the home games at that point probably hasn't been repeated until these last couple of seasons.

I know everyone will have experienced it differently but I felt it kind of passed us by somehow. That it was all a bit surreal and yet at the same time we didn’t feel one bit out of place.

Maybe I’m bitter because 2003/04 ended up being my last year as a season ticket holder for nearly a decade. What should be everyone’s golden period of attending games aged 18-25 was mainly hoping that games would get moved to a Sunday!

21 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

I know everyone will have experienced it differently but I felt it kind of passed us by somehow. That it was all a bit surreal and yet at the same time we didn’t feel one bit out of place.

Maybe I’m bitter because 2003/04 ended up being my last year as a season ticket holder for nearly a decade. What should be everyone’s golden period of attending games aged 18-25 was mainly hoping that games would get moved to a Sunday!

I kind of know what you mean, the atmospheres in the games leading up to and in the Boro survival game we're electric but at the same time didn't seem to feel like it was us doing all this. Couldn't actually believe it was Bolton competing with some of these teams.

In the later years that followed, the novelty began to wear off which is a great shame 

12 minutes ago, Underpants said:

Stoke 👎

Boro 👍

The last picture is the biggest clue for me.

Xk2jAhc.jpeg

lYv0MxV.jpeg

GA34IkO.png

wskYUKw.jpeg

I just didn’t recognise that away end at all. It was the white extension bit of the home end that was ringing bells. Once I’d got Brizzle in my head I could only think red and white colours

Love this game 😀👍

• 2 weeks later...